2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know in the past Hudon has played on the point on the PP but I really like him on the right side half boards for the one timers as he's been crushing it there. Maybe put Varone or Barber on the point.

Just need the Habs to start getting some bodies back so we can add Vejdemo, Peca, Weise to the lineup so one of our teams makes the playoffs for a change.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Pelletier got the green light to return to action. Laval sent him to Maine for a conditioning stint where he'll play Friday and Saturday. And then he will rejoin Laval I'm Bridgeport on Sunday.

Edit: Laval makes the official announcement:

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Good news.

With Varone returning, and Barber being sent down, and now Vejdemo being sent down, Laval will finally start to look more like a complete line-up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
nice, just in time as Friday is a big 2 pts. Getting Vejdemo and Varone added to the roster should boost the offense and I'm assuming Dauphin will be in the lineup on Friday as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Marcotte is saying he thinks we will see on Friday,

Hudon Evans Dauphin
Veilleux Varone Barber
Alain Vejdemo Cox
Jevpalovs Lynch Cuddemi

But that maybe Varone doesn't play all 3 games this weekend which maybe Pezzetta or Mitchell or Waked gets a game.

Once you get Peca, Weise, Sturtz, Pelletier back as well things are going to get very crowded.

I'd try

Varone Evans Barber
Hudon Dauphin Veilleux
Alain Vejdemo Cuddemi
Jevpalovs Lynch Cox

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Utica beat Belleville 3-2 in regulation tonight. And Binghamton beat Rochester 4-3 in the shootout.

- Utica is in 2nd place with 46 pts (4 more than Laval) and they both have the same amount of games played.

- Belleville remains in 4th place wth 43 pts (1 pt up on Laval) and they only have 1 game in hand now.

- Rochester remains in 1st place with 47 pts (5 up on Laval). They still hold 2 games in hand.

- Toronto is in 3rd place with 43 pts (1 up on Laval). They also hold 2 games in hand.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would be nice if KK, Suzuki, Poehling, and Fleury gets send down at the end of the season if Laval makes the playoffs, but I don't see KK or Suzuki going since both never played in the ahl

But if they all went, then damn

Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki
Poehling - Evans - Barber
Verone - Vejdemo - Peca
Weise/Veilleux - Dauphin - Alain

Ouellet- Fleury
Leskinen - Juulsen/Folin
Alzner - Brook

Primeau
Kinkaid/Lindgren

Maybe even Caufield

Reactions: Doxinoctae

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
Would be nice if KK, Suzuki, Poehling, and Fleury gets send down at the end of the season if Laval makes the playoffs, but I don't see KK or Suzuki going since both never played in the ahl

But if they all went, then damn

Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki
Poehling - Evans - Barber
Verone - Vejdemo - Peca
Weise/Veilleux - Dauphin - Alain

Ouellet- Fleury
Leskinen - Juulsen/Folin
Alzner - Brook

Primeau
Kinkaid/Lindgren

Maybe even Caufield
6 other habs defeats and there is my Laval Line up with habs :

MTL

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Kovalchuk Domi Armia
Drouin Weal Cousins
Byron Thompson Lehkonen
Weise, Peca

Chiarot Weber
Scandella Petry
Kulak Folin
Alzner

Price
Kinkaid

-------------------------------------
LAVAL

Poehling Kotkaniemi Caufield
Hudon Evans Suzuki
Vejdemo Varone Barber/Belzile
Veilleux - Dauphin - Alain

Mete Fleury
Ouellet Juulsen
Leskinen Brooks
Olofsson

Primeau
McNiven
Lindgren

Is that a good line up for a real calder cup push ???

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
6 other habs defeats and there is my Laval Line up with habs :

MTL

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Kovalchuk Domi Armia
Drouin Weal Cousins
Byron Thompson Lehkonen
Weise, Peca

Chiarot Weber
Scandella Petry
Kulak Folin
Alzner

Price
Kinkaid

-------------------------------------
LAVAL

Poehling Kotkaniemi Caufield
Hudon Evans Suzuki
Vejdemo Varone Barber/Belzile
Veilleux - Dauphin - Alain

Mete Fleury
Ouellet Juulsen
Leskinen Brooks
Olofsson

Primeau
McNiven
Lindgren

Is that a good line up for a real calder cup push ???
. What Does Suzuki will learn to play with and against grinders? Same for Mete,fleury, KK...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Makes you appreciate the work that goes into being the broadcaster. And more that Marcotte is wearing multiple hats this year doing it all on his own.

why is that, money I guess? I listen to him about half the time as I can't understand a lot of what he says but he clearly does a great job. I'll listen to the other teams unless I can't stand them for being homers so then I'll just listen to the French.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
why is that, money I guess? I listen to him about half the time as I can't understand a lot of what he says but he clearly does a great job. I'll listen to the other teams unless I can't stand them for being homers so then I'll just listen to the French.

Maybe it is budgetary because it's obviously cheaper to pay for one person travelling than two. But Doucet is still with the station and covers more of the Habs now. The two of them were a good team. But even solo, Marcotte does a real good job.

For myself, when I'm in the car and I'm listening to the game, the enthusiasm and detail to his play-by-play really helps me envision the game.

When the games are on RDS, I sometimes still watch it on AHL TV because I prefer to listen to Marcotte's description than Leroux's, although I do enjoy Bruno Gervais.

Reactions: Fenris and montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Utica beat Belleville 3-2 in regulation tonight. And Binghamton beat Rochester 4-3 in the shootout.

- Utica is in 2nd place with 46 pts (4 more than Laval) and they both have the same amount of games played.

- Belleville remains in 4th place wth 43 pts (1 pt up on Laval) and they only have 1 game in hand now.

- Rochester remains in 1st place with 47 pts (5 up on Laval). They still hold 2 games in hand.

- Toronto is in 3rd place with 43 pts (1 up on Laval). They also hold 2 games in hand.

was just looking at the standings. So now that we had a week off, every team in our division is either one, two or zero games in hand. We site 5th in win % but the sens are right there and have only 4 wins in their last 10 while the marlies are right there as well with just 3 wins in their last 10. now we have only 5 but are finally starting to get healthy. If the Habs can just stay healthy, get some bodies back, Laval should make the playoffs, no excuses as while I don't know if they can catch rochester for 1st, I'd like to see them get home ice in the playoffs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
was just looking at the standings. So now that we had a week off, every team in our division is either one, two or zero games in hand. We site 5th in win % but the sens are right there and have only 4 wins in their last 10 while the marlies are right there as well with just 3 wins in their last 10. now we have only 5 but are finally starting to get healthy. If the Habs can just stay healthy, get some bodies back, Laval should make the playoffs, no excuses as while I don't know if they can catch rochester for 1st, I'd like to see them get home ice in the playoffs.

I actually did the exercise the other day and by the end of the month, almost all of the teams in the division will have played the same amount of games. There would be some that might have a game or two in hand, and Laval will have a game in hand on Utica, I believe.

It wouldn't be multiple teams having 3 or 4 or even 5 games in hand. So as long as Laval continues down the trend they're on now, if anything, they'll stay within the hunt.

And as you say, now that slowly, slowly, the return of injured players will strengthen the team. And I agree, getting Drouin, Armia, and Byron back will force them to send some guys down to Laval. Peca will return, Poehling may end up sent back down as Weise possibly, too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I actually did the exercise the other day and by the end of the month, almost all of the teams in the division will have played the same amount of games. There would be some that might have a game or two in hand, and Laval will have a game in hand on Utica, I believe.

It wouldn't be multiple teams having 3 or 4 or even 5 games in hand. So as long as Laval continues down the trend they're on now, if anything, they'll stay within the hunt.

And as you say, now that slowly, slowly, the return of injured players will strengthen the team. And I agree, getting Drouin, Armia, and Byron back will force them to send some guys down to Laval. Peca will return, Poehling may end up sent back down as Weise possibly, too.

The trade deadline will be the next big thing for Laval, depending on what direction MB takes (that's not a discussion for this thread though) but just means we have to keep in mind Laval could get f***ed a little but very likely won't be as bad as last year when he traded away Froese, Chaput leaving us with Evans and Belzile. Clearly this team is much deeper, which is why we need to make the playoffs, which is why I want us to get home ice as I want us to go far. Would be funny if we faced McCarron's team in the finals since they are the top team in the AHL currently but of course that's getting way ahead of our self as they need to make them first and then we'll see how they stack up if they do

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
They've an application where they're writing notes and saving sequences of play. Coaches using it very well. Every week, they practice some actions to be done in games. There's a ranking in % given to the players subsequently. It creates competitiveness between the group and the willingness about amelioration.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Josh Brook sitting for Christian Folin. Love this move. Once Bouchard rehabs Folin and helps him achieve his potential he will be an integral part of our cup run this year.

Go Habs go!!!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm fine with it if Brook sits one game of the 3. But I said in the Folin waivers thread I had hoped he would get picked as I worried it would in fact be Brook sitting. The funny part is Folin was not very good in Laval but likely because of sitting for so long. Tonight is a big game that they badly need the 2 pts

What I would do since it's a 3 in 3 is have Alzner sit on Saturday, move Ouellet back to LD for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad