Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You can't be slow and weak on the puck. That's such a horrible mix for Jost.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
But at least Jost isn't a p***y like Bura. Dude needs testosterone shots.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So I've been told - not that it really matters, but I'll still share it - that Kamenev is not happy that Avs basically gave away his number to Kadri. He supposedly wears it as he idolises Fedorov and angry at the Avs (not that I think he has any power anyway).
ImpressionableRecklessIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I wouldn’t trade Byram, Newhook, or Timmins from our top prospects, but what type of forward would a package of...

Jost + Kaut/Bowers + 2019 1st

...be able to get us?

Let’s assume the 1st is in the 24-31 range, so it’s pretty much two, “middle 6 potential” forwards and a late 1st.

Kaut probably with more value than Bowers, but I’m okay with moving one or the other. Jost just needs to go before he has even less value. Call it selling low or whatever, but you must be high to believe there would ever be a ‘selling high’ scenario.

I just want to get Kadri and Donskoi a quality winger. JTC and two of Wilson/Nieto/Bura/Calvy/Nuke can be on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Hornstar

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, there's the pending UFAs, some of whom might become available later in the year:

Hall
Hoffman
Kreider
Granlund
Galchenyuk
Toffoli
Coyle

It's not a very deep group. I'd say there's next to no chance Granlund, Galchenyuk, or Coyle get moved, since those are contending clubs. Hall might very well become available if the Devils struggle and he doesn't want to sign. Kreider and Hoffman (aside from his apparent character issues?) would be excellent fits on paper on the second line. I don't really care for Toffoli, not sure he's much of an upgrade, he'd likely be the buy-low option you hope finds 25 goal form again.

There sadly aren't too many teams that look like they might blow it all up.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I wouldn’t trade Byram, Newhook, or Timmins from our top prospects, but what type of forward would a package of...

...be able to get us?

Let’s assume the 1st is in the 24-31 range, so it’s pretty much two, “middle 6 potential” forwards and a late 1st.

Kaut probably with more value than Bowers, but I’m okay with moving one or the other. Jost just needs to go before he has even less value. Call it selling low or whatever, but you must be high to believe there would ever be a ‘selling high’ scenario.

I just want to get Kadri and Donskoi a quality winger. JTC and two of Wilson/Nieto/Bura/Calvy/Nuke can be on the 3rd line.

If we were to move a 1st and Bowers/Kaut for an expiring contract it would have to be someone like Taylor Hall. Not just a good player, but a great one.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

...be able to get us?

I think Bowers is worth more to us than his value on the market.

Kaut + 2020 1st + an NHL player is the kind of package you can use to land a "struggling" top 6er with term like Rakell or Drouin. Gotta do it early in the season though.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It makes no sense to trade Jost right now. If he's traded it needs to be for a legit top 6 winger, and teams are very unlikely to make that kind of deal in October.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think we're all a little more invested in Jost since we drafted him.

Some people just want to move on, and others are still attached to the idea of giving him more time.

Personally hes not filling the role we need him to. So if hes part of a package to bring that player in I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Hornstar

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Bowers is worth more to us that his value on the market.

Kaut + 2020 1st + an NHL player is the kind of package you can use to land a "struggling" top 6er with term like Rakell or Drouin. Gotta do it early in the season though.

What value to us though? We have better options for the 3C role both now and potentially in the future.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What value to us though? We have better options for the 3C role both now and potentially in the future.

By "us" I mean "Sakic & Bednar". They like him a lot and I don't think his trade value is that good. Hence he's worth more to us.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
By "us" I mean "Sakic & Bednar". They like him a lot and I don't think his trade value is that good. Hence he's worth more to us.

Got ya

How long will that last if even they end up having to admit that Jost doesn't cut it as a top 6er for us? I'm fine with keeping Jost around as a longterm 3C, but are "we"?

Yeah I just can't see the patience lasting much longer though.

Reactions: Pokecheque

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I think we're all a little more invested in Jost since we drafted him.

Some people just want to move on, and others are still attached to the idea of giving him more time.

Personally hes not filling the role we need him to. So if hes part of a package to bring that player in I'm fine with it.

My issue with Jost is that right now he's in no man's land.

He's a worse bottom-6 center than both Compher and Bellemare; he's a worse bottom-6 winger than Calvert and Nieto. That forces him into a top-6 role, which frankly, I'd rather see Colin Wilson in.

Last year I was content with Jost starting in a top-6 role because the Avalanche didn't have Stanley Cup aspirations. The same can't be said for this year's group.

I don't think they need to move him right this second, but if he doesn't find some form of scoring touch over the course of the season, Sakic needs to find someone who can.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Sakic seems to like him a lot. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
I think sakic doesn't want egg on his face and admitting to drafting a top ten bust. I honestly don't see Jost lasting through this year on the Avs. Jimothy is ten times the player Jost is and would mesh well with kadri. It'll happen

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
I think sakic doesn't want egg on his face and admitting to drafting a top ten bust. I honestly don't see Jost lasting through this year on the Avs. Jimothy is ten times the player Jost is and would mesh well with kadri. It'll happen
Let's not forget Jimothy is 3 years older

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Landeskog gets re-signed at $8.5M+/year because of him producing with MacKinnon and Rantanen for a few years now, it won't be a great contract but I think he's going to be a good player until he's 33-34 at least. He's a solid two way player and very conscientious in how he approaches the game. He's toned down his physical recklessness and now he doesn't even play on the PK, which may add to durability.

In general any third contract for a good player isn't going to be great value. They expect to be paid and someone around the league will give them that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad