Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Brannstrom starts the yr in Belleville because at the moment anyway Ottawa doesn't have room for him until they move at least one defenceman. Until a defenceman is traded between now & the trade deadline I think Brannstrom remains in Belleville unless he gets an injury callup.

Chabot - is going to play in Ottawa all yr
Ceci - if re-signed is going to play in Ott all yr
Boro - is a UFA but is going to play in Ott unless or until he is traded
DeMello - is a UFA but is going to play in Ott unless or until he is traded
Jaros - is going to play in Ott all yr IMO
Harpur - is on a one way contract & would have to go through waivers to be sent to Belleville & they would lose him for nothing. Because of that he should also be in Ott unless or until he is traded.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Would like to see:

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Formenton-Pageau-Duclair
Balcers-Tierney-Davidsson
Smith-Brown-UFA/Gibbons

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Brannstrom
Borowiecki

Trade Boedker somehow (waste of space)

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Brannstrom starts the yr in Belleville because at the moment anyway Ottawa doesn't have room for him until they move at least one defenceman. Until a defenceman is traded between now & the trade deadline I think Brannstrom remains in Belleville unless he gets an injury callup.

Chabot - is going to play in Ottawa all yr
Ceci - if re-signed is going to play in Ott all yr
Boro - is a UFA but is going to play in Ott unless or until he is traded
DeMello - is a UFA but is going to play in Ott unless or until he is traded
Jaros - is going to play in Ott all yr IMO
Harpur - is on a one way contract & would have to go through waivers to be sent to Belleville & they would lose him for nothing. Because of that he should also be in Ott unless or until he is traded.

They are almost certainly going to start the year with 7 D. Brannstrom sticking with the big club has more to do with Wolanin and Lajoie than Harpur or Boro. One of Wolanin, Lajoie, or Brannstrom will start the year with the big club, that is, unless someone gets traded or hurt.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What I would like to see if they are actually commited to the rebuild.

Tkachuk Pageau Ryan
Boedker Tierney Duclair
UFA/reclamation project White Balcers
Paul Smith UFA/project

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Jaros
Harpur Ceci
Boro

Anderson
Nilson

At the deadline start flipping the players that are moveable/arent in the long term plans or are on one year deals. (Anderson, Boedker, Demelo, Duclair, Boro, Ceci, Smith, Harpur and whatever UFA'S they sign) Then start integrating the youth into the lineup at the end of the season.

Brown, Batherson, Norris, Formenton, Chlapik, Abramov, Davidson, Veronneau, Lajoie and Brannstrom should all start in the AHL playing big minutes in important scoring roles. A positive winning environment is crucial for their development. Only if they absolutely dominate and show they are too good for the league should they come up at this point.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They are almost certainly going to start the year with 7 D. Brannstrom sticking with the big club has more to do with Wolanin and Lajoie than Harpur or Boro. One of Wolanin, Lajoie, or Brannstrom will start the year with the big club, that is, unless someone gets traded or hurt.

Good point, I forgot about Wolanin & he's the guy I think also starts in Ott since he has the experience from last season. I think they are going to give a number of the older prospects a good look this yr while they decide what to do with them & whether they are in their future plans or not. If not, I assume they will start moving them out if they can for picks or other prospects.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What I would like to see if they are actually commited to the rebuild.

Tkachuk Pageau Ryan
Boedker Tierney Duclair
UFA/reclamation project White Balcers
UFA/project Smith UFA/project

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Jaros
Harpur Ceci
Boro

Anderson
Nilson

At the deadline start flipping the players that are moveable/arent in the long term plans or are on one year deals. (Anderson, Boedker, Demelo, Duclair, Boro, Ceci, Smith, Harpur and whatever UFA'S they sign) Then start integrating the youth into the lineup at the end of the season.

Brown, Batherson, Norris, Formenton, Chlapik, Abramov, Veronneau, Lajoie and Brannstrom should all start in the AHL playing big minutes in important scoring roles. A positive winning environment is crucial for their development. Only if they absolutely dominate and show they are too good for the league should they come up at this point.
Yeah I like that. Except....I’m not sure paul-Brown-Batherson have anything left to prove or learn in the ahl. I would probably insert those guys.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah I like that. Except....I’m not sure paul-Brown-Batherson have anything left to prove or learn in the ahl. I would probably insert those guys.
I forgot about Paul he will be with the big team. Brown has LOTS to prove he went goal less for 17 straight games down the stretch. He needs to prove he can be a consistent pro. Batherson struggled at the end too. There is nothing that can go wrong by playing them in the AHL there is lots that can go wrong by rushing them.

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I forgot about Paul he will be with the big team. Brown has LOTS to prove he went goal less for 17 straight games down the stretch. He needs to prove he can be a consistent pro. Batherson struggled at the end too. There is nothing that can go wrong by playing them in the AHL there is lots that can go wrong by rushing them.
That’s true they did go cold at the end. Not sure why that happened. Maybe they could use half a season down there.

Reactions: Cosmix

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Would like to see:

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Formenton-Pageau-Duclair
Balcers-Tierney-Davidsson
Smith-Brown-UFA/Gibbons

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Brannstrom
Borowiecki

Trade Boedker somehow (waste of space)

I just cant picture a scenario that Formenton, Balcers, Davidsson, and Brown ALL make the team before Batherson does. Wont happen.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Will make the team during the season, not from the start Norris, Batherson, Brown, Abramov. Balcers and Davidson are a ? Would not be surprised, if actually Abramov and Norris will make the team from the training camp.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Assuming they're done for the summer other than re-signing their RFA's:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Duclair-Brown-Batherson
Ennis-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-Tierney-Balcers
Boedker

Chabot-DeMelo
Brannstrom-Hainsey
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Borowiecki
Jaros

Anderson
Nilsson

LTIR: Gaborik, MacArthur
Buried: Condon
Buyout: Phaneuf

Estimated cap: 64M
Estimated salary: 52M

Reactions: Frank8

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Assuming they're done for the summer other than re-signing their RFA's:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Duclair-Brown-Batherson
Ennis-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-Tierney-Balcers
Boedker

Chabot-DeMelo
Brannstrom-Hainsey
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Borowiecki
Jaros

Anderson
Nilsson

LTIR: Gaborik, MacArthur
Buried: Condon
Buyout: Phaneuf

Estimated cap: 64M
Estimated salary: 52M

I think Ennis will be 4C, Tierney bumps up to 2C and Boedker goes to 3LW. L. Brown will likely start in the AHL, along with 1 or 2 for Bran, Wolanin and Jaros. Don't want the kids watching from the press box.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
I think Ennis will be 4C, Tierney bumps up to 2C and Boedker goes to 3LW. L. Brown will likely start in the AHL, along with 1 or 2 for Bran, Wolanin and Jaros. Don't want the kids watching from the press box.

I think Ennis is exclusively a winger these days, but I'll be honest - I don't really understand the signing. He seems far less versatile and useful than Oscar Lindberg. I know DJ Smith wanted him but it seems like there were so many better options for a depth forward.

Boedker is useless. Perfect press box guy for the Sens, due to his inflated cap hit and slightly lower salary.

With the way Brannstrom is being hyped I think he has to play himself off the team. Wolanin could go back to Belleville, we'll know what the plan is for him based on whether he gets a one-way or two-way deal. Not sure what to do with Jaros, other than I don't see him back in Belleville.

I can't figure out what exactly Tierney is or what role he's suited to playing, so I just buried him on the 4th line.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So with Chabot, Borowiecki, Hainsey, DeMelo, Zaitsev and ?? Alsing? as the Sens D, the Belleville corps should be quite strong. At the deadline the Sens D can all be flipped (minus Chabot of course).

Let Brannstrom, Wolanin, Thomson, LaJoie, Jaros Et al learn to dominate in the AHL as a team.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Will make the team during the season, not from the start Norris, Batherson, Brown, Abramov. Balcers and Davidson are a ? Would not be surprised, if actually Abramov and Norris will make the team from the training camp.

Given the additions and trades made today, are you sticking with these predictions?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Tkachuk-Tierny-Ryan
Duclair-White-Boedker
C. Brown-Pageau-Veronneau
Paul-Smith-XXXX

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Hainsey
Boro-Demelo

I'd rather send Balcers to the AHL and let him develop there than put him on the 4th line.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Can someone project a Belleville roster?

Paul-Szwarz-Davidsson
Formenton-Norris-Veronneau
Carcone-Chlapik-Abramov
Klimchuk-Kelly-Rodewald
Labate
Beaudin

Lajoie-Goloubef
Englund-Ebert
Alsing-Murray

Hogberg
Gustavsson
Condon

ECHL: Daccord

Not sure if Davidsson will play in the AHL this year or return to Sweden. There was also talk of Alsing wanting to be loaned back to Sweden as well, so they may not have either of those guys available to them.

I'd expect them to add another defenseman.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Paul-Szwarz-Davidsson
Carcone-Chlapik-Abramov
Klimchuk-Kelly-Rodewald
Labate
Beaudin

Lajoie-Goloubef
Englund-Ebert
Alsing-Murray

Hogberg
Gustavsson
Condon

Not sure if Davidsson will play in the AHL this year or return to Sweden. There was also talk of Alsing wanting to be loaned back to Sweden as well, so they may not have either of those guys available to them.

Thank you!! Is this a team that could potentially contend for the Calder cup?

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Paul-Szwarz-Davidsson
Carcone-Chlapik-Abramov
Klimchuk-Kelly-Rodewald
Labate
Beaudin

Lajoie-Goloubef
Englund-Ebert
Alsing-Murray

Hogberg
Gustavsson
Condon

1 or 2 of brannstrom/Jaros/wolanin will be sent down too unless they make another move or plan on carrying 8 defenseman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad