Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
giphy.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know it will never happen for a million and one different reasons, but I would love to see Chris Kreider somehow acquired. Hopefully if he gets traded it is somewhere out west.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
lol and we add a 2nd whut

I personally think coots and eichel is an ok 1 for 1 lol

Prob would be one of the best hockey trades. Eichel is the better “talent”, and Couts is the better “player”. It would really come down to Couts next contract I guess

Reactions: flyersjim73

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Prob would be one of the best hockey trades. Eichel is the better “talent”, and Couts is the better “player”. It would really come down to Couts next contract I guess
Contract and needs. Eichel is the more dynamic and the more offensively gifted player. Couturier is a hockey IQ two-way monster.
Having both on your team would be the jackpot.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Robert Hagg is 2nd on the team in 5 on 5 points the last 11 games :sarcasm::

Couturier 10
Hagg 6
TK 5
Jak 5

Tied for 2nd in on-ice GF:

Couturier 11
Hagg 9
Myers 9
Jak 8

Myers has been on the ice for the most 5 v 5 GA in this span:

Myers 11
Sanheim 9
Giroux 8
Hayes 8
Provorov 8

(Hagg for 1 GA)

Take it all with a huge grain of salt. Hagg is riding an unsustainable heater, for sure.

But I wouldn’t expect him to get yanked out of the lineup quite yet while riding that streak & with the team winning.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Give me something like

G-Couts-TK
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Farabee-Frost-Hayes
Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick

Provy-Niskanen
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Braun

Hart

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I never really fully understood the whole "prime" thing until I got to ~25 myself.

The last three years the combo of retained speed and added strength alongside recovery... just beautiful. Can take months off (forced or otherwise) and within ~10-14 days back running/swimming/lifting the same as before. Bliss. Could not even do that in early 20s.

I am hoping that both Couturier and myself are amongst the lucky ones whose biological clock means a prime extended to ~35-37! :laugh: (Jaromir Jagr, Joe Thornton, Mats Sundin, Mike Modano, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg.. lucky bastards... after 37 it is basically a 1/1000 chance you have even a year more prime in you... basically you have to be Teemu Selanne.)

Though tbf in a hockey context there is more chance of that if you are a C, who does not rely on speed and is pass first...

I'm 34 and still kind of cruising in that "prime" thing. My school load was too heavy to even have time to sneak workouts in for 8 weeks. A total of 12 weeks later I expected that my workouts would be absolutely abysmal, but I practically picked up where I left off. I remember in my teenage and early 20 years that I basically had to workout year-round to maintain a level, so picking up where I had been was still a surprise. It's interesting stuff. On the other side of the coin, recovery is a lot worse these days so even if I tried to work out intensively year-round I'd likely end up injuring myself. As is personal tradition anyhow.

It's a shame that's all likely to come crashing down hard and fast any day now. Probably the second I hit 35.

Watching Ovechkin hit a possible 60 goal pace again is pretty insane for his age. I also wonder if Bobrovsky still follows the insane workout schedule he did when he was young; he's old enough now that the benefits might be overshadowed by the effects of fatigue. Or maybe he's another outlier like Jagr.

Reactions: Appleyard

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm 34 and still kind of cruising in that "prime" thing. My school load was too heavy to even have time to sneak workouts in for 8 weeks. A total of 12 weeks later I expected that my workouts would be absolutely abysmal, but I practically picked up where I left off. I remember in my teenage and early 20 years that I basically had to workout year-round to maintain a level, so picking up where I had been was still a surprise. It's interesting stuff. On the other side of the coin, recovery is a lot worse these days so even if I tried to work out intensively year-round I'd likely end up injuring myself. As is personal tradition anyhow.

It's a shame that's all likely to come crashing down hard and fast any day now. Probably the second I hit 35.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Bunnaman keeps playing the way he has the last few games, "what hole?"
And I wouldn't get excited about Patrick until his 3rd or 4th AHL game.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To clarify there is a hard limit on how much I can do, too, because otherwise I cripple myself for days. So gaining and improving is a tricky thing.

And sometimes I cripple myself for days by sitting in a recliner the wrong way.

I put down a new floor in the fiancees house this weekend, and on monday, i felt like i had been run over by a truck, so i get it.

Reactions: Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad