Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool in advanced talks over signing Bournemouth ace with swap deal possible

tenor.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zakaria I could see potentially in the summer since I expect Lallana and Milner to finally leave, but the Fraser thing always sounded far fetched to me.
Ehhhh. Zakaria doesn’t really do anything for me. A midfielder that I really like would be Fabian from Napoli. I don’t think they spend big there though. If they switch to 4231 to accommodate a certain Nike guy or two, that would mitigate that a bit
I would also consider Trent in midfield and getting a right back like Pereira out of Leicester.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would consider getting Ox back from LTIR as a new "addition" for you lot.
Yes. That was our summer move. I still think we need a forward in January though. Looks like Chamberlain will get midfield minutes, but also spell Firmino at times. He is a great player

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It is pretty clear that Ox is viewed as Firmino primary backup. He started him at this position and he always substitute them with each other.

Liverpool weaknesses. A proper Leftback backup to Robertson. Long term replacement to Milner and Lallana and a top forward to rotate with Salah/Mane/Firmino. Sancho would be amazing.

Also re-signing Wijnaldum to a longterm contract!

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Saw some Ziyech to Spurs rumours from not reliable sources. Has anyone read that from a source they consider reliable?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It is pretty clear that Ox is viewed as Firmino primary backup. He started him at this position and he always substitute them with each other.

Liverpool weaknesses. A proper Leftback backup to Robertson. Long term replacement to Milner and Lallana and a top forward to rotate with Salah/Mane/Firmino. Sancho would be amazing.

Sancho is an amazing player and I've raved about him for years but I don't think he's the right fit for it (I could be wrong). Someone pacey, direct and that doesn't overhandle the ball with upside of being a top end finisher with a high work rate is the ideal template. Sancho is more of a creator and definitely loves to hold onto the ball; you could see a similar problem in flow under Klopp with Coutinho which is a more comparable player. Obviously he'd still be successful and maybe Klopp could mold him into the player he desires for that position but I think there are others out there with better attributes to fit this...someone like a Werner, Bergwijn, Volland or even someone like (bias) Jonathan David...players that are just really smart in their movement but also quite direct.

It's why pre-injury I thought Brewster would have been an amazing candidate to step into this role moving forward as he had it all, work rate, speed, touch, finishing, directness, etc. but the injury seems to have affected his speed especially so we'll see how that develops.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Not sure if you meant a different player, but Ox has never ever once played striker in a top footballing league above the age of relevance. Thinking he can back Firmino up, even as a false 9 is very strange to me.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

I know he's been mentioned in here before but I'm hoping for Dani Olmo. Very high upside for what should be an fairly okey price tag for english clubs

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Read both Real Madrid and Barcelona are interested in signing Aubameyang this summer. I could see Real Madrid doing it but I don't think he'd fit in at Barca.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Read both Real Madrid and Barcelona are interested in signing Aubameyang this summer. I could see Real Madrid doing it but I don't think he'd fit in at Barca.
Which means he barca bound with stupid board. Agreed though he's a counter attacking striker, wouldn't want him here.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Multiple Italian papers claim Mandzu will be going ManU in January and talks are going on for Pogba.
Give us Dybala and we will give you Pogba. :sarcasm:

I think if Pogba leaves, it’s in the summer. I could see Mandzukic coming in January though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->