Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 5.1 | Pre-Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I honestly think Habs fans overrating of Price is by far the craziest player evaluation I've seen in an incredibly long time.

His contract is legitimately one of the worst in the league. Overr 10M for a goalie well past his prime and signed for 6 more years. It's actually laughable how bad a deal it is.

And meanwhile you have Habs fans who really do think they could get Byram + 1st ++ for him.

So out of touch with reality it's incredible.

They would be lucky to get more than a 1st round pick. The contract is such a huge deal in a potential trade.

It might be a little different if he was the Price of old.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
For a guy who is mostly a 30ish/40ish point scorer and on an expiring contract that isn't exactly on a cheap contract, I think this a great trade for LA.

And I don't think it's that great of a move for a team that's still trying to build a contending team. Value-wise it's fine, but really bad timing in terms of when I'd expect to see the peak performances from the young core.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I guess
Not even close man. Not close.
I guess your opinion of Madden is pretty high, mine isn't pretty average prospect imo.

Plus we wouldn't have had to give as good a prospect, if we had started with Jost since his value would have been higher than that of Schaller.

I stand by my original proposal of Jost, Ranta, 2nd as fairly on par.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For a guy who is mostly a 30ish/40ish point scorer and on an expiring contract that isn't exactly on a cheap contract, I think this a great trade for LA.

And I don't think it's that great of a move for a team that's still trying to build a contending team. Value-wise it's fine, but really bad timing in terms of when I'd expect to see the peak performances from the young core.
Vancouver better re-sign him otherwise it's a big loss. They now have no 1st, no 2nd in the upcoming draft and they just traded their 3rd best prospect.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I still think if the Avs put their 1st on the table they can get Pageau without adding anything else of significance in the deal.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

humbury8

Jul 1, 2019
I hope Sakic will stay away from this madness. We are good, maybe not Stanley Cup good right now (with key players out) but we are still there amongst the top teams. I wouldn't trade Foote + 1st for Coleman and I wouldn't trade Madden + 2nd for Toffoli. What price will it be for Pageau or Kreider? Not worth it. Maybe sign someone in the offseason or make some trade during the draft. It'd be awesome to get some great player now but you don't throw away your future for one run. I'd say we are at the very beginning of our journey to the cup. We are contenders for a first year, we don't have any reason to be desperate. That's why I don't get Benning. Canucks are still in rebuild mode and way behind Avalanche in the process. They already don't have two first rounds picks in the 2020 draft and maybe they won't even make the playoff with Preds and Jets coming strong.

Reactions: jaems

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Vancouver better re-sign him otherwise it's a big loss. They now have no 1st, no 2nd in the upcoming draft and they just traded their 3rd best prospect.

The added condition for re-signing (4th) is pretty light which makes it seems like they don't really predict Toffoli on re-signing.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Don’t think they’ll need to use their 1st.

They might have to in order to outbid other teams though.

In the JGP sweepstakes we're likely at a disadvantage by not having a 2nd round pick. Since it sounds like most teams aren't offering up a 1st, they're likely offering a 2nd+ or a conditional 2nd that could turn into a 1st sort of deal.

For the Avs to beat out everyone else they may have to make it a 1st. Either that or perhaps a conditional 2021 pick that could turn into a 1st.

Reactions: tucker3434

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont really get the Canucks making a move like this.

They're a good little team and could make the playoffs, but does anybody really think that group is good enough to beat us, or Dallas, or St. Louis in a 7 game series? Hell I dont even think they could beat Vegas in 7 games.

And they obviously knew about the Boeser/Ferland injuries before the trade, with the potential for Boeser to also be done for the season by the sounds of it.

I dont see Toffoli coming close to moving the needle for them and they paid a hefty price to make the deal. They remind me a tonne of the Avs from 2 years ago after our debacle 2016/17 season. And I would have been livid if we made a trade like this in that spot.

Reactions: humbury8

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
I hope Sakic will stay away from this madness. We are good, maybe not Stanley Cup good right now (with key players out) but we are still there amongst the top teams. I wouldn't trade Foote + 1st for Coleman and I wouldn't trade Madden + 2nd for Toffoli. What price will it be for Pageau or Kreider? Not worth it. Maybe sign someone in the offseason or make some trade during the draft. It'd be awesome to get some great player now but you don't throw away your future for one run. I'd say we are at the very beginning of our journey to the cup. We are contenders for a first year, we don't have any reason to be desperate. That's why I don't get Benning. Canucks are still in rebuild mode and way behind Avalanche in the process. They already don't have two first rounds picks in the 2020 draft and maybe they won't even make the playoff with Preds and Jets coming strong.

Total agreement with you.

Lightning trading for Coleman makes sense given how old some of their top players are. He also comes at a really cheap price, perfect for contending teams which tend to be up against the cap ceiling. They have an excellent team from top to bottom.

Avs still have too many question marks for me to believe that paying the premium for JGP/Kreider is somehow going to make the difference between a Cup and not a Cup.

Reactions: humbury8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad