2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Yes. He's been extremely bland this year.

Kid has a couple of years still, but it wouldn't be prudent to project him as a top pairing defenceman.

Brook gonna need another season or two before reaching NHL... if he ever does. And Fleury should still be in Laval this season despite his dynamism.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Brook gonna need another season or two before reaching NHL... if he ever does. And Fleury should still be in Laval this season despite his dynamism.

Fleury and Mete were both rushed.

Brook will probably end up in the NHL the instant he has a six or seven good-game streak.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#19/01/20(Game42:Rocket1-5Moose)

Vejdemo(-2)/Evans(-2)/Hudon(-2)
Peca/Varone(1A-1)/Barber
Alain(-2)/Dauphin(-2)/Jevpalovs(-1)
Pezzetta/Lynch

Olofsson(-2)/Ouellet(-3)
Leskinen(-1)/McEneny(-1)
Alzner/Folin
Brook(1G-1)

Kinkaid(18/23)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Les apprentissages de Josh Brook
Bouchard explains his decision over Brook's usage these last few weeks. Explains how he played forward at some point it didn't kill him. Also attributes Brook's struggle with his lack of strength (compares the two cases of Brook and Fleury). Said he decided to play him up front since he was the choice out of the D that would give the best chances to the team to win the game.

Also had this quote about what playing forward would bring to Brook in his development: « Quand on est défenseur, on ne décide pas vraiment comment le jeu physique va arriver, approfondit Bouchard. On doit s’ajuster à l’attaquant, c’est lui qui est en position de force. Donc les batailles à 1 contre 1, on peut dire que c’est 50-50, mais c’est habituellement 70 % pour l’attaquant et 30 % pour le défenseur. [Jouer à l’avant], ça lui a permis d’être physique, de vivre autre chose et de relaxer un peu aussi. »

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Why hasn't Poehling been sent down since the Habs are off?
What for? There's a good chance he'll soon have the opportunity to lead a line in Montreal if Thompson is traded for a pick. And Laval is stacked at center. A perfect tryout to determine if he's able to handle #4C duties full-time next season.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
What for? There's a good chance he'll soon have the opportunity to lead a line in Montreal if Thompson is traded for a pick. And Laval is stacked at center. A perfect tryout to determine if he's able to handle #4C duties full-time next season.

Laval needs to make the playoffs and Montreal doesn't play for a whole week, giving Poehling 2-3 games where he will get plenty of ice time + power play opportunities would be nice and it would help the Rocket. Granted they did win last night, but they have key games coming up this weekend

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I always assumed Larry Carriere was the ''AHL liaison'' guy , guess he must have a new role these days. I swear that dude is the Fredo of this freaking organization :laugh:

Larry is Senior Advisor of Hockey Ops for the AHL if I'm not mistaken. I think part of his role was to scout the ECHL for possible PTOs or AHL contracts for Laval.

He had that role since last year. And honestly, they brought in Connor LaCouvee, Joe Cox, Evan McEneny, Ralph Cuddemi, Kevin Lynch, and Yannick Veilleux (although they already have a relationship with him from before). They were all brought in on PTOs and some of them ended up with AHL contracts.

I will say that if he is responsible for finding these guys and convincing them to sign with Laval, I think he's doing a good job.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Larry is Senior Advisor of Hockey Ops for the AHL if I'm not mistaken. I think part of his role was to scout the ECHL for possible PTOs or AHL contracts for Laval.

He had that role since last year. And honestly, they brought in Connor LaCouvee, Joe Cox, Evan McEneny, Ralph Cuddemi, Kevin Lynch, and Yannick Veilleux (although they already have a relationship with him from before). They were all brought in on PTOs and some of them ended up with AHL contracts.

I will say that if he is responsible for finding these guys and convincing them to sign with Laval, I think he's doing a good job.

That's interesting. I wouldn't mind if they brought most of these players back next season. McEneny, for example, seems like a better player than Leskinen. Lynch is pretty much a perfect #4C.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So apparently, his role was not exactly what his title said. However, he is officially departing on the 7th of February. But word is he is being promoted internally within Groupe CH.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's interesting. I wouldn't mind if they brought most of these players back next season. McEneny, for example, seems like a better player than Leskinen. Lynch is pretty much a perfect #4C.

Yea. I like all of them. Good depth guys that put in an honest effort and have contributed to the team.

I like McEneny very much. But I think Leskinen has more potential.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#22/01/20(Game43:Crunch2-3Rocket-OT)

Dauphin/Evans(1G+1)/Hudon(1A+1)
Peca(-1)/Varone(1G-1)/Barber(1A-1)
Alain(1A+1)/Vejdemo(1G+1)/Jevpalovs(1A+1)
Pezzetta/Lynch(-1)

Olofsson/Ouellet(+1)
Alzner(+1)/Brook
Leskinen(1A+1)/Folin
McEneny(-1)

Primeau(21/23)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I love this. The contrast between Bouchard and Lefebvre comments made exactly two years apart.

January 24, 2020 comments by Bouchard: he wants to make the playoffs. And he wants them to go deep. The goal is to win and they shouldn't stop at being happy to just make the playoffs. It's more than that for him.

January 24, 2018 comments by Lefebvre: we need to find what the problem is. Part of the blame is on the players. As coaches, we can only control what we can do like meetings, etc. It's up to the players to be ready when the game starts. It's a question of maturity.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
it's a shame as the game was going well and then a weak penalty call imo, before the blunder by Kindaid. I really wish they had given McNiven a chance as Kindaid has been very inconsistent, although so has Primeau of late. Didn't watch too much of the 2nd as I felt the game was over after that 2nd goal.
At what point do they just get rid of Kinkaid and call up McNiven? McNiven seems to be shifting around the ECHL a lot and could use a stable situation to develop, while we have no use for Kinkaid at this point.

Reactions: loudi94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad