2019-20 UEFA Champions League Draw

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I want Virgil to win but can't be too disappointed if Messi does. Would be nice for Virgil to win BDO and this one but eh...I won't hold my breath.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Damn, rough draw for the Belgian teams :laugh:

Club Brugge obviously won't get a result against PSG and Madrid, but I think the board will be happy with a couple of marquee matchups. Hopefully we play PSG first now that Mbappe and Cavani are out. I'm confident we can finish ahead of Galatasaray though, although I really have no idea how good they are at the moment.

Genk will have no chance I think. They're rebuilding after losing a lot of talent over the summer and that will need time. Liverpool and Napoli will be way too strong, and even against a smaller, yet well oiled machine like Salzburg I can't see them getting more than 2 or 3 points.

At least the away days will be good for Brugge. Genk, going to Anfield would be fun, but you couldn't pay me to go to Napoli. Salzburg is a nice change of pace to visit. But yeah, tough draw for them.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
So apparently a player which is not part of the 10 defender of the premier league is now considered the best player in Europe.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pot 2 doesn’t matter. Need to dodge tough Pot 3 and Pot 4 teams. Liverpool did. Good draw.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Glad we play on the opposite day of Paris/RM, Bayern/Spurs, City/Atalanta, and Juve/Atletico. I very much want to watch all of those games. Atalanta, to their credit, will not even try to defend no matter who they play.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is the more appropriate thread
When did Arsenal beat Barca?

And no its not bias and I don't hate EPL and I hate their arrogant/ignorant fans. Never said the top 6 weren't good teams.
Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona

And that was against Barca's golden age team too.
Your team failed to even finish fourth. I think I speak for everyone when I say nobody wants 5th and 6th place teams that couldn’t win a trophy in the CL.
That's because you lot want easy teams to play against. Of course 5th and 6th place clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, and United will give Liverpool more of a challenge than the likes of Genk, Red Star, Donetsk, LOSC, etc. Sorry, but those are facts.

Of course, a fluke. I guess finishing 5th in the league was also a fluke? Always some excuse.
That was a fluke, but finishing 5th was not. Arsenal just had an extremely poor run in the last month of the season including an absolutely brutal away record. None of those are excuses, just facts. What is hilarious is when people put Arsenal so far behind the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham who both had terrible forms like Arsenal to finish the season.

That isnt what the competition is about. If you wanna see your team in competitions they maybe be able to compete and win in theres the Carbou cup and the FA cup. CL is for UEFA not English teams.
I get that it's Europe, but even those clubs of the smaller nations are the richest in those nations so they tend to do the best and then you put them with the giants like the Hercules Arsenal and they get whacked like a mobster. Arsenal would make the round of 16 in the group stages' B, C, D, E, G, and H. You telling me we don't belong?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is not more appropriate at all because Arsenal failed to make the CL. Please put this in the Europa League thread where Arsenal posts belong.

P.S. Red Star got a better result against us last year than Arsenal have gotten in years. Now those are facts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is not more appropriate at all because Arsenal failed to make the CL. Please put this in the Europa League thread where Arsenal posts belong.

P.S. Red Star got a better result against us last year than Arsenal have gotten in years.
Arsenal wrecked Red Star, the only good thing about Red Star was that their fans went down with the Titanic admirably.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nobody cares. This is boring.
Nobody cares? You just said that Red Star is more dangerous than the Arsenal to Liverpool and I cleared your common misconceptions that Arsenal wrecked Red Star when we played them. Didn't Liverpool set a record with wins at Anfield or are you trying to diminish your own lots home arena and how tough it is to play there?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is the more appropriate thread

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona

And that was against Barca's golden age team too.

Yes, a match that happened 8 years ago has any bearing on a games today. Get your head checked. Malaga made it to the semis around the same period, could they too do well in CL? Hilarious.

That's because you lot want easy teams to play against. Of course 5th and 6th place clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, and United will give Liverpool more of a challenge than the likes of Genk, Red Star, Donetsk, LOSC, etc. Sorry, but those are facts.

Look at my post before the draw and who I wanted. Barca should get out of the group regardless of who they get anything else would be a historic upset.

I get that it's Europe, but even those clubs of the smaller nations are the richest in those nations so they tend to do the best and then you put them with the giants like the Hercules Arsenal and they get whacked like a mobster. Arsenal would make the round of 16 in the group stages' B, C, D, E, G, and H. You telling me we don't belong?

I think you're taking that for granted and no you don't belong because you didn't meet the requirements and you won't win the competition so you would be canon fodder similar to Genk.

P.S. Red Star got a better result against us last year than Arsenal have gotten in years. Now those are facts.

Ouch but that was because you were too afraid to play Shaqiri.:)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd like one of tottenham, Ajax or Dortmund for different reasons. I also would like Inter.

and obligatory hoping Madrid get City/LFC and strong team from pot 3/4

Good call. I don’t mind the tough group. If you think you are good, you should be able be able to beat good teams. It should suit the two of the three that go through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad