Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Hard to realize just how stacked our prospect pool is going to be until you write it all down. Say we end up with pick #5 (Drysdale), #6 (Perfetti) and #13 (Mercer) in the first round this is what we're looking at:

Jamie Drysdale; 2020 5th overall
Cole Perfetti; 2020 6th overall
Dawson Mercer; 2020 13th overall
Lassi Thomson; 2019 19th overall
Shane Pinto; 2019 32nd overall
Jacob Bernard-Docker; 2018 26st overall
Erik Brannstrom; 2017 15th overall
Josh Norris; 2017 19th overall
Alex Formenton; 2017 47th overall
Drake Batherson; 2017 121st overall
Logan Brown; 2016 11th overall

These are all A to B+ level prospects. Add in Tkachuk and our 4(?) 2nd round picks in 2020. Pretty incredible.

Reactions: NB613

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Hard to realize just how stacked our prospect pool is going to be until you write it all down. Say we end up with pick #5 (Drysdale), #6 (Perfetti) and #13 (Mercer) in the first round this is what we're looking at:

Jamie Drysdale; 2020 5th overall
Cole Perfetti; 2020 6th overall

Dawson Mercer; 2020 13th overall
Lassi Thomson; 2019 19th overall
Shane Pinto; 2019 32nd overall
Jacob Bernard-Docker; 2018 26st overall
Erik Brannstrom; 2017 15th overall
Josh Norris; 2017 19th overall
Alex Formenton; 2017 47th overall
Drake Batherson; 2017 121st overall
Logan Brown; 2016 11th overall

These are all A to B+ level prospects. Add in Tkachuk and our 4(?) 2nd round picks in 2020. Pretty incredible.

Im going to probably hit something if thats what we walk away with at the draft, just saying. Especially if Drysdale is our first pick, nothing against him in particular, I just really want to see us take 2 forwards this year. Two top forwards, not the leftovers.

Just saying...

if we dont get at least one of the game breakers up front (Laf,Byf, Stutz, Rayman are those guys imo), and end up with Perfetti or Rossi as our top forward from this draft, Im going to be a very angry and an emotionally devastated man child that day. Just one is all I need.

Landing QB55 (my cub brother) would galvanize my choice that I made back in 97 (when Mario retired - 12yr old me needed to pick a new team that I could actually watch, (ie a Canadian one) to be a Sens fan and give up the Pens for life, despite Mario coming back 3 years later.

Truthfully I feel like I made the wrong choice so many times....the 00s were particularly painful, and the leafs and those loses taught me humility. Eugene Melnyk drove me off the edge and back during my mothers passing...Ive ate so much crap from everyone I converse hockey with up here (a man alone on an island most nights). But they were always #1 in my heart, and always will be. I chose them (as a fan from outside the Ottawa area), and Im still happy Im here on this rollercoaster of a ride that is being a Sens fan.

So in light of my heightened emotional state and the importance of this lottery, Ive asked the GF to make other plans on Friday night, ya know, just in case...She likes to antagonize me and basks in my misery as a Sens fan (the valley girls in Sudbury are famously known for being totally bat shit crazy/habs fans), because I dont like playing with with fire and putting myself in bad situations if I can avoid it.

Im doing the mature thing and kicking her out of my life for a night while I drink rum and facetime with my cousin out west and watch the draft lotto together.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Im going to probably hit something if thats what we walk away with at the draft, just saying. Especially if Drysdale is our first pick, nothing against him in particular, I just really want to see us take 2 forwards this year. Two top forwards, not the leftovers.

Just saying...

if we dont get at least one of the game breakers up front (Laf,Byf, Stutz, Rayman are those guys imo), and end up with Perfetti or Rossi as our top forward from this draft, Im going to be a very angry and an emotionally devastated man child that day. Just one is all I need.

Landing QB55 (my cub brother) would galvanize my choice that I made back in 97 (when Mario retired - 12yr old me needed to pick a new team that I could actually watch, (ie a Canadian one) to be a Sens fan and give up the Pens for life, despite Mario coming back 3 years later.

Truthfully I feel like I made the wrong choice so many times....the 00s were particularly painful, and the leafs and those loses taught me humility. Eugene Melnyk drove me off the edge and back during my mothers passing...Ive ate so much crap from everyone I converse hockey with up here (a man alone on an island most nights). But they were always #1 in my heart, and always will be. I chose them (as a fan from outside the Ottawa area), and Im still happy Im here on this rollercoaster of a ride that is being a Sens fan.

So in light of my heightened emotional state and the importance of this lottery, Ive asked the GF to make other plans on Friday night, ya know, just in case...She likes to antagonize me and basks in my misery as a Sens fan (the valley girls in Sudbury are famously known for being totally bat shit crazy/habs fans), because I dont like playing with with fire and putting myself in bad situations if I can avoid it.

Im doing the mature thing and kicking her out of my life for a night while I drink rum and facetime with my cousin out west and watch the draft lotto together.

This was a roller coaster of a post. My condolences on your mother’s passing, brother.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This was a roller coaster of a post. My condolences on your mother’s passing, brother.

Thanks bro, appreciate it. It will be 1 year to the day on June 28th that she passed, and I would like to think that shes going to be there with us on lotto night and will be nudging some of those lottery balls in our direction.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Our prospect pool after the draft (without NYI's 1st and #33):

Byfield/Stutzle
Raymond/Drysdale
Erik Brannstrom
Drake Batherson
Josh Norris
Logan Brown
Shane Pinto
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Alex Formenton​

Add that to Tkachuk, Chabot and White. Guys, if this team is managed well, at some point, we're winning the cup.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau

Byfield/Stutzle
Raymond/Drysdale
Erik Brannstrom
Drake Batherson
Josh Norris
Logan Brown
Shane Pinto
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Alex Formenton​

Add that to Tkachuk, Chabot and White. Guys, if this team is managed well, at some point, we're winning the cup.

EA NHL 2023 is looking really spicy right now

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I dunno I think brown is done in Ottawa with us getting Byfield/Stutzle and Norris' development, and White likely holding down that third line spot.

just cuz i miss making mock lines, heres what the future might look like.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - XXXX
XXXX - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - White - C.Brown

Chabot - Thomson
Brannstrom - Jacob Bernard Docker
XXXX - XXXX

XXXX's can be filled with
5th Overall 2020
Shane Pinto
Filip Chlapik
Vitaly Abramov
Christian Wolanin
Christian Jaros
etc...

for the first time since we traded away our franchis defencemen I am excited about the future of the senators minus eugene melynk

Last edited:

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
I dunno I think brown is done in Ottawa with us getting Byfield/Stutzle and Norris' development, and White likely holding down that third line spot.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - XXXX

Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom - Thomson
Able bodied veteran
- Jaros

5th Overall 2020

Highlighted some of the modifications I'd make.

Pinto is likely looking at C.Brown's 3rd line spot. Looks like 3-4 good prospects taking a crack at that spot. Hopefully they can get one good swing.

Have to be looking at moving:

Logan Brown
Christian Wolanin
Filip Chlapik
Vitaly Abramov

Worth maybe holding onto Wolanin with injuries being a part of life. Either way, there will be prospects and current NHLers to move to make space for the top draft picks.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Tkachuk - Stutzle - XXXX

Chabot - Thomson
Brannstrom - Jacob Bernard Docker
XXXX - XXXX

5th Overall 2020
Shane Pinto
Filip Chlapik
Vitaly Abramov
Christian Wolanin
Christian Jaros
etc...

for the first time since we traded away our franchis defencemen I am excited about the future of the senators minus eugene melynk
Brown could be better than all of those guys. What basis is there for giving up on him now?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Highlighted some of the modifications I'd make.

Pinto is likely looking at C.Brown's 3rd line spot. Looks like 3-4 good prospects taking a crack at that spot. Hopefully they can get one good swing.

Have to be looking at moving:

Logan Brown
Christian Wolanin
Filip Chlapik
Vitaly Abramov

Worth maybe holding onto Wolanin with injuries being a part of life. Either way, there will be prospects and current NHLers to move to make space for the top draft picks.
Brannstrom hasn't shown he can outplay Wolanin. I would move the 5'9 D that has foot speed issues first

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How so? I would agree that his skating isn't on the level that you generally see from an elite player of his size but I think he's quite agile, far from slow, and will continue to improve as he gets stronger
Just his straight line speed and power .. He has great edges and can pivot great .. move side to side.. but he will not blow by anyone when he is trying to rush the puck..or get back after a ozone turnover.. He has to adjust his game from u20 to pick his spots more and move the puck vs carry it. He was able to be more dynamic vs Juniors and dominate more..because his foot speed allowed it.. in the NHL and in the AHL he's had to and has to adjust because its just not good enough to do things he wanted to do. He'd get squeezed off because he couldn't win the foot races. Can he get faster/ more powerful/explosive .. some yes. He may have worked on that in the off season.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Byfield/Stutzle
Raymond/Drysdale
Erik Brannstrom
Drake Batherson
Josh Norris
Logan Brown
Shane Pinto
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Alex Formenton​

show me the goalie before you say winning a Cup

Reactions: derriko and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brannstrom's lack of size, strength & skating issues are exactly the reason I think we can replace him in this draft. Sanderson would make him expendable & IMO we should use him to acquire another 1st rd pick.

Maybe we don't need an elite goalie, but goalie issues in the playoffs has plagued this team in the past when the regular season goalies we had melted down in the playoffs where it counts the most. Having an elite goalie will always help you win games, but not having one we have to hope that the goalie we have goes on a run at playoff time. Much better to have one you & the team can depend on than one nobody is sure about or can't win big games.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
show me the goalie before you say winning a Cup

Joey Honda Accord to the rescue baby!

Count on it, he will be our#1 goalie a year from now.

Ya'll are sleeping on him. He had the 2nd best SV% in the AHL among rookies. He will dominate this season coming up while getting some call ups due to injuries from Nilsson, and the season after, he will steal Hogberg's spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad