Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We need to trade Barrie guys.

in real news:

f***.
I mean it’s alk we can do. We weren’t going to go four years. I was really hoping for a 1-2 year AAV overpayment deal but he wanted some security I’m sure.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I would have done 2 years 11M. That offer would have left him 5M short but would have 2 additional free years to make it up.

I’m guessing Sakic wants to give the opportunity to the kids which is fine. Gardiner’s a damn good defenseman though.

Byram is going to get every opportunity to make the team.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

science-sarcasm-Professor-Frink-Comic-Book-Guy-631.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So who trades for Faulk now?
We could really use a right hander.

I doubt Sakic trades any assets right now though. Let camp play out. Give all the internal guys a chance to make our team. See how the season begins. Then in November if we think an improvement is necessary we can kick tires.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@cgf I get the idea that big defenders have been thought to take a while, but Pronger broke out in his 22 year old season. He was elite by his 23. EJ was very solid his first two seasons in the league, he stumbled a bit in his 3rd and Pietrangelo had made him expendable. He had flashed and was a legit top 4D, but the questions were there. His peak was certainly his 25/26 seasons, but has fallen off since. At 24, odds are very high this is just who Z is.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Heard about this disappointing forward in Washington and a #7 defenseman in Phoenix that we should target instead.
Nah we can let Kuznetsov and OEL stay where they are. DOnt want to disrupt that locker room chemistry. I hear Blind Carl, Connauton and Burakovsky are a real tight clique.

Reactions: BrickNHL

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@cgf I get the idea that big defenders have been thought to take a while, but Pronger broke out in his 22 year old season. He was elite by his 23. EJ was very solid his first two seasons in the league, he stumbled a bit in his 3rd and Pietrangelo had made him expendable. He had flashed and was a legit top 4D, but the questions were there. His peak was certainly his 25/26 seasons, but has fallen off since. At 24, odds are very high this is just who Z is.

Oh I don't disagree. Just giving myself that one little ray of "well maybe..." as a huge fan of his. I have zero expectation of that actually happening.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Canes' left side is now Slavin, Gardiner, Fleury, Bean and Forsling (who they just acquired from Chicago).
Right side is Hamilton, Faulk, Pesce, TVR

Probably do or die years for Bean and Fleury...so Gardiner is bad news for them.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Canes' left side is now Slavin, Gardiner, Fleury, Bean and Forsling (who they just acquired from Chicago).
Right side is Hamilton, Faulk, Pesce, TVR

Probably do or die years for Bean and Fleury...so Gardiner is bad news for them.
Pretty sure every player you just mentioned was penciled into at least one Leafs fan’s projected roster this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->