2019-20 UEFA Champions League Draw

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fine. If you really want to make blanket statements about a fan group base on one fan, that's your prerogative but it's myopic

There’s more than one, but on this subject only one. You know that too, but it’s hard to admit because you’re involved.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fortunately, we get Salzburg at home in match day 2 and avoid four straight away matches. The first match day is stacked. I tried to copy the schedule but it didn’t work.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Right...and he's not wrong. Just kind of a weird forum to bring it up I guess, and his delivery was interesting (especially the 'I love football' part) but all of what he said makes sense.

Well, Frenchman quoting Shakespeare was unexpected, even if it was Cantona. Would be interesting to hear what kind of award speech Cantona would deliver in his native French, if he won some award there now.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not sure it hey have been officially published yet (since there might be some changes), but according to competition rules the match sequence in each group should be:

The following match sequence applies:
Matchday 1: 2 v 3 4 v 1
Matchday 2: 1 v 2 3 v 4
Matchday 3: 3 v 1 2 v 4
Matchday 4: 1 v 3 4 v 2
Matchday 5: 3 v 2 1 v 4
Matchday 6: 2 v 1 4 v 3

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess I fail to see the relevance unless, again, you're willing to say the same about Liverpool deserving a spot in the EPL
Except I'm not the one making the argument that teams don't deserve spots just because they aren't among the best in the world. I thought that was simple enough to follow.

Reactions: Live in the Now

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
wonderful with games starting 18:55 CET and 21:00 CET.

means we get the chance to see 4 live games in 2 days.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Except I'm not the one making the argument that teams don't deserve spots just because they aren't among the best in the world. I thought that was simple enough to follow.
No you’re the one making logically incongruous arguments and thinking you’re clever. I’m not going to go back through every post in the history of this board just to satisfy you and @Live in the Now , but I’m 99% sure SEPH isn’t the first person to have this take.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I've never blocked a poster on here but good god SEPH is almost enough to make me start pretending I'm a Liverpool fan too

As for the matter at hand, I would definitely prefer the CL went back to being just for pure champions, they can save milking match-ups between the top leagues' top 5s for their bullshit pre-season tourneys. Maybe that would help solve people's problem of believing that certain teams "deserve" something, but this is the age of entitlement so what are you gonna do

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I'd like to see a CL with a max. of 2 teams per league - at least that way you would have a more attractive (and financially lucrative) Europa League as well instead of the football purgatory it is at the moment

Reactions: maclean

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No you’re the one making logically incongruous arguments and thinking you’re clever. I’m not going to go back through every post in the history of this board just to satisfy you and @Live in the Now , but I’m 99% sure SEPH isn’t the first person to have this take.
What 'logically incongruous argument' was I making exactly?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Erh....I'll just post here.

Low key one of the best things to happen during Liverpool's overhaul was Can deciding he would rather play for Juventus than us. What an immediate lift to the midfield.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Can didn't decide he'd rather play for Juventus than Liverpool. Can decided he would rather live in Turin than play for Liverpool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad