Speculation: 2019-20 Trade Speculation and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
But also for Heiskanen, Gurianov, Hintz, and more.

Exactly . We're now at the point where the teams core for years has been supplemented by enough younger guys ( with a few coming up ) that the teams main piece will likely be rolled over from Benn and Seguin to Heiskanen , Hintz , Gurianov etc with some older guys still sprinkled in. This was not the case in 2015-16 . It was all Benn, Seguin , Klingberg + some other depth pieces of their age. Nill made the choice to let Goligoski , Demers and some other just leave and instead supplement with younger guys ( which was helped by getting the 3rd pick in 2017 no doubt ) and that looks like a good decision now.

The team isn't all in like some other contenders are and will not completely fall off the map when Benn and Seguin becomes too old to carry a team ( and with Benn we already are there ) .

They made some aggressive moves this offseason with Pavelski and Perry ( Radulov was also one ) but none that can really backfire when things don't go 100% as planned.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Thornton lowkey makes too much sense for a million reasons if not it being the most GMJN move of all time. Can't shake it.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Thats probably a 1st + one of the 4 really good prospects Harley , Oettinger , Dellandrea and Robertson and thats no bueno.

fair, that doesn't sound palatable at all
but it looks like it was a 2nd, a 4th and 2 so-so/serviceable pieces :\

serp

Jan 17, 2016
fair, that doesn't sound palatable at all
but it looks like it was a 2nd, a 4th and 2 so-so/serviceable pieces :\

Well i was off on the pick but the Stars don't have a 2020 second rounder . So that would have had to be our first. Madden is a pretty good prospect. ( a bit better than Damiani i think ) Stars don't have enough 2020 assets to compete in the market this year . 2021 picks just aren't worth as much .

Reactions: JeffP

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Is Getzlaf actually available?

In reality I would love a guy like Tyler Ennis, cheap(er), having a good season, and brings some more speed to the lineup.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Is Getzlaf actually available?

In reality I would love a guy like Tyler Ennis, cheap(er), having a good season, and brings some more speed to the lineup.

I’d be down with Ennis. Could replace Janmark and actually score. Not that Janmark has been terrible, just can’t finish as much as he should

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Namestnikov intrigues me the most out of who’s available.Solid two way guy who I think would fit like a glove . I don’t know he’s worth moving janmark though . I don’t think they can fit him without moving out cap.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
my memory banks are fried.. how was janmark in the playoffs last year?

He had that bad ankle injury in game 1 against the Preds and only played 7 of the Stars playoff games but he was pretty good when he played.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
For some reason I can't see Janmark being moved, but could see Dickinson if they were looking for another C.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
For some reason I can't see Janmark being moved, but could see Dickinson if they were looking for another C.
Dicky has played way too big of a role in the stars success to move him right now . Not a chance he’s getting traded .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars aren't trading a roster player off the team. If they add someone its just purely for future assets . At most its Dowling or Fedun to make money work but neither is UFA so not a great camp dump to make money work.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Moving Dickinson before Janmark seems extremely unwise. Dickinson is the better player overall today, he's young, and he's signed for 1 more year at $1.5 million. He's a better center than Janmark as well, and he has shown that he can play up and down the line up wouldn't miss a beat including filling in as the checking line center. Considering the cap crunch next season, there's at least a reasonable chance he could permanently replace Faksa as the checking line center next season.

I really have a hard time finding a positive to trading him between now and the TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad