2019/20 Roster Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Do you do any kind of deadlifts? Honestly, once I discovered that, I realized that it is the best bang for buck lift you can do to maintain back, core, leg strength - which helps avoid overcompensation from other muscles for those of us who have sedentary jobs. I used to have lower back soreness all the time in my late 20s, early 30s because I was sitting down all day for work. Once I started deadlifting, everything changed.

Yeah deadlifts have always been part of my routine. I am a pilot though so spend like 1/3rd or more of my time on the road. Hotel gyms are not conducive to heavy leg work and I find single leg dead just don't hit the same way when it comes to making a lot of strength gains. The back injury wasn't so much a result of lack of strength just the nature of how awkward the motion is getting into and out of the flight deck. (Basically doing a pistol squat while twisting and reaching to the right.)

I felt good about my bench at my age until I saw a buddy recently. We grew up together, about same height (5'10"), but he is without exaggerating about a foot thicker than I am lol.

He was benching beside me.... doing 365# for reps of 5! Didn't even look gassed. Mind you, he is in the middle of training for a powerlift meet, but man, at that age, that's impressive. Hell, that's impressive at any age.

Yeah those are beast numbers at any age. That's the sort of strength that comes from lots of training and being born as a human forklift to begin with haha.

Reactions: flyersnorth

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I want one "healthy" scratch of Ghost just for the rage it will induce. I am now in full on give me chaos thought process.
Honestly think its 50/50 if its Myers or Hagg that sits. And yes you have a right to be angry if Myers sits.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
m7IyIhL.png
Literally LOLd at this.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have completed my digging about the attachment question from yesterday, and I think @Hollywood Couturier is prepared to give the answer

After intense digging, I have come to the conclusion that there was an issue yesterday regarding that matter. Unsure if it was an intentional thing at this time.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"Hagg has played very well lately and has been more effective than Myers."

Over the last 7 games.....

Myers: +1.5 relxGF%, +5.8 relCF%
Hagg: -10.3 relxGF%, -15.4 relCF% (w/ a 100% on-ice save %)
I remember when Myers was scratched for games this season while leading the team in +/- and racking up points, though having trouble driving play. Process over results, yes? Not only that, taking out Myers means you likely shuffle 2 pairings. Myers has had his ups-and-downs, though never as consistently down as Ruprecht, but it sure would be a strange time to yank him after his play has trended up. But as Shakira would sarcastically say, "I'm in the lineup tonight. You know my +/- don't lie. And I'm starting to feel it's right. All the attraction, the tension. Don't you see, baby, +/- is perfection?"

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I remember when Myers was scratched for games this season while leading the team in +/- and racking up points, though having trouble driving play. Process over results, yes? Not only that, taking out Myers means you likely shuffle 2 pairings. Myers has had his ups-and-downs, though never as consistently down as Ruprecht, but it sure would be a strange time to yank him after his play has trended up. But as Shakira would sarcastically say, "I'm in the lineup tonight. You know my +/- don't lie. And I'm starting to feel it's right. All the attraction, the tension. Don't you see, baby, +/- is perfection?"

Could you explain the bolded further

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Could you explain the bolded further

Myers was significantly over-performing a couple months ago. His underlying numbers were kinda mediocre but not horrifically so. Him sitting now and again (read: not the month long Sanheim treatment) wasn't an issue in and of itself -- it was sitting for Hagg. It was more surprising that his fantastic goal and individual results didn't give him lineup protection, like it does for most every player around the league. If that is a consistent thing by Vigneault -- that he can look past fluky results good and bad -- we want that. If it was an isolated case, we don't want that. But it's easier to cherrypick for a peaks and valleys player than a flatline bad one. I guess we'll see in part with Ghost.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That’s legitimately what an Admin said when asked about your issue.

Remember when I asked you if there was a cap on the Ignore List and you had no idea? I'm now confident there isn't one. I have scienced it. It became principle to see if I could break it eventually, but my last reasonable breakpoint was above 256. Still good adding more.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Myers was significantly over-performing a couple months ago. His underlying numbers were kinda mediocre but not horrifically so. Him sitting now and again (read: not the month long Sanheim treatment) wasn't an issue in and of itself -- it was sitting for Hagg. It was more surprising that his fantastic goal and individual results didn't give him lineup protection, like it does for most every player around the league. If that is a consistent thing by Vigneault -- that he can look past fluky results good and bad -- we want that. If it was an isolated case, we don't want that. I guess we'll see in part with Ghost.

Thank you.

Could you further explain the bolded as well

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
JoJo is out here having a conversation with all of 5 posters on the flyers forum and thats it. I can dig it.

Ok, so I had to see if I needed to keep it pruned or not. Then it became, "Can I break this?"

The natural place to start was to go into the threads in long-forgotten corners where people pump up their children as prospects and Ignore everyone in the thread just in case they ever wander out of their pens. As I said, my last guess was 2⁸, or 256, but we're still good to go. This train will never stop. One bad word about tamales and I'm hitting 258.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ok, so I had to see if I needed to keep it pruned or not. Then it became, "Can I break this?"

The natural place to start was to go into the threads in long-forgotten corners where people pump up their children as prospects and Ignore everyone in the thread just in case they ever wander out of their pens. As I said, my last guess was 2⁸, or 256, but we're still good to go. This train will never stop. One bad word about tamales and I'm hitting 258.

Might be a 64 bit limit. You have a lot of work to do.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad