OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
When I see Streveler take off from his 40 yard line , on 1st down, that tells me--we have trouble at quarterback. You won't win that way, in a throwing league. He should be looking downfield, and looking to develop his reads, where he's having trouble.

I understand the Bombers have acquired Collaros --and I'd like to see him play -- I hope they put him in. He's a pretty decent QB in my mind, if he can stay healthy.
344 total yards. I don't care how we got them.

Reactions: Ville The Kid

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Great post --and I totally agree. The Bombers have to call more of these mid range passes -- like in the 25 to 35 yard range. These 5-10 yard passes are not going to get you to far -- you have to be able to hit those mid range passes --and La Police has to have the confidence in Streveler to call those plays. So far today, he's been pretty good.

They have been obsessed with those short screen throws to Harris or Whitehead for a few years.

Its no surprise teams have figured them out, and Harris imo hasn’t been anywhere close to the same player prior to his “accidental” suspension.

The secondary sucks, but you need to put up points in this league and LaPo has been far too conservative overall imo.

Reactions: GNP

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’ll also say this, I’d have no issue moving on from Harris, Bighill and Nichols next year if possible.

Augustine is the real deal.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Harris has 124 rushing yards through 3.25 quarters. Absolutely no way do you move on from that.
The other guys - sure. Bighill isn't bringing much and Nichols is what he is

This is purely speculative of course, but I don’t buy the “accidental” doping thing from Harris.

This is a solid OL and he is likely to decline and not gracefully.

He’s not a spring chicken, and perhaps his magical renaissance after coming from the Lions was explained.

It’s a controversial idea I understand, but I’d be very open to moving on.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
They have been obsessed with those short screen throws to Harris or Whitehead for a few years.

Its no surprise teams have figured them out, and Harris imo hasn’t been anywhere close to the same player prior to his “accidental” suspension.

The secondary sucks, but you need to put up points in this league and LaPo has been far too conservative overall imo.
I don't know what happened since our O-line got "healthy" but the run block has sucked. Harris sees nothing but O-line arse as soon as the ball is in his hands.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don't know what happened since our O-line got "healthy" but the run block has sucked. Harris sees nothing but O-line arse as soon as the ball is in his hands.

It’s because even when this club does throw, 90% of the time the throws are within 5 yards anyway. He faces a lot of pressure because of that as well.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Demski.

A guy who for some reason has become a staple, and is essentially nothing but a warm body.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Quite obvious - Bomber's defense won this game for them. :nod:

With even the obvious secondary struggles, and Hall’s sit back approach - the defense has done exactly what you posted more times than naught for years.

GG today, but the need for a QB is ongoing. Year after year.

They have some weapons up front, but the defense and special teams will define the future for this season.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
344 total yards. I don't care how we got them.

I certainly care how we got those yards. When you play Calgary or another top team --if you can't make those mid range throws or deep ball throws -- you just won't win.

Those teams will suck up closer to the line of scrimmage, and wipe out the threat of Harris -- or Streveler for that matter.

Streveler was throwing pretty good today, except for that last interception interception at around mid field. That throw was way overthrown -- but the good news is that the rest of his throws were fairly accurate.

Bottom line here - Bomber's should be seriously shopping for 2 quarterbacks come next season, as Nichols is getting older, and very injury prone. Answer is Down south -- get our scouts down there --there are lot's of them. Personally I'm not sold on Streveler yet -- but he was decent today -- but lacks confidence on those mid range throws.

Reactions: Mbraunm

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

I certainly care how we got those yards. When you play Calgary or another top team --if you can't make those mid range throws or deep ball throws -- you just won't win.

Those teams will suck up closer to the line of scrimmage, and wipe out the threat of Harris -- or Streveler for that matter.

Streveler was throwing pretty good today, except for that last interception interception at around mid field. That throw was way overthrown -- but the good news is that the rest of his throws were fairly accurate.

Bottom line here - Bomber's should be seriously shopping for 2 quarterbacks come next season, as Nichols is getting older, and very injury prone. Answer is Down south -- get our scouts down there --there are lot's of them. Personally I'm not sold on Streveler yet -- but he was decent today -- but lacks confidence on those mid range throws.
412 yards. 26 first downs.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->