OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
2019 Bomber Schedule.JPG

Season Opens on Saturday. Can't wait to finally get it rolling.

Fyi this schedule is straight from Bombers website but it lists all times for games as the local time instead of Central time for some reason. So for example the season opener this year in BC is a 9pm start here in Winnipeg.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Preparing for disappointment again this year, but cautiously optimistic. We have a real good shot at winning it all this year.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Listened to Walby on 1290 yesterday and he's pretty pumped about the Bombers this season . Obviously he is going to be a bit of a homer but i like Walby , funny guy too .

Reactions: libertarian

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Thanks @bustamente I came to post that, you saved me the trouble.

Sucks to be without Matthew's game 1 but we should still get by BC. That is one of the shallower teams I've seen. The are an injury or two away from disaster.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Sucks to be without Matthew's game 1 but we should still get by BC. That is one of the shallower teams I've seen. The are an injury or two away from disaster.

BC's O-line is truly awful and they are blocking for a QB who is really hard to pass protect for. Reilly does not move the ball quickly. Really gambling on Lemar Durant being a legit CFL SB, a 2nd-3rd option behind Burnham. Carter has always been pretty inconsistent, 200 yards one week then 3 catches in the next month. Their other starting slot was playing for the Langley Rams last season. Davon Coleman is a monster but not much else on the D that frightens anyone.

They have an interesting coaching staff, very inexperienced, lots of recently retired players, so there's going to likely be some peaks and valleys.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

You're right about Mathew's, I'm ecstatic that he came back, but Whitehead has his chance and it will be interesting to see what he can do. I want to see Reilly run for his life on Saturday, I think our front 7 is very good, push up the middle guys that will hunt on the outside and Bighill as the ring leader, Wilson is a bit of an x factor we shall see, but I'm still a little concerned about our interior o line can they protect Nichols and open holes. A beat down of the Lions would be a great start to a very hopeful season.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
The starters gave Nichols time last week vs a Very good D in Sask.. Nichols wasn't touched. BCs D isnt as good as Sasks.. BC = Great O but no D kind of like Edmonton last year.

The Bombers don't have much if any holes in their lineup... Safety with Hecht is my only concern but im more comfortable with Hecht than the very overrated living on 3 hits in his rookie season Loffler .

None

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal looks very bad. 3 man rush from Edmonton and both ends got to Pipkin.

The interior all went for the nose tackle.

Edit: And Edmonton somehow manages to look worse.

Edit2: Awful tackle by Joseph on Pipkin, started with a facemask and then grabbed the collar of Pipkin for a borderline horsecollar.

Edit3: Edmonton needs to rein in their defense apparently.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Bombers have a shot this year, they at some point have to break this 29 year Grey Cupless streak..

Come on, it's only been a 28 year Grey Cup-less streak. We won't have a 29 year Grey Cup-less streak until this season is over.

Personally, now that we're this close, wouldn't it be great if the team was able to hit that 30 year mark of futility? I mean, how many CFL teams have been able to accomplish that? :laugh:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Come on, it's only been a 28 year Grey Cup-less streak. We won't have a 29 year Grey Cup-less streak until this season is over.

Personally, now that we're this close, wouldn't it be great if the team was able to hit that 30 year mark of futility? I mean, how many CFL teams have been able to accomplish that? :laugh:

In a damn 8-9 team league, good lord.
The futility is real...

I still have images of Jeff Reinbold on his motorcycle..

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Pretty good chance we lose the first game IMO. BC has Reilly and some dangerous veteran receivers, while we have a secondary that hasn’t played together much. And our new O-Line may take a few games to get going. And missing Neufeld and especially Matthews is HUGE.

If the pass rush is as good as it should be, and Nichols and the O play well enough, we should be able to win, but I’m not writing it down as a surefire victory ... this is the Bombers after all.

Edit: I know BC is a mostly new team with no depth, but they still have impact players. I’m not calling them world beaters, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat us, especially at home.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Riders did just that. It took them 56 years to win their first Grey Cup. Then another 23 to get their second. 19 more to get their 3rd.

And to be fair Bombers are 3rd in CFL in total Grey Cups. 10-4 over Sask.

Reactions: thereturn

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Simoni Lawrence should be suspended for the season. A diving head shot on a sliding QB? Nobody can convince me that wasn't an attempt to injure. The CFL has to be considered a f***ing bush league if it doesn't crack down hard on shit like this. They might as well start phasing out the QB position. Pretty soon nobody will want to play it.

Reactions: snowkiddin

None

Feb 22, 2012
Another late hit targeting the head of a vulnerable player in the third game of the season. Not on a QB but it was blatant.

Greenwood (Calgary) on Madu (Ottawa).

And the refs didn't call it right again.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Hopefully Nichols can shake the rust off during this drive, his first 4 throws have not been good. That first pass that Demski caught was so high with a clean passing lane.

Edit: The secondary is getting torched now.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
BB’s could use a QB like the RodBlacks of Ottawa have in Davis.......oh wait didn’t he play for the BB’s!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille