Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Why would the rebuilding Ducks be trading away 23 year old Kase signed to a cheap deal for the next 2 seasons?

Or 26 year old Rakell and 27 year old Manson?

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Avs would be the team adding the plus...

Hench, you had indicated a preference to moving Jost to 3C instead of trading him. A couple of questions. If that occurred then how do you think the Avs would handle a logjam there given Bowers impending promotion? Also, how do you see Jost and Kaut playing together? Kaut looked beastly in some of the preseason games and I wonder if Jost is a good match up there in terms of skating.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Why would the rebuilding Ducks be trading away 23 year old Kase signed to a cheap deal for the next 2 seasons?

Or 26 year old Rakell and 27 year old Manson?

Not sure why the Ducks would trade Kase, but I remember hearing him as recently as potentially being available.

I think it would be smart if them to trade Rakell and Manson. Both are very good (but not elite) players in their prime and signed to team friendly deals for next 3 years. Ducks aren’t competing during that window, so they’re far better off trading those guys while their values are at their highest.

Reactions: Richard88

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We know the Pens aren’t trading Crosby, but years of subpar management and low draft positions looks to have caught up to them.

So, if hell froze over and Crosby was available, what would you give? Would 2 1sts, Jost and Byram be fair/too much/too little? Don’t want to give up Byram but you do for Crosby and also Timmins’ emergence allows you to do it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hench, you had indicated a preference to moving Jost to 3C instead of trading him. A couple of questions. If that occurred then how do you think the Avs would handle a logjam there given Bowers impending promotion? Also, how do you see Jost and Kaut playing together? Kaut looked beastly in some of the preseason games and I wonder if Jost is a good match up there in terms of skating.

I'm more of a proponent of a player having to earn their role and time. It isn't realistic and it doesn't always happen (I think we can all see Jost has been given some preferential treatment with regards to role each season), but I really don't have an issue with Bowers having to earn his spot. Even if that means a dealy. Now I think Bowers' skill set will have him in the NHL sooner rather than later as his speed, defensive ability and tenacity will lead to the Avs finding a way to have him in the lineup.

With Kaut, I think Kaut will be one of those players that can pretty much mesh with anybody and have it work. He plays a sound game where he does all the little things well and makes those around him better. The downside of Kaut and Jost together is you have two players who are not the fleetest of foot and not really the most skilled either. You're kinda putting them in a position to be a checking line that plays real solid defense, but doesn't have much offensive punch. I think if you want the most out of Kaut, you need him to be a 3rd wheel that does the little things for a line next to two more skilled players. If we had a legit 2nd line wing in the form of a Drouin, then Kaut on the RW next to Drouin and Kadri would probably be a great combo. You get your skill and speed from the other parts of the line, while Kaut can do all the little things to clean up after their aggressiveness.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
We know the Pens aren’t trading Crosby, but years of subpar management and low draft positions looks to have caught up to them.

So, if hell froze over and Crosby was available, what would you give? Would 2 1sts, Jost and Byram be fair/too much/too little? Don’t want to give up Byram but you do for Crosby and also Timmins’ emergence allows you to do it.

It's not enough

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I'm more of a proponent of a player having to earn their role and time. It isn't realistic and it doesn't always happen (I think we can all see Jost has been given some preferential treatment with regards to role each season), but I really don't have an issue with Bowers having to earn his spot. Even if that means a dealy. Now I think Bowers' skill set will have him in the NHL sooner rather than later as his speed, defensive ability and tenacity will lead to the Avs finding a way to have him in the lineup.

With Kaut, I think Kaut will be one of those players that can pretty much mesh with anybody and have it work. He plays a sound game where he does all the little things well and makes those around him better. The downside of Kaut and Jost together is you have two players who are not the fleetest of foot and not really the most skilled either. You're kinda putting them in a position to be a checking line that plays real solid defense, but doesn't have much offensive punch. I think if you want the most out of Kaut, you need him to be a 3rd wheel that does the little things for a line next to two more skilled players. If we had a legit 2nd line wing in the form of a Drouin, then Kaut on the RW next to Drouin and Kadri would probably be a great combo. You get your skill and speed from the other parts of the line, while Kaut can do all the little things to clean up after their aggressiveness.

Much appreciated for the response. Agree with your assessment of Jost and Kaut lacking an offensive punch. That was my concern with those two on the third line.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
All in for Hall this deadline. Top of my wish list.
Drouin for Jost and Kaut.
Hoffman in the off-season. Two of these three with kadri and we smoke the sharks. Kind of worried what Vegas does to or defense though.

Also, kamenev all day over Jost for me

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
All in for Hall this deadline. Top of my wish list.
Drouin for Jost and Kaut.
Hoffman in the off-season. Two of these three with kadri and we smoke the sharks. Kind of worried what Vegas does to or defense though.

Also, kamenev all day over Jost for me

I'm not really a big fan of Jost, but he's proven way more at the NHL level than Kamenev has. So I find this to be a rather odd opinion.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I wouldn't move high end pieces like Kaut, Timmins, 1st round picks for Drouin lol. A player like Hall sure, but not another middling winger.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I'm not really a big fan of Jost, but he's proven way more at the NHL level than Kamenev has. So I find this to be a rather odd opinion.

And given 100% more opportunity. Jost really didn't prove anything to earn the time he's gotten. Idk, not saying Kam is better than Jost by any stretch but this is a bit of a reach for me.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
My own interest in Drouin is because of his friendship and potential on-ice chemistry with Mackinnon. That's all I care about. As a player he's totally uninspiring and disliked around Montreal.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My own interest in Drouin is because of his friendship and potential on-ice chemistry with Mackinnon. That's all I care about. As a player he's totally uninspiring and disliked around Montreal.

For me its because hes signed for a few more years at a reasonable cap hit, and produces at a top six rate consistently.

Kadri also likes to shoot the puck. So a playmaking winger makes some sense.

Mack being a leader on this team, and less of a pressure market is just gravy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Bad coach for his style and bad fit under the spotlights of Montreal. He was very good in game 1.

Even on a off year when everything went wrong he was still a 53 pts player. With a proper top 6 center he's a 70 pts winger.

The only danger here was not buying low on him while you could.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nah. he used to be slow and weak and be invisible, now he's avg in both but still has the hockey sense to make the right plays and be in the right place. I think he'll put up 40+ points this season.

I don't see the skating/strength improvement. Every year people talk about how he has improved and every year I just don't see it... He's a good kid, he works hard, and he's a good story to cheer for, but the hope springs eternal schtick is getting near expiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad