Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Apparently Real are going to renew interest in Pogba in January and are offering 90m + Bale.

I would much rather just a straight sale so they don’t end up paying a bazillion dollars in Bale wages.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Apparently Real are going to renew interest in Pogba in January and are offering 90m + Bale.

I would much rather just a straight sale so they don’t end up paying a bazillion dollars in Bale wages.
I would also rather they didn't get Bale because he was a terror last time he played in the PL.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I would also rather they didn't get Bale because he was a terror last time he played in the PL.

That was also when he was what, 22-23, instead of 30. Obviously Bale's still has a ton of talent (especially compared to a rotation of Lingard, Mata, and Periera they've got at RW now) but it's just really bad asset management to acquire him and pay big wages for him at his age.

It's not like they're in a tight fight for top 4 and would think he can tip them over the edge for it, so even if he can keep up elite play for a year or two, it's not really getting the organization much.

Reactions: YNWA14

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Couple things coming out of barca this weekend. Lautaro interest remains and Vidal/ivan could be involved.

Puig might get a loan move in December and Alena too. They’re also interested in Ruiz. Because duh.

They also have an eye on Mathias Palacios

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That was also when he was what, 22-23, instead of 30. Obviously Bale's still has a ton of talent (especially compared to a rotation of Lingard, Mata, and Periera they've got at RW now) but it's just really bad asset management to acquire him and pay big wages for him at his age.

It's not like they're in a tight fight for top 4 and would think he can tip them over the edge for it, so even if he can keep up elite play for a year or two, it's not really getting the organization much.
I mean, given the way Spurs/Arsenal and even Chelsea have looked at times adding someone like Bale, if he can stay healthy, would be a pretty big step forward in fighting for that top 4 spot for United IMO. Especially if United are intent on setting up as a counter-attacking team where he really kind of thrives.

At the end of the day getting 80m + Bale isn't going to stop them from buying anyone else really and gives them a potentially very useful asset for the next couple of seasons to ease their transition. I doubt United really care about his wages or the asset management giving their spending practices.

Though obviously I'd prefer they didn't get him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Looks like Zlatan is coming back to Spain, judging off his instagram story. Real Madrid maybe?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean, given the way Spurs/Arsenal and even Chelsea have looked at times adding someone like Bale, if he can stay healthy, would be a pretty big step forward in fighting for that top 4 spot for United IMO. Especially if United are intent on setting up as a counter-attacking team where he really kind of thrives.

At the end of the day getting 80m + Bale isn't going to stop them from buying anyone else really and gives them a potentially very useful asset for the next couple of seasons to ease their transition. I doubt United really care about his wages or the asset management giving their spending practices.

Though obviously I'd prefer they didn't get him.
I mean you’re not wrong that Bale would be useful but without Pogba our best mid going forward is McTominay or Pereira. I also have no faith in this board to buy players or good players.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I don't really want him anymore, he's garbage.

I'll take the other Belgian defender they have though.

Yeah he is trash right now, but I would take him just to piss of Tottenham.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not his best year thus far, but let's not pretend he wouldn't improve our back line.

Yeah he obviously would improve us, there are a bunch of other better options on the market, but for free he would be a brilliant signing for obvious reasons.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not his best year thus far, but let's not pretend he wouldn't improve our back line.
Depends on the contract he is looking for.

I've seen the team burn contracts far too often on declining players. He's probably going to come in as one of our highest paid players. We all saw the Lichsteiner experiment last season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Reports that Chelsea have a 150M budget with a shortlist of Sancho, Zaha, Chilwell, Ake, and Moussa Dembele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad