Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
giphy.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
At least Sabers understand main ingredient they are missing is heart. They have every right to ask for Couts plus. But sake of trade eliminate the D and the extra is Giroux and Hart? Its like trading Provorov to Leafs and asking for Tavares reilly and F Anderson.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Voracek make not look as fast as in his 'prime' but keep in mind the NHL has certainly become much faster overall with recent emphasis.

He is still in the upper tier of skaters

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sean Couturier (Young) at 27 years old is more like (Middle Aged)

I never really fully understood the whole "prime" thing until I got to ~25 myself.

The last three years the combo of retained speed and added strength alongside recovery... just beautiful. Can take months off (forced or otherwise) and within ~10-14 days back running/swimming/lifting the same as before. Bliss. Could not even do that in early 20s.

I am hoping that both Couturier and myself are amongst the lucky ones whose biological clock means a prime extended to ~35-37! :laugh: (Jaromir Jagr, Joe Thornton, Mats Sundin, Mike Modano, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg.. lucky bastards... after 37 it is basically a 1/1000 chance you have even a year more prime in you... basically you have to be Teemu Selanne.)

Though tbf in a hockey context there is more chance of that if you are a C, who does not rely on speed and is pass first...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
XXX, we barely knew you.

I never really fully understood the whole "prime" thing until I got to ~25 myself.

The last three years the combo of retained speed and added strength alongside recovery... just beautiful. Can take months off (forced or otherwise) and within ~10-14 days back running/swimming/lifting the same as before. Bliss. Could not even do that in early 20s.

I am hoping that both Couturier and myself are amongst the lucky ones whose biological clock means a prime extended to ~35-37! :laugh: (Jaromir Jagr, Joe Thornton, Mats Sundin, Mike Modano, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg.. lucky bastards... after 37 it is basically a 1/1000 chance you have even a year more prime in you... basically you have to be Teemu Selanne.)

Though tbf in a hockey context there is more chance of that if you are a C, who does not rely on speed and is pass first...

Welcome to manhood.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
View attachment 316461
how is this for a stupid post? Found on twitter.
If I was buffalo, I’d totally ask for all of those players too. And not try and trade Eichel. And pray that there isn’t a salary cap anymore. And hope that fletcher had botched brain surgery and was much more pliable...

if you frame it around all of those contexts, it makes sense.

Reactions: Amorgus and Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->