Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 5.1 | Pre-Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I wouldn’t feel comfortable giving up a lot for the goaltenders available.

There is so little consistency with that position. If Grubauer is our long term obviously they’ll need to get somebody, but I’d prefer a cheaper option.
They probably trade for a 2/3 type who can comfortably slide down to the AHL when everyone is healthy, and take a bit of the starter load off of Francouz in the NHL without hurting the team. But I don't think they're looking to go for a big goalie fish, especially long term like Price.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I really think that Lundquist could be the answer here. I think it would be a long shot for him to leave NY, however, I could see him wanting to chase a cup for the next two years for this team. I don't think the cost would be astronomical because the Rangers would prefer to continue with the current tandem without Hank. I do also think that he would be an upgrade to Gru, would help with the playoff run this year and a tandem of Grubauer and Lundquist next year would be solid and give the Avs time to season Annunen.

Yeah I've thought Lundqvist could be a good option for a couple months now, since we lost Grubauer and Franc earlier in the year.

If he's willing to leave NY, then he'd be cheap to acquire since he's got a full NMC, and it would be a Bourque situation where they were trying to send him somewhere so he can win a Cup. He's also only got one year left, so he shouldn't impact the Avs cap.

They'd basically go with a 3 headed monster this year, and ride whoever gets hot. Then either do the same next year, or walk from Francouz at the end of the year, and bring in another good #2/3.

The risk is they'd potentially be downgrading the tandem next year if Francouz walks, but they'll have decent depth this year in case of further injuries, and will have some time to resolve the backup situation next year if it's a problem.

Since the off season, the biggest concern has been the goaltending, and what kind of #3 Sakic brought in to compensate for it. He didn't bring in very good #3's before the season, and now since injuries have shown to be an issue multiple times to both, Joe has to address it at the deadline when the team has shown they can win the Cup this year.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
At some point Tampa is going to have to trade 1 or 2 of Johnson, Killorn, or Palat just to have some cap space. Johnson definitely seems like the odd man out, as he's now on the 4th line with Coleman coming in.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Trade deadline day will be the most boring trade deadline day ever, everyone will get traded before and there was no big name to begin with...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Strickland is saying a high draft pick, prospect and a roster player for Toffoli. Seems like a lot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Toffoli should give us a better understanding of the rental market. Then again, another one being off the board could mean a bigger return for someone like Pageau.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Benning likes to overpay. Interested to see who the roster player is; my guess is Virtanen.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Thank goodness Sakic didn't go for Toffoli. Decent player and I'm sure he's a good guy, but I can't think of anyone else on the rental market that would fit in with our team identity worse than him.

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m guessing Sutter going the other way as the roster player? I’m sure they aren’t taking Eriksson lol. Unless that drives up the value for LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad