Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If Landeskog gets re-signed at $8.5M+/year because of him producing with MacKinnon and Rantanen for a few years now, it won't be a great contract but I think he's going to be a good player until he's 33-34 at least. He's a solid two way player and very conscientious in how he approaches the game. He's toned down his physical recklessness and now he doesn't even play on the PK, which may add to durability.

In general any third contract for a good player isn't going to be great value. They expect to be paid and someone around the league will give them that money.

True. How often you get the best value for third contract? Maybe some defenseman but certainly not forwards. Forwards peak earlier.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I have major doubts about signing Landeskog to a juicy long term deal. He will be great for the next two years. However, all the extensions years could be going to a player past his prime and on the decline. It's a tough situation for Sakic especially with MacKinnon, Makar, Byram etc needing to be re-signed within a few years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have major doubts about signing Landeskog to a juicy long term deal. He will be great for the next two years. However, all the extensions years could be going to a player past his prime and on the decline. It's a tough situation for Sakic especially with MacKinnon, Makar, Byram etc needing to be re-signed within a few years.

Landy knows he won't be as good as next deal, so I'm sure he'll take a paycut unprompted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad