Speculation: 2019-20 Trade Speculation and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The prospect pool right now is the strongest i can remember . Well the one year where Heiskanen was a prospect maybe but that doesn't really count to me.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You have a bad memory then.
3 players doesn't make a strong prospect pool

The prospect pool under Armstrong , Hull/Jackson and Niewy sucked pretty badly. A few guys later turned out pretty well but the majority of the time the guys in the AHL waiting for callups were guys like Tom Wandell

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The prospect pool under Armstrong , Hull/Jackson and Niewy sucked pretty badly. A few guys later turned out pretty well but the majority of the time the guys in the AHL waiting for callups were guys like Tom Wandell
Newy regime brought in
Smith, Klingberg, Lindell, Faksa, Oleksiak, Ritchie, Chiasson, McKenzie, nemeth, Dillon, roussel, jokipakka, morrow, eakin, and Shore.
Of those 3 are key players that make up the core of this team. 2 more were traded for our #1center.
And 1 other was traded for our previous #2center
Some fizzled out obviously. But all showed promise at one point.

Nill has Robertson, Harley and Oettinger of even give a pity view to include Dellandrea after 7 years. That is still left in the farm of any substance

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Newy regime brought in
Smith, Klingberg, Lindell, Faksa, Oleksiak, Ritchie, Chiasson, McKenzie, nemeth, jokipakka, morrow, eakin, and Shore.
Of those 3 are key players that make up the core of this team. 2 more were traded for our #1center.
Some fizzled out obviously. But all showed promise at one point

Yeah and all those guys only became key players under Nill . Well into Nills tenure as well. Yes Niewys draftpicks but most of those never even played AHL when he was here. Good draftpicks but they developed under Nill . Alot of this is also because the team got an owner who was willing to go out and spend money on player development including buying the Texas Stars.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah and all those guys only became key players under Nill . Well into Nills tenure as well. Yes Niewys draftpicks but most of those never even played AHL when he was here. Good draftpicks but they developed under Nill . Alot of this is also because the team got an owner who was willing to go out and spend money on player development including buying the Texas Stars.
If you want to give Nill credit for something he had nothing to do with sure. They became key players under Nill because he's had an infinite leash for mistakes while Newy got 4 yrs only

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If you want to give Nill credit for something he had nothing to do with sure. They became key players under Nill because he's had an infinite leash for mistakes while Newy got 4 yrs only

Gaglardi wanted to bring in his own management team and that was his right. I don't think Nill did worse than Niewy who i agree was screwed by the ownership situation at the time but also made some bad decisions.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Gaglardi wanted to bring in his own management team and that was his right. I don't think Nill did worse than Niewy who i agree was screwed by the ownership situation at the time but also made some bad decisions.
I'm not defending him as a gm by any means but all those players didn't become key players because of anything Nill did that wouldn't have happened with any other gm including Newy.
He mad a lot of mistakes as GM. How much was him and how much was the budget situation we'll never know but since he never got another shot at gm maybe it was mostly him.
But I don't know how anyone could look at Nills prospect cupboard and think it is strong or even good.
No top 6 centers coming , no top 6 rws coming, 1 top 4 Dman and 1 top 6 LW. And a maybe #1goalie.
After 7yrs of mostly mid to high draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad