Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Exactly. Maybe ship out some guys at the deadline too. And gives some young guys some NHL time. If Brown does make the team, I just want him to play beside Brady. He needs that high energy guy to keep him engaged in the play. That's when he's at his best. Still not sure I see a 1C though. We could have 3 or 4 pretty good U25 middle 6 C's in Brown, White, Norris and Tierney. We really need Byfield next year. Or trade up this year to get a hopeful 1C. Newhook would be my target.
Paul-brown-Batherson were dominating in the ahl. They’ll all be up so a possibility.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We should run a Fourth line of:
Smith-Spezza-Ryan (this could be called the 2014 line, it would be the most expensive 4th in the league)

Then have a top 9 something like this:

Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair-Pageau-Veronneau
Balcers-Tierney-Boedker (If Formenton, Abramov, Brown, Paul or Chlapik make the team, Boedker is gone)
Perfect plan. Great time to get something else done every time the old line jumps on for a shift.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Add Batherson, Brown, Paul, Balcers

Tkachuk-Brown-Duclair
Balcers-White-Ryan
Paul-Tierney-Batherson
Smith-Pageau-Veronneau

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Add Batherson, Brown, Paul, Balcers

Tkachuk-Brown-Duclair
Paul-White-Batherson
Balcers-Tierney-Pageau
Gibbons-Smith-Veronneau

Brännström on defence? I ceirtainly think he is ready and could be as good as Chabot soon

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Brännström on defence? I ceirtainly think he is ready and could be as good as Chabot soon
I hear he like playing the right side. I hope DJ try him at right. Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Jaros
Lajoie Brannstrom

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I hear he like playing the right side. I hope DJ try him at right. Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Jaros
Lajoie Brannstrom
Lajoie should probably spend some time in belleville. Brannstrom possibly too
Add ceci and harpur

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Lajoie should probably spend some time in belleville. Brannstrom possibly too
Add ceci and harpur

Sens apparently see Brannstrom as NHL ready. There's also been reports that Harpur is done with the Senators and they will try to trade him.

I'd expect something like....

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Ceci
Brannstrom-Jaros/Borowiecki-Brannstrom

With Boro in the lineup, Brannstrom could play on his off side. I'm not sold on the idea of Brannstrom playing his offside full time because I think there is probably a different dynamic with a player playing their offside on international ice where there is so much more room and North American ice where it makes it much easier for other teams to forecheck. Granted, I don't know if he was used on his offside while playing for the Wolves, so maybe he has had success there. I'd be skeptical that it would be a good long term choice in the NHL.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Wolanin Jaros
Lajoie Brannstrom
That defense looks decent for the future at least. I am not a Senators fan, but Sens fans really deserve success after years of failure, as do my Rangers. Do you think Ceci will sign somewhere else?

I am Swedish and watched Brännström quite a bit during his time at HV71 and at the last 2 World Juniors, in which he played on the right side next to Dahlin in 2018 and on the left side next to Westerlund in 2019. He is equally comfortable on both sides, I would say, and very versatile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
That defense looks decent for the future at least. I am not a Senators fan, but Sens fans really deserve success after years of failure, as do my Rangers. Do you think Ceci will sign somewhere else?

I am Swedish and watched Brunnström quite a bit during his time at HV71 and at the last 2 World Juniors, in which he played on the right side next to Dahlin in 2018 and on the left side next to Westerlund in 2019. He is equally comfortable on both sides, I would say, and very versatile.
Ok good Yeah I think Dorion deal him at the draft

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sadly, Tierny was the highest scoring centre for Ott that is still here with 48 pts & IMO I think he will be the top line centre to start the yr next season. Next season should be a very fluid season with lots of changes & lots of movement between Ottawa & Belleville. Boedker believe it or not had 35 pts last yr & should be able to provide some kind of offensive help until they move him at the deadline. They may promote a few guys from Belleville or sign a UFA or two but this is how I think they will line up next season. I expect that most of the UFAs next yr will be moved leading up to the trade deadline. They probably want a lineup next season that lands them in a lottery situation & will look at some of their older prospects to promote or move out should they not fit their future plans like Hogberg, Paul, Rodewald & Englund.

Balcers - Tierny - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Duclair - Pageau - Boedker
Paul - Smith - Rodewald

Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Jaros
Boro - Harpur/Lajoie

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg

Reactions: Cosmix

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Tried to make a "team I think the team will ice vs the team I hope the team will ice" post and I literally ran out of guys trying to come up with the 2nd option. It's crazy how bad this team's depth is considering the lack of top end talent.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Free agency should be pretty fun this year compared to most for Ottawa. Gotta think we overpay a few guys to come play. The projected line up as of now is looking like it could be an AHL team.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Free agency should be pretty fun this year compared to most for Ottawa. Gotta think we overpay a few guys to come play. The projected line up as of now is looking like it could be an AHL team.

You'd think so, but Dorion already kinda squashed that hope in his presser.

I mean, we could see Spezza come back or one of Gibbons/Lindberg brought back. That doesn't really move the needle unfortunately.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This article was on the main board, looks like 2020 will be deep.

Early 2020 Draft Class Viewing

Yup, not new information. 2020 is gonna be really deep. Prime time for us to have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. Including possibility for 2 more (1st round pick if duchene re-signs, 2nd round pick if EK re-signs).

There's potentially 3 first overall calibre players available in the same draft (Lafreniere, Lundel, Byfield).

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
It was mentioned in the same breath as we have lots of picks and prospects.
It doesn’t really matter, he should not say they will be active / sign people because if they didn’t sign anyone after making the statement then they’d be criticized

Under promise, over deliver

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It doesn’t really matter, he should not say they will be active / sign people because if they didn’t sign anyone after making the statement then they’d be criticized

Under promise, over deliver

Yeah, i don't see much benefit in sayong he would be active at UFA. I'd only be targetting guys that could act as mentors.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I doubt the Senators sign any good UFA players this year. If they do sign any UFAs it would probably be downward trending over 30 years old players wanting a retirement contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad