Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 5.1 | Pre-Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Hopefully we don't go wild and trade any of the top prospects or a 1st for a rental.

Byram and Newhook should be the only untouchables.

If our 1st and Timmins gets a top 9 forward with term we do it.

If Annunen and a pick gets a proven goalie with term you do it if Grubauer is out long term.

Kamanev, Jost, Bowers and Kaut could be used to get a forward with term.

And we still have young guns like Ranta and Beaucage at forward and Hellison on the back end.

Our system is loaded. We can add a few players with term to make a run and help next year without depleting the system.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Well if Rantanen is out now for a while Sakic needs to get off his butt, unload some of the dozens of prospects we have, use that damn cap space and get Kreider in here now!

And that should just be the beginning. We will be lucky to be a wild card team with all these injuries.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I don't mind spending assets on a rental but I'd prefer it if it was a rental where we at least have a good shot at re-signing. I'm not overly on board with a pure rental where it's pretty much known he's leaving in the summer 100%

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I’m starting to think this may not be the year, no top tier rental and prices seem insane. It’s a sellers market this year, not great for the Avs
This year is not our year, realistically we need a top four on defense, a third line center and another top-6 winger. There's no way we get all three at the trade deadline but we can at least make some progress towards that goal with one move. I see the top-4 defensive spot as Byram so really we should be focusing on adding the forwards but not a rental.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sakic needs to go get some help for this team. GMs and media talk about owing it to the players to not sell when they're close to a playoff spot. Well, I think Sakic owes it to the players to try and improve the team in this scenario as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sakic needs to go get some help for this team. GMs and media talk about owing it to the players to not sell when they're close to a playoff spot. Well, I think Sakic owes it to the players to try and improve the team in this scenario as well.

Too many holes now. He's not going to get a starting goalie, a middle 6 center, a top 4 RDH and a top 6 wing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Too many holes now. He's not going to get a starting goalie, a middle 6 center, a top 4 RDH and a top 6 wing.

No one is asking him to get everything and fill every hole. Center should still be the top priority but I'd settle for wing.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
851258685.gif

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just ride out the season. The way this injuries have been all year for this team, whoever Sakic trades for will probably break a bone and be done for the season. No point in paying high prices for rentals

Reactions: Frenchy

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Go get JGP and Kreider Joe. When Kadri and Rants come back for the playoffs we'll be stacked and everyone will be happy.
They'll be super rusty and we don't even know if they'll be ready to start the playoffs.

Seeing the price for rentals these days, we might as well ride this season out and wait on draft floor to gear up for next year. Again.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We’ll be fine. Remember last year Mikko was injured and came back in time for playoffs. He was phenomenal.

I don’t think we can go another game with JTC as our 2C though. We can fill in winger holes with whoever is hot as we go but that centre role has no internal candidate to fill.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They'll be super rusty and we don't even know if they'll be ready to start the playoffs.

Seeing the price for rentals these days, we might as well ride out this season and wait on draft floor to gear up for next year. Again.
Injuries will happen every year. If we sit this year and something worse happens (Like Mack going down) next year we'll be pissed we didn't go for it this year. It's defiantly a gamble which ever route we take and while I'd rather live in the now, I also get being patient. Damn injuries will make my hair go grey.:(

Reactions: kchan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille