2019/20 Roster Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok, so I had to see if I needed to keep it pruned or not. Then it became, "Can I break this?"

The natural place to start was to go into the threads in long-forgotten corners where people pump up their children as prospects and Ignore everyone in the thread just in case they ever wander out of their pens. As I said, my last guess was 2⁸, or 256, but we're still good to go. This train will never stop. One bad word about tamales and I'm hitting 258.

The fact that you are actively seeking out people to ignore amuses me to absolutely no end. I'm actually cackling right now.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Remember when I asked you if there was a cap on the Ignore List and you had no idea? I'm now confident there isn't one. I have scienced it. It became principle to see if I could break it eventually, but my last reasonable breakpoint was above 256. Still good adding more.

JoJo is out here having a conversation with all of 5 posters on the flyers forum and thats it. I can dig it.

And yet the list doesn't include some of the worst ones :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Thank you.

Could you further explain the bolded as well

'Phil Myers' is the given name of a homo sapien, a self-aware bipedal flesh monster, from New Brunswick, Canada, which is an incomprehensibly goofy country -- a country is a political state based on taxes and unifying pseudo-history -- who plays hockey -- a sport, primarily based on intangibles and size, played on ice with a vulcanized rubber puck disc thing -- on planet Earth, the third planet from the Sun, which is the star at the center of our Solar System. 'Was' is a word -- a sometimes meaningful element of speech or writing -- that is the 1st and 3rd person singular past of 'be.' Therein, Phil Myers was over-performing. Now, he is not.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
'Phil Myers' is the given name of a homo sapien, a self-aware bipedal flesh monster, from New Brunswick, Canada -- an incomprehensibly goofy country -- who plays hockey -- a sport, primarily based on intangibles and size, played on ice with a vulcanized rubber puck -- on planet Earth, the third planet from the Sun, which is the star at the center of our Solar System. 'Was' is a word -- a sometimes meaningful element of speech or writing -- that is the 1st and 3rd person singular past of 'be.' Therein, Phil Myers was over-performing. Now, he is not.

So you're saying we should trade Ghost for Rinaldo

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
So you're saying we should trade Ghost for Rinaldo

giphy.gif

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
"Hagg has played very well lately and has been more effective than Myers."

Over the last 7 games.....

Myers: +1.5 relxGF%, +5.8 relCF%
Hagg: -10.3 relxGF%, -15.4 relCF% (w/ a 100% on-ice save %)
I remember when Myers was scratched for games this season while leading the team in +/- and racking up points, though having trouble driving play. Process over results, yes? Not only that, taking out Myers means you likely shuffle 2 pairings. Myers has had his ups-and-downs, though never as consistently down as Ruprecht, but it sure would be a strange time to yank him after his play has trended up. But as Shakira would sarcastically say, "I'm in the lineup tonight. You know my +/- don't lie. And I'm starting to feel it's right. All the attraction, the tension. Don't you see, baby, +/- is perfection?"
These are just made up numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad