OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Yucky. Is he even cleared to play? He probably retires this offseason.

He's been cleared to play pretty much since getting traded to Toronto, they just never activated him I think.

Will they keep extending it if nothing happens, lol?

I was half-joking, I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the deadline to let the paperwork get sorted out though. Their actual reasoning had something to do with the league's status report time or something :laugh:

Edit: and it was really a nothing trade

Bombers can't really lose on it, and it would at least make for a hilarious storyline if Collaros ends up leading the Bombers past the Riders in the playoffs.

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think the most bizarre news is that Jim Popp actually agreed to extend Collaros before he ever played a game for the Argos.

I wonder if that contributed to Popp getting fired.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
He's been cleared to play pretty much since getting traded to Toronto, they just never activated him I think.

I was half-joking, I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the deadline to let the paperwork get sorted out though. Their actual reasoning had something to do with the league's status report time or something :laugh:

Edit: and it was really a nothing trade

Bombers can't really lose on it, and it would at least make for a hilarious storyline if Collaros ends up leading the Bombers past the Riders in the playoffs.

It will not make for a hilarious storyline if activating Collaros leads to yet another concussion for him. With this guy's history, a responsible league wouldn't allow him to play another game. Sometimes, people need to be saved from themselves. He even admitted to hiding concussion symptoms from the Riders.

Rob Vanstone: Saskatchewan Roughriders cannot allow oft-concussed Zach Collaros to play again

The Bombers have made a mistake here. They should not want to be enablers for a potentially life-changing injury.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
It’s in Collaros best interest to give Buff a call when he arrives in Winnipeg and the two can be fishing buddies.

There is no way he should ever set foot on a football field while in uniform.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am okay with this trade...

Streveler continues to get developed...

Will start the next 2 games for sure... The Bombers are giving Streveler his rope...

Win 2 out of the next 3 games and Streveler will be the starter at a home game in the Semi's at the very least...

Win all 3... maybe a Western Final start...

If he doesn't perform well... Collaros comes in as a starter in the Semi-final .... once he learns the playbook... either in a road game Calgary or the Poop Dome...

Why not... ?

A 3rd round pick sent the other way... ? Nice move by Walters...

Obviously Pinball is a smart man... I wanted MBT as well...

Popp was all Calvillo… and now is revealed as a fool...

Too bad for us... good for the CFL Popp was fired...

I expect O'Shea win or lose in the playoffs.... is off to Toronto to work with Clemons...

Also for the concussion concerns... he is no Buck'...

Buck for heavens sake was stuttering and stutters less now... and thank heavens for that...

Collaros is not like Buck was... and I hope he never gets there...

If Collaros plays in a Bombers playoff game...

Don't reach for a free ball on the opponents 1 yard line... that's all I ask...

:popcorn:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll take that trade. A 3rd round pick is essentially nothing in this league. Even if he can't stay healthy the Bombers don't lose anything of value.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'll take that trade. A 3rd round pick is essentially nothing in this league. Even if he can't stay healthy the Bombers don't lose anything of value.

It’s still an asset.

We acquired Nichols for a 7th round pick. Collaros is completely washed, and we gave up a 3rd? Argos snookered us.

Reactions: sipowicz

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
3 game losing streak, I'd have to think he does. Maybe not on Saturday.

Not a chance he’ll be ready for Saturday. He’ll barely have time to learn teammates’ names, let alone understand the playbook and go through a full install. He is probably third on their depth chart for Saturday.

My guess is that he doesn’t see the field until the second of our back to back against Calgary. If at all.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Copp is a better QB than both, Copp was an All Michigan High School quarterback dontcha know?

andrew-copp-thumb-590x345-87994.jpg

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It’s still an asset.

We acquired Nichols for a 7th round pick. Collaros is completely washed, and we gave up a 3rd? Argos snookered us.
We also got back a Tor 5th. We dropped from 25th overall to 38th overall. And got key depth.

Collaros is basically useless. But hes a much better option in a Grey Cup than a McGuire who has zero career passes. For a drop of 13 picks in the middle of the cfl draft a depth QB is a steal.

CFL draft isn't like NHL or NFL or even MLB. Its shallow and and not super important and more random. Basically our best pick outside first round in past 3 years is random Exume pick in 8th round last year. Dropping 13 picks in middle of it is meh.

This trade doesnt move the needle imo. We still live and die with Streveler. Well see. I have much more faith than most. We've outplayed our opponent in 13 of 15 games so far this year IMO. We've had 3 late break downs, one rookie starter Streveler choke. Otherwise this is certainly the CFLs #2 team behind Hamilton. The pessimism is overdone in this city.

Reactions: None

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Copp is a better QB than both, Copp was an All Michigan High School quarterback dontcha know?

I don't know if this was meant to be sarcastic, but I wouldn't doubt that Copp would be the better QB -if he was the best QB in Michigan at the high school level. It wouldn't take much to be better than Streveler--who really is not a quarterback -- but more of a fullback. I do strongly question the Bomber's scouting personnel at the QB position.

I think it's good that Bombers got Collaros -- but I didn't know about his concussion problems. If somehow he can stay healthy --we'd have a good chance with him -- "zero chance" with Streveler - IMO.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'd honestly be super shocked if we don't win this game by 20 points. And I've been saying that before the weather intervened. This is a super pissed off roster that will dominate a mediocre team. With no collapse. Add in the weather making passing tough...yeah 20 points at least. This game doesn't really move the needle in terms of standings (unless Bombers lose in which case #3 seed is assured) but I think we make a statement. Look at how the first 55 minutes of the game went in Montreal and I'd be shocked if we don't see more of that rather than the last 4 minutes fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad