Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is unsurprising to see. I've thought he was outperforming Provorov and definitely Niskanen for a bit now.
Because he has been, but Provorov has this mystical reputation bonus, the ability to make people completely forget about his every mistake, and the usage to make people think he's somehow far superior to anyone else on the D. Been like this for years and it's never been true.

And that's not a slight on Provorov at all, it's an issue with how people evaluate him. He's still very very good.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
It is super nice that the only thing to complain about roster selection right now is Frost. The years of Honk and questioning pretty much every roster decision he ever made are gone, and I don't think enough people appreciate this fact :laugh:

Could add ghost to the organization's roster decision problem when he comes back I guess (hopefully not), but still, that only makes 2.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It is super nice that the only thing to complain about roster selection right now is Frost. The years of Honk and questioning pretty much every roster decision he ever made are gone, and I don't think enough people appreciate this fact :laugh:

Could add ghost to the organization's roster decision problem when he comes back I guess (hopefully not), but still, that only makes 2.
Hagg too.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

giphy.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lindros’ is crazy. That’s with sitting out a year after he was drafted & not being an Ironman health wise either (a half season lockout in there too).

Kind of sucks he played in the era he did. In a game like today’s perhaps he would have fully lived up to his full potential. Without the pressure to get involved in all the extracurricular stuff & just play hockey instead.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't think it's coincidence that getting a couple minutes of PP time a game has loosened up Trav offensively. Not really from a production standpoint but from a confidence standpoint. The best stretches of his career have generally come with PP time. When Ghost eventually comes back, I can almost guarantee he gets the boot.

@TB87 dispensing the Travo stats.

How about this category, Stiz?

usatsi-14072265.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I don't think it's coincidence that getting a couple minutes of PP time a game has loosened up Trav offensively. Not really from a production standpoint but from a confidence standpoint. The best stretches of his career have generally come with PP time. When Ghost eventually comes back, I can almost guarantee he gets the boot.

How about this category, Stiz?

usatsi-14072265.jpg
soft

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
I really don't understand where this opinion comes from. Do I think he lived up to his potential overall? No. Do I think he is lazy and disengaged 85% of the game?! Not a f*cking chance. Not every player is built the same way. JVR has worked hard this year and has been productive at 5v5.
Are we watching the same games? I’ve watched him from his rookie year and he still coasts around the ice until he can stand in front of the net and get a deflection. I don’t know man. I really disagree with your take.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Hagg too.
Well yeah, I would rather Friedman play than Hagg (and obviously ghost over both of them when he's healthy), but complaing about haag being the 6th instead of 7th dman is a pretty minor complaint compared to all the garbage decisions the Hak/Hex era left us.

That and Frost? 2 complaints? It's music to my ears after years of Lethera/VV/Weise/Manning/Farmer taking up roster spots of more deserving kids. And it took less than one season to get to this point, the H brothers had 5 years and showed 0 progress on this front.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well yeah, I would rather Friedman play than Hagg (and obviously ghost over both of them when he's healthy), but complaing about haag being the 6th instead of 7th dman is a pretty minor complaint compared to all the garbage decisions the Hak/Hex era left us.

That and Frost? 2 complaints? It's music to my ears after years of Lethera/VV/Weise/Manning/Farmer taking up roster spots of more deserving kids. And it took less than one season to get to this point, the H brothers had 5 years and showed 0 progress on this front.
Oh yeah, it’s definitely better. Not a high bar to clear, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad