2019-20 San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I love Dostie's work ethic, but think his size is going to keep him an AHL player.

met him at the gym when he was assigned to the echl team last season. cool laid back dude. looks like he's 8 years old though. made me feel old af. Any time a prospect is assigned to the echl, it's hard for me to think they'll ever amount to much in the NHL, but he's done well in the ahl this year so here's hoping. Ollie has been complete ass for the Oilers (ECHL team) this year though.

Reactions: HansH

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Terry doesn't seem to be skating at 100%, but man, he can pretty much stickhandle around any player 1 on 1 in open ice. He helped set up Carrick's goal to make the score 2-1 in favor of Iowa.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
CsVhhs1XYAAX_Vy.jpg

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Terry just standing still dangling everyone, he looks slow as f***, looks like he's not even trying.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Terry is too good for the AHL even with 1 knee. He was standing still all game and still stick handling around people.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Terry doesn't seem to be skating at 100%, but man, he can pretty much stickhandle around any player 1 on 1 in open ice. He helped set up Carrick's goal to make the score 2-1 in favor of Iowa.
This is exactly the thing I was going to comment about jumping out at me about Terry's return -- his puck-handling skills are not only obvious, but his confidence in getting fancy with them, at least at the AHL level, is also CLEAR in these two games back. There were multiple times Friday and Saturday night in which it was like watching someone at a skills practice. It didn't always go his way, but his sense of getting stick on puck looked near-preternatural. I'm hoping this will only continue to develop for him -- and I'll miss him significantly once this conditioning stint is over. I even made the joke tonight "I think the Ducks might call him up before they come back for the third period...".

Reactions: duxfan1101

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Terry is so good, I have no clue why he has problems adapting to the NHL. Smaller players with less talent can, so what is holding him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad