2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
it was 3 goals on 8 shots, the first one was on Primeau, should of had it imo, I didn't see the other 2.

The team was playing their 1st 3 in 3 days of the season with the last game being about 17 hours apart from the end of Saturday's game to the start of Sunday's so they may have just been gassed or not fully awake yet. I only saw parts of the 1st and 2nd and they didn't look good for sure.

Ouch, thanks schedulers! Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: montreal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's not a good reason anyway. Athletes need rest. Three games in three nights are dangerous for their own health.
It was a lot worse before IIRC. Isn't this almost the only time this season for Laval? They play almost all their games on a wednesday/Saturday/Sunday schedule.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hey all, hope all is well

I'll be attending my first AHL game in laval vs the marlies. Should hopefully be a great first experience.

Who are some players I should keep an eye on, and why so?

Cheers!

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

I'll be attending my first AHL game in laval vs the marlies. Should hopefully be a great first experience.

Cheers!
Karl Alzner.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Cheers!

Jake Evans, Lukas Vejdemo, among the forwards.

Josh Brook among the D.

Reactions: Taluss

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
When they're going on the road they take their fly from Mirabel. Instead of Dorval. That's good for their preparation and stuffs like that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They usually go by bus, no?

As @ahmedou said, Laval has a partnership with Nolinor. So when they go play far, they fly there. I think they take it when they go to Winnipeg, Charlotte, and Cleveland. This year, they went to Milwaukee in Wisconsin and Rockford in Illinois, so I wouldn't be surprised if they flew there, too.

dqw6kgwu8aa88up-jpg-large.jpeg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
looks like we'll get a top line of Peca Varone Barber with Hudon paired with Evans as Cox is day to day so not sure what they will do there, perhaps put Vejdemo at RW.

On defense they should be rotating Folin and Alzner since we are at 6 for the veteran rule so here's how things break down as the rule is,

you have to have 12 skaters (goalies don't count) that have played less then 260 pro games (ECHL doesn't count, neither does playoff games or Euro league games while junior age and only games count from the start of the season so not counted are games played this season) You get one player that is exempt if he's played between 260 and 320 games. That leaves 5 vets.

So it breaks down as follows,

under 260 games so 12 of these players have to be dressed each game- Alain, Barber, Brook, Cox, Dauphin, Jevpalovs, Larmarche, Leskinen, Lynch, McEneny, Olofsson, Pelletier, Pezzetta, Vejdemo, Waked

exempt so 1 player can be used from this group- Hudon, Peca, Folin, Veilleux

vet over 320 - every player from the exempt group minus 1 of them, the rest would count as vets. So say Hudon is the exempt, then Peca, Folin, Veilleux, Alzner, Varone, Ouellet so one player from this group will have to sit each night.

Folin and Alzner make the most sense unless Veilleux starts to cool off. Once they get Weise back that means 2 players have to sit or a trade will have to be made.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Still can't believe Evans didn't get one call up on the big team with all the injuries. The kid deserves a few games with the Habs before the season is done, if only as a reward for his hard work.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#18/01/20(Game41:Rocket3-0Moose)

Vejdemo(1A+1)/Evans(+1)/Hudon(1G+1)
Peca(1A+1)/Varone(+1)/Barber(1G+1)
Alain(1A+1)/Dauphin(1)/Jevpalovs(1G+1)
Pezzetta/Lynch

Alzner(+1)/Folin(1A+1)
Olofsson(+1)/Ouellet(+1)
Leskinen/McEneny(+1)
Brook

Primeau(17/17)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hudon scored alot of his goals with one timer from the right circle on the PP, never seen the ice on the PP when we were desperately needing a shooter from that spot with the big team!!
He can do it at the AHL level but he's proven he can't at the NHL level.

Wouldn't be the first

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
He can do it at the AHL level but he's proven he can't at the NHL level.

Wouldn't be the first

He would have to be used in that spot at the NHL in order to know if he can do it or not

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Anyone concerned about Brook?
I know he's only 20, still too early, but he's the one in our farm team I have big hopes for. He isn't having a good season and was almost a healthy scratch last game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone concerned about Brook?
I know he's only 20, still too early, but he's the one in our farm team I have big hopes for. He isn't having a good season and was almost a healthy scratch last game.

when Fleury was a healthy scratch last year no one said a word, but yes I'm very worried about Brook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad