2019-20 Roster Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
G should be at wing. 3C should be Frost.

All this should be very simple for a competent staff.
Frost nursing a groin injury muddies things whether he's on IR or not.

If he's sore now, it might be better for him to go to the AHL to get back up to speed.

No sense rushing him.

Unfortunately these Patrick and Frost knocks have turned a forward group that looked great into the same issue we have seen the last few years: lacking a competent top 9 centre.

Laughton can work in a pinch, but I am not forcing Frost in there is he has even the slightest injury concern to kick the year off.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frost nursing a groin injury muddies things whether he's on IR or not.

If he's sore now, it might be better for him to go to the AHL to get back up to speed.

No sense rushing him.

Unfortunately these Patrick and Frost knocks have turned a forward group that looked great into the same issue we have seen the last few years: lacking a competent top 9 centre.

Laughton can work in a pinch, but I am not forcing Frost in there is he has even the slightest injury concern to kick the year off.

It'd be much easier to believe that this was the logic behind sending him down if they weren't making stupid decisions with the rest of the roster.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
With Frost nursing a groin issue, I have no issue with him being demoted and staying back to rehab instead of travelling across the world where he "might" play 1 game.

He has almost 2 weeks to get ready for game 2 of the season in case they want to recall him. Get healthy because at some point, we WILL need him this year.

Side note: players get signed for 1 day and then retire. Could we technically sign Stewart for 1 day contract if someone got hurt in Europe and we wanted him for that 1 game only? Doesn't seem likely.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
AV can go f*** himself :laugh:

Morgan Frost is “day-to-day” with a tweaked groin, but Vigneault said the Flyers have already decided Frost won’t go to Europe and will start the season in the American Hockey League.

“He was right there. He was in the mix,” Vigneault said. “He was battling hard. He was playing well. Unfortunately he didn’t get on the scoresheet with the number of opportunities that he had whereas some of the other kids have been able to do it. Right now we’ve got tough decisions to make and that’s what we’re doing.”
So what does that leave the Flyers with in depth at center, which just became a whole lot more shallow?

For one, Scott Laughton has “sort of got that role locked down” at third line center.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Laughton at 3c isn’t wonderful. My only hope is that we are line matching top six against top six and our third and forth lines can go to work against other bottom sixers.

I think frost, getting healthy and playing in the ahl, will get the call pretty quickly.

Probably best just to consider Patrick lost for the time being, best for him too.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That sure is a fascinating understanding of sample size and %s.
If I were coach we wouldn’t have this problem.

smh my head

On a serious note, Farabee hasn’t scored either, so this is just a bullshit excuse he pulled out of his ass. Neither has 3C Laughton.

So not only would it be an idiotic excuse if true, it’s also a lie.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Of course we all want the best F and D group. And we all know Hart is good. But the season could be a big success if Hart plays like he could the entire year. Imagine only giving up 2 GA each game.

Stolarz was waived. Maybe get him over Elliot at this point.

Reactions: Devonator

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Of course we all want the best F and D group. And we all know Hart is good. But the season could be a big success if Hart plays like he could the entire year. Imagine only giving up 2 GA each game.

Stolarz was waived. Maybe get him over Elliot at this point.

Expecting hart to do this is asking for a huge dissapointment

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, it seems the people who whine the most know the least.

Frost could use some AHL time, he's exciting, but like Myers, somewhat erratic.
Farabee isn't as flashy as Frost, but more consistent.

Bunnaman is the real surprise of camp, watching him in the AHL last year, he was a plugger with some goal scoring skills, this fall he looks much faster, which makes his upside middle six instead of 4th line.

Twarynski earned his spot, he picked up where he left off last TC, he's faster and I think he now understands you can't turn it on for 4-5 preseason games and then coast, you have to bring it every night if you're not named Voracek.

Frost, Rubtsov, are on the shuttle passenger list, NAK, Kase, et al have to earn their ticket.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, it seems the people who whine the most know the least.

Frost could use some AHL time, he's exciting, but like Myers, somewhat erratic.
Farabee isn't as flashy as Frost, but more consistent.

Bunnaman is the real surprise of camp, watching him in the AHL last year, he was a plugger with some goal scoring skills, this fall he looks much faster, which makes his upside middle six instead of 4th line.

Twarynski earned his spot, he picked up where he left off last TC, he's faster and I think he now understands you can't turn it on for 4-5 preseason games and then coast, you have to bring it every night if you're not named Voracek.

Frost, Rubtsov, are on the shuttle passenger list, NAK, Kase, et al have to earn their ticket.

Pretty comical considering how drastically incorrect you are routinely.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
We haven't won a playoff series since 2012 and you wonder why people are upset? Giroux and Couts have basically wasted their entire careers here because this organization can't get over "need snot and balls" stuff. We've had the best prospect group in the game for years and we're still going through this stuff. It's embarrassing.

We gave Varone and Knight a combined 70 games to prove they couldn't play, and Hagg has gotten 153 to prove he's one of the worst defensemen in the league. You can go back to Sanheim being benched for Manning, Lindblom being demoted for Weise, or another dozen questionable decisions made over the years.

Chris Stewart can't play. It's unfathomable to think that anyone can watch him and think he should be anywhere near an NHL roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad