2019-20 Roster Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, let's rush Frost, lose hm for a month, have him then take another couple months trying to get his timing and confidence back.

Funny, the guys who whined about NAK not making the team are now whining about Bunnaman making the team. Go figure.

Frost and Rubtsov will be up at some point, maybe late October, maybe January.

Reality check, most teams have meh 3rd lines and 4th lines that can't score.

St Louis last year:
Steen, 7th ATOI - 20 ES points
Maroon, 8th, 17 ES points
Sunqvist, 9th, 28 ES points
Thomas, 10th, 26 ES points
Fabbri, 11th, 6 ES points in 32 games
Sanford 11, 19 ES points in 60 games
Barbashev 12, 24 ES points

Bruins,
Heinen, 7th, 27 ES points
Kuraly, 8th, 21 ES points
Nordstrom, 9th, 12 ES points
Wagner, 10th, 19 ES points
Backes, 11th, 13 ES points
Acciari, 12th, 14 ES points

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, let's rush Frost, lose hm for a month, have him then take another couple months trying to get his timing and confidence back.

Funny, the guys who whined about NAK not making the team are now whining about Bunnaman making the team. Go figure.

St Louis last year:

Bruins,

You shouldn't make things up.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Yes. Corsi. Yes.

I’d just load up the top six & take an L on the bottom six.

tumblr_nr47a0lKdc1qgjeodo1_400.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Bunnaman
Couturier
Farabee
Giroux
Hayes
Konecny
Laughton
Lindblom
Patrick (INJURED)
Pitlick (INJURED)
Raffl
Stewart
Twarynski
Van Riemsdyk
Voracek

That's 13 healthy players for 12 spots. Which means AT LEAST two of Twarynski, Bunnaman, and Stewart are guaranteed to be in the starting roster. AT BEST Stewart is the 13th forward, which is completely unacceptable. NAK and Frost are both able to play, but AV and Fletcher decided against it. They like this roster better.

This is an absolutely disgusting joke.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Hard to believe AV and Fletcher are this dumb, but the warning signs were there. Some of us saw them and caught a lot of **** for pointing them out... but here we are. Lots of people about to be choking on their own words if things go as we fear.
What is AV doing that is dumb, outside of testing obscure defense pairs?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What is AV doing that is dumb, outside of testing obscure defense pairs?

e67f3cfe10a92bc4e7a14ffe4cd2d00f.png

Bunnaman
Couturier
Farabee
Giroux
Hayes
Konecny
Laughton
Lindblom
Patrick (INJURED)
Pitlick (INJURED)
Raffl
Stewart
Twarynski
Van Riemsdyk
Voracek

That's 13 healthy players for 12 spots. Which means AT LEAST two of Twarynski, Bunnaman, and Stewart are guaranteed to be in the starting roster. AT BEST Stewart is the 13th forward, which is completely unacceptable. NAK and Frost are both able to play, but AV and Fletcher decided against it. They like this roster better.

This is an absolutely disgusting joke.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Morgan Frost literally had twice as many points as Connor Bunnaman in the OHL two seasons ago.
Frost has been injured. It makes sense that they’re not going to put him as the 3C and risk injury... it just isn’t worth it for a talent like Frost.

With regards to 4C, AV wants a checking, heavy, and hitting line. Rubtsov and Vorobyev, albeit better than Bunnaman, don’t fit that role. Bunnaman does and he’s done well enough this preseason to let AV give him the spot until Frost is 100% healthy/Rubtsov shows last year wasn’t a fluke. That way Laughton can go down and 1 of the 2 can push for that 3C.

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Hayes - Voracek
JVR - Laughton - Farabee
Raffl - Bunnaman - Twarynski
Stewart

Provorov - Niskanen
Ghost - Braun
Sanheim - Hagg/Myers
Morin

Hart
Elliot
*Based off this preseason*

AV won’t play Stewart because he told fletch that he sucks. It’s AVs lineup. Funny, I didn’t imagine 2 rookies making the lineup, yet we have 3 and all of them are surprises to me.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

St Louis last year:

Bruins,
Thats what you call a real bottom 6 but were getting closer to these teams now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't buy that AV has much influence on the final roster, so I'm attributing that list to Flercher.

AV clearly isn't Stewart's biggest fan and I doubt he's playing today if AV had the power to cut him.

I don't buy that for that second. It's both of them.

A coach like AV doesn't go somewhere if he has no control over the roster and Fletcher doesn't go after someone like AV if he doesn't trust he knows enough to have influence over his own roster.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Frost has been injured. It makes sense that they’re not going to put him as the 3C and risk injury... it just isn’t worth it for a talent like Frost.
Obviously you don't play an injured player, but the timeline was what? 5-7 days? With the Patrick news, Frost's talent is worth keeping around the team.

With regards to 4C, AV wants a checking, heavy, and hitting line. Rubtsov and Vorobyev, albeit better than Bunnaman, don’t fit that role. Bunnaman does and he’s done well enough this preseason to let AV give him the spot until Frost is 100% healthy/Rubtsov shows last year wasn’t a fluke. That way Laughton can go down and 1 of the 2 can push for that 3C.
I don't disagree that's what he wants, but it's not something I agree with. And it goes against what all of the AV fans said during the offseason.

JVR - Laughton - Farabee
Stewart
That group will get torched.

AV won’t play Stewart because he told fletch that he sucks. It’s AVs lineup. Funny, I didn’t imagine 2 rookies making the lineup, yet we have 3 and all of them are surprises to me.
I think people are reading way too much into this. There was a week and 3 games in between when that scene took place and when the show aired. I'm sure there is some fluff on the way to highlight his "comeback".

With the Frost news, I doubt the Flyers are going into Opening Night with 12 healthy forwards under contract so the odds of Stewart getting a contract got exponentially higher. :help:

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Hayes - Voracek
JVR - Laughton - Farabee
Stewart

Provorov - Niskanen
Ghost - Braun
Sanheim - Hagg/Myers
Morin

Hart
Elliot
*Based off this preseason*

I'd be okay with this lineup. Preferably it would have been Laughton at 4C with Patrick or Frost at 3C but since that isn't an option this is the next best case. I can see the argument to not rush Frost back, but if they play him in the AHL then that all goes out the window.

Twarynski earned his shot and he's low risk at 4th line wing.

I'd prefer Myers or even Morin over Hagg but I wouldn't be that upset if he's getting 6D minutes to start. The Hagg hate here goes a little overboard.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Myers talk is a little worrisome given the other options.

It’s just talk. I’m not jumping to conclusions. But it’s concerning.
Yes, the handling of the defense is my only concern with AV at the moment.

Injuries are messing with the forwards and I am not bothered by some of the cuts as many others are. If Stewart is signed and dresses (meaning not press box fodder), that would be the only forward decision by AV that would piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad