Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, he has that English tax too. For the big English clubs, it's not just about bringing in a top young talent to build around, that talent is also English.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean...Dembele went for that off the back of a season with 6 goals and 12 assists while looking great, and was older than Sancho is. Sancho has already had a 12/14 season and probably will put up similar numbers this season though he's in a bit of a rut. For a 19 year old he's top drawer and as mentioned with the English tax it's going to have to be an astronomical bid to get him.

I would welcome him at Liverpool. Though again, it's tough because all of Salah/Mane/Firmino will be in their prime for the next 2-3 years and don't look like leaving. I'm a big advocate for having an elite rotational option but I doubt Sancho is going to move to not be 'the guy' (or at least one of the main ones) on whichever team he goes to.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Short of Sancho having some weird background thing come out or desperately trying to force his way to a single destination, I can't really see him going for less than 150m to an English club.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Short of Sancho having some weird background thing come out or desperately trying to force his way to a single destination, I can't really see him going for less than 150m to an English club.
I imagine it'll be something like 120ish with potential add-ons making it 150+. For most of the big deals, you rarely see the the full value of the deal being 100%, it's always a lesser amount with bonuses. Even if the bonuses are easy to attain if healthy, it's just a way to spread payment out or add a little security if it is a flop.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I imagine it'll be something like 120ish with potential add-ons making it 150+. For most of the big deals, you rarely see the the full value of the deal being 100%, it's always a lesser amount with bonuses.

I don't disagree, although I think the addons will be fairly straight forward stuff like goal totals or appearance totals for the bulk of them. Maybe a 10m win the CL addon or something. I don't think they'll be crazy hard to achieve like ballon d'or shortlist or similar.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Reports that Chelsea have a 150M budget with a shortlist of Sancho, Zaha, Chilwell, Ake, and Moussa Dembele.
I want no part of Zaha, he's far too much of an individual to play in our system. His passing and off the ball skills aren't nearly good enough.

I'll gladly take any of those other guys. I can't see Leicester letting Chilwell go for cheap though, and Sancho and Dembele will be very expensive.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Oh come on you can do better than that. Don't forget this guy has been captain every where he goes....

* - actually was just stripped of the captain's band following the jersey incident and was not taken to portugal for today's match

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
In other news, Besiktas is apparently done with Karius, they want to send him home early this winter window

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also lost in the Xhaka swearing at the fans and ripping his jersey off situation was that as soon as his number came up, he ripped off the captains armband and just chucked it at someone. That alone would normally make headlines and lead to a ton of criticism.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Also lost in the Xhaka swearing at the fans and ripping his jersey off situation was that as soon as his number came up, he ripped off the captains armband and just chucked it at someone. That alone would normally make headlines and lead to a ton of criticism.

Also I found it weird that he neither stuck by his actions(while controversial at least you're standing by your morals) or apologized. He just kinda made excuses.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bad news for Citeh fans, Real Madrid are seriously interested in Fabian Ruiz.

Is this lad good?

I honestly think that him throwing the captain band to Auba without any care was a bigger reason why he was ripped from the captaincy than him saying **** you to the fans and taking the kit off.

Whatever the case is, getting 40 million for him would be good business for us, not sure I believe the 50 to 60 million rumours that were over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad