Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Prospect Stats tonight:

Harley - 1 goal

Dellandrea - 1 assist

Damiani - 2 assists

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Harley just the night before was also great in the OHL-Russia game . He had a game high 6 shots on goal with multiple great chances . Just didn't score .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bfantz

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
It's nice to know that even though we have struggled at developing anything more than a bottom pairing defenceman, we likely are set for our top 4 D for the future as long as Harley pans out. All our draft picks too.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stats:

Douglas with 2 goals last night, and 1 goal and 1 assist tonight

Damiani - 1 goal, 1 assist

Dellandrea with 1 assist yesterday

Harley was held pointless. His teams awful offense is starting to catch up with him. 4 goals and no assists in his last 7 games and now sits at 19 points in 15 games. It's good to see him shooting the puck a lot and scoring some goals though. We know he can pass the puck well but his shot was something he needed to work on. Helps that he doesn't really have anyone to pass to

Porco with 1 goal, 1 assist yesterday

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Albin Eriksson is getting loaned to a team in Sweden's 2nd league for a month for more playing time

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What kindve season would Curtis Douglas need to have to get signed?

I think with Douglas it comes down to if he can improve his skating enough that its acceptable for the pro-level . He looked sooo slow in traverse and pre-season.

Think pre-injury Hanzal ish.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Better than Liam Hawels 37 goals and 41 assists.

I don't think points by themselves are the determining factors. Douglas is clearly never going to be a good scorer in the NHL but a big physical grinder . He needs to show he has the tools for his role. Similar to say Gardner. Gardner has never shown much of a scoring touch but that doesn't matter all that much for someone who has the upside of a fourth maybe at best third line Center in the NHL .

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
I think with Douglas it comes down to if he can improve his skating enough that its acceptable for the pro-level . He looked sooo slow in traverse and pre-season.

Think pre-injury Hanzal ish.
I almost see him getting a contract for sure if he has a good season. Not many 6’9 forwards

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't think points by themselves are the determining factors. Douglas is clearly never going to be a good scorer in the NHL but a big physical grinder . He needs to show he has the tools for his role. Similar to say Gardner. Gardner has never shown much of a scoring touch but that doesn't matter all that much for someone who has the upside of a fourth maybe at best third line Center in the NHL .

Gardner was a defensive beast with great faceoff skills, Douglas is a whale with no strong attributes and doesn't excel in any area other than being big as f***.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I almost see him getting a contract for sure if he has a good season. Not many 6’9 forwards

I mean its a novelty and all but the size by ittself shouldn't mean anything . If his skating isn't goo enough for the pros he'd be just a 6'9 pylon.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gardner was a defensive beast with great faceoff skills, Douglas is a whale with no strong attributes and doesn't excel in any area other than being big as ****.

Like i said . Douglas needs to show he can play a role where he doesn't just dominate because he is so much bigger than everybody else . Just be a decent scorer at around PPG in the OHL won't be enough because he sure as hell won't be that in the NHL or the AHL .

If he can't make strides in the regard he's not getting an ELC .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I doubt he needs to do much. We only had four picks in 2019 and another four picks this season. We also have until July 1, 2022 to sign Back and Eriksson. We’ll likely let a bunch of guys walk this off season opening up spots (Janmark, Perry, Melnick, Calderone, and Mersch). For forwards we are only adding Damiani and Dellandra to the 50 spot limit. If he’s still a point per game we will likely sign him and try to turn him into a bottom sixer.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
OHL stats last night:

Douglas - 1 goal, 3 assists

Harley - 1 goal (his 10th of the season - his team finally lit up the score sheet with 6 goals, little surprising he only had 1 point)

Dellandrea - 1 goal

Damiani - 1 assist

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
OHL stats last night:

Harley - 1 goal (his 10th of the season - his team finally lit up the score sheet with 6 goals, little surprising he only had 1 point)

Dellandrea - 1 goal

Damiani - 1 assist
Elite

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
OHL stats last night:

Dellandrea - 1 goal

Damiani - 1 assist

HFboards: Should we sign Douglas?

Douglas: Hold my beer.

Reactions: serp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad