Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
These are the moves that have put them where they are now. If they want to improve go out and buy youth at much cheaper prices.
At some point you need serviceable veterans who can also grow with the youth. Can, for all his faults, is a proven international player who could help build something. He could be there in two or three seasons and still contribute when the young players are improved. Maybe he isn’t the guy for that, but you can’t go all youth and crap.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
At some point you need serviceable veterans who can also grow with the youth. Can, for all his faults, is a proven international player who could help build something. He could be there in two or three seasons and still contribute when the young players are improved. Maybe he isn’t the guy for that, but you can’t go all youth and crap.
I would go for John McGinn long before Can. It’s crazy how high the PL tax is though. Any player that has played in the PL or is English immediately becomes twice as expensive. You can find a player that is twice as good for half the price if you look in Portugal, Netherlands, France, Argentina, lower halves of Spain, Italy, Germany (top teams want too much), MLS ( :sarcasm: )

I mean look at some of this

AWB-$63ish Ricardo Pereira-$28ish (not really twice the player but still think Ricardo is equivalent and half the price)
Maguire-$100M Manolas-41M (again probably not twice the player but still really good)
Lukaku-75M Ben Yedder-45M
Danilo-42M Tierney-30M

That’s mainly just this summer. I would invest HEAVILY in scouting and send them to France, Portugal, and Netherlands!

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, sure you could find cheaper. But my point is more towards the fact that Can has done it in the EPL and knows the pressure of playing for a massive club with expectations that might be a bit outsized for the abilities of players there. I think Juve would happy to be rid of him for cheap, and wages have never been an issue for United. With those factors, I think he’s a buy you can make to improve depth and get more value out of him than you spend. He isn’t the best player they could get, I just think if Juve want him gone for pennies, United should be interested.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Don’t forget the upcoming Brexit quota that’s expected to rise in the EPL.

I would go for John McGinn long before Can. It’s crazy how high the PL tax is though. Any player that has played in the PL or is English immediately becomes twice as expensive. You can find a player that is twice as good for half the price if you look in Portugal, Netherlands, France, Argentina, lower halves of Spain, Italy, Germany (top teams want too much), MLS ( :sarcasm: )

I mean look at some of this

AWB-$63ish Ricardo Pereira-$28ish (not really twice the player but still think Ricardo is equivalent and half the price)
Maguire-$100M Manolas-41M (again probably not twice the player but still really good)
Lukaku-75M Ben Yedder-45M
Danilo-42M Tierney-30M

That’s mainly just this summer. I would invest HEAVILY in scouting and send them to France, Portugal, and Netherlands!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I might be biased but.... i want (wish) that Pep and City would buy 2 Finns in January. Whom?
- CD Paulus Arajuuri* (31 yrs, 6 foot 3 / 200 pounds) - a Finnish version of Vinny Kompany
- ST Teemu Pukki** (29 yrs)

* I think Arajuuri is an amazing central defenseman, big, strong, amazing at aerial battles, good first pass forwards
- he could be the what doctor ordered to our problems in the defense

** sure Agüero & Jesus, how could Pukki possibly get himself other than bench duties, i beg to differ
Pukki would be absolutely perfect for Pep and for his style of football... and i'm still not sure is Jesus
ever going to play up to his full potential

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I highly doubt that Pep is going to sign a 31 year old CB currently playing in Cyprus. And there's also no way Pukki starts over Aguero, so why would he leave?

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Man the Fins will always stand by their guys no matter what.... Pukki is a reach, Arajuuri is unfathomably out there. He wouldn't make any prem team.

Reactions: AB13

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There hasn’t been a pukki party in What a month? If Jesus doesn’t fulfill his potential they go out and get another promising young striker they wouldn’t go after pukki

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Read that Don Balon is saying Klopp has convinced Odegaard and his dad to come to Liverpool in 2020.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Chelsea scout Piet de Visser: Ake should have played for Chelsea by now. He's so good. How often does he not score with his head? He has timing and insight. I hope they buy him back. That boy is perfect for them and he has played with Lampard.

That's from Sky. They have a buyback clause I think of 40m? With PL tax and such that's a steal in the market right now and would be a pretty great buy for Chelsea. Ake/Tomori/Rudiger/Christensen would be a very solid and deep backline.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kind of also unrelated to this window but:

Dietmar Hamman on Jadon Sancho: “What I hear is that Liverpool have great interest in him [Sancho]. I would imagine that next summer they could become one of the biggest interested parties.”

Not necessarily new information as Klopp is a well known admirer.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kind of also unrelated to this window but:

Dietmar Hamman on Jadon Sancho: “What I hear is that Liverpool have great interest in him [Sancho]. I would imagine that next summer they could become one of the biggest interested parties.”

Not necessarily new information as Klopp is a well known admirer.
Nike sponsored...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I bet Premier League clubs are hoping Brexit is extended until the end of January. Even with a deal, work permit's might be harder to get in January.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I think this is actually very reasonable, If true I hope 30 million is the number that get its done!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
didnt u say he was not good enough for Barca
I said I doubt he has the technical ability to play for Barca that and he must improve his passing too. I’m also not in charge of Barca’s transfers sadly. :)

I wouldn’t mind the transfer tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad