Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The reason it's pathetic is it's the same as two seasons ago. He has shown no offensive improvement.

Top 15 NHL draft pick should be top 10 in scoring in the OHL.

How many points do you expect him to get ? 200 ? 12 in 8 is a 1.5 point pace which would result in 102 points if he played all 68 games. Thats about the same pace that Nick Suzuki played at last year who was also a #13 pick and has instantly become a a good NHL player for the Habs in his first pro season.

You're talking out of your ass here. Dellandrea is as good as he's supposed to be as a 10-15 pick .

Last season when his season was over because Flint was dogshit he instantly became solid contributor and rotation players for Texas at the end of the season.

He looks like a very solid pick at #13 that year. Don't see anyone we really should've 100% picked over him not even Veleno who really struggled to begin the season in the AHL for the Griffons.

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
How many points do you expect him to get ? 200 ? 12 in 8 is a 1.5 point pace which would result in 102 points if he played all 68 games. Thats about the same pace that Nick Suzuki played at last year who was also a #13 pick and has instantly become a a good NHL player for the Habs in his first pro season.

You're talking out of your ass here. Dellandrea is as good as he's supposed to be as a 10-15 pick .

Last season when his season was over because Flint was dog**** he instantly became solid contributor and rotation players for Texas at the end of the season.

He looks like a very solid pick at #13 that year. Don't see anyone we really should've 100% picked over him not even Veleno who really struggled to begin the season in the AHL for the Griffons.
he produced at a 20p pace over a 76 game ahl season, or another way barely in the top 100 for rookie scorers last year.
Joe could pick up 3p tomorrow and have produced the same as "solid" Dellandrea in 5 less games.

Bit early to say someone is struggling especially juxtaposed to someone describe as "solid contributor" who really wasn't

serp

Jan 17, 2016
he produced at a 20p pace over a 76 game ahl season, or another way barely in the top 100 for rookie scorers last year.
Joe could pick up 3p tomorrow and have produced the same as "solid" Dellandrea in 5 less games.

Bit early to say someone is struggling especially juxtaposed to someone describe as "solid contributor" who really wasn't

Considering he played a ton of PK and was pretty good at it was well yeah he was. . Also 3 points in 11 games on an ATO after a full OHL year is pretty good . Better prospects struggled in those kind of situations. He instantly became a trusted rotation player .

He came in and didn't look out of place at all at 18 years old. Thats pretty good.

Anyway thats not the point . Dellandrea has been very good so far and to expect more than a 1.5 pace on a team that isn't very good offensively as a whole would be completely unreasonable.

Not to mention Dellandrea does more than just score.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean, if you want a whipping boy, is Tufte getting token ice time in the AHL?

At this point the best case for Tufte is probably a good checking line winger . Think thats how Laxdall also deploys hin in the AHL . Not much offensive upside.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not sure where to put this, but a nice article on the Stars Euro Scouting Dept.

Run by Kari Taako (pronounced "Taco") He was once traded for Bruce Bell, and they called it the Taco Bell trade, LOL.

Of more relevance, since he was promoted to head Euro scout in 2009 10 years ago, Stars have drafted 23 Euros and 9 played for them. In the same period, they have drafted 47 NA prospects, and only 10 made the big club, so statistically, the Stars drafting in Europe matches the eye test.

May be behind a pay wall, but here is the link.

Kari Takko was a Minnesota North Stars goaltender. He's now...

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Takko was one of my fav players when I was young, basically because of his name. Loved the Casey/Takko combo. And don't forget the other legendary North Stars Finnish goalie legend - Jarmo Myllys.

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
What's up with Albin? 0+2 in 10 games? I see he's hurt and he's been invited to the U20 but damn that's a pretty brutal start. Never go full Tufte. :sarcasm:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stats from last night:

Harley - 1 goal (that's 6 goals in 9 games now, and he has yet to be held pointless in a game)

Damiani - 1 goal, 1 assist

Dellandrea - 1 goal, 1 assist

Porco - no points

Reactions: Blindsummit

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Harley a beast.

Lindell - Klingberg
Harley - Heiskanen

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yikes when I checked the score in Harley's game his team was winning 2-1. Now I check and they've lose the game 10-3....Harley finished as a +1 tho

Dellandrea and Damiani were held pointless tonight

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Yikes when I checked the score in Harley's game his team was winning 2-1. Now I check and they've lose the game 10-3....Harley finished as a +1 tho

Dellandrea and Damiani were held pointless tonight

Guess that Harley needs to get traded to a better OHL team maybe... not like he'll stay in the OHL for long.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just realized Harley had 11 goals in 68 games last year and already has 7 goals in 10 games this season.

Believe his shot was something he needed to improve on when he was drafted so it appears he is headed in the right direction there

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Several of our prospects on the Texas Stars are having really slow/rough starts to the season offensively.

Riley Tufte - 9 games, no points

Tye Felhaber - 9 games, 1 assist

Joel Kiviranta - 9 games, 3 points (1 goal)

Adam Mascherin - 9 games, 3 assists

Pretty sure most of these guys though are being used in bottom 6 roles, especially Tufte and Felhaber, who was stapled to the 4th line last I saw.

Luckily Robertson has had a solid start though with a couple of goals and 5 points in 9 games.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Harley officially held pointless today for the first time this season. 3rd straight day with a game too. Steelheads got shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad