Lindblom
Patrick (INJURED)
Pitlick (INJURED)
Raffl
Stewart
Twarynski
Van Riemsdyk
Voracek

That's 13 healthy players for 12 spots. Which means AT LEAST two of Twarynski, Bunnaman, and Stewart are guaranteed to be in the starting roster. AT BEST Stewart is the 13th forward, which is completely unacceptable. NAK and Frost are both able to play, but AV and Fletcher decided against it. They like this roster better.

This is an absolutely disgusting joke.

I’ve been asking this for 3 hours lol. We have no healthy 13th fwd, Stevie made the teams

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
That's 13 healthy players for 12 spots. Which means AT LEAST two of Twarynski, Bunnaman, and Stewart are guaranteed to be in the starting roster.

rageTMNT.jpg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I don't buy that for that second. It's both of them.

A coach like AV doesn't go somewhere if he has no control over the roster and Fletcher doesn't go after someone like AV if he doesn't trust he knows enough to have influence over his own roster.
I am sure he has input, but the final roster is Fletcher's call.

Fletcher gives him the 23 guys. What AV does with those 23 guys is 100% on him. It is why I was annoyed that AV deferred camp lines and D pairs in the early practices to Fletcher.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am sure he has input, but the final roster is Fletcher's call.

Fletcher gives him the 23 guys. What AV does with those 23 guys is 100% on him. It is why I was annoyed that AV deferred camp lines and D pairs in the early practices to Fletcher.
I'm sure if AV told Fletcher he wanted to use Frost or he wouldn't use Stewart then the roster would be adjusted to fit. I see no reason to believe it isn't a group effort, especially given AVs past and Fletchers praise of his resume.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Obviously you don't play an injured player, but the timeline was what? 5-7 days? With the Patrick news, Frost's talent is worth keeping around the team.

I don't disagree that's what he wants, but it's not something I agree with. And it goes against what all of the AV fans said during the offseason.

That group will get torched.

I think people are reading way too much into this. There was a week and 3 games in between when that scene took place and when the show aired. I'm sure there is some fluff on the way to highlight his "comeback".

With the Frost news, I doubt the Flyers are going into Opening Night with 12 healthy forwards under contract so the odds of Stewart getting a contract got exponentially higher. :help:
Maybe... I’m just here to watch. Maybe they should move G back to C:

JVR - G - Konecny
Lindblom - Couturier - Voracek
Laughton - Hayes - Farabee
Raffl - Bunnaman - Twarynski

I think this looks worse. Just me though. Frost will be up soon, but let him get healthy again while still getting some game action- that’s fine in the AHL.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’d lean toward Frost at 3C as well but depends on his health. Realist in me says they don’t do it though and we see Laughton in that spot.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Maybe... I’m just here to watch. Maybe they should move G back to C:
Nah. Not unless Coots or Hayes goes down. Just go heavy on the top 6 for the time being. Sucks for Sanheim and his 3rd pair partner, but that's how it goes.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Soooo... lineup in Prague:

G-Coots-TK
Oskar-Hayes-Voracek
JVR-Laughton-Farabee (poor Joel)
Raffl-Bunny-Twar

Provorov-Nisky
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Braun

Hart

It would be really good. But Im scared about Stewart and HOOG (f***).

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Nah. Not unless Coots or Hayes goes down. Just go heavy on the top 6 for the time being. Sucks for Sanheim and his 3rd pair partner, but that's how it goes.
Isn’t that what I just said and most of your response what situated to they will they will get destroyed.

I don’t think anyone is reading into it too much at all. What favor of it for an old friend if it hurts ‘business’ too much? Stewart shouldn’t be anywhere near this team, but will surely get a contract to sit as the 13th.

I agree with your sentiment. Sorry about the spelling and formatting. This website on mobile is Worse than disgusting on mobile. I agree with you’re sentiment.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It amazes me when the GM repeatedly says something, but fans just ignore it.

According to Fletcher: THERE IS NO FINAL 23.

That is, whatever 23 they have this week could be substantially different in a few weeks.

So relax and just see what happens.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'd be FAR from unhappy if Farabee makes the team, which, lord knows, still isn't a certainty with enough veteran heaviness to sink a cruise liner. I'm just not sure he showed more than Frost, he plays a less valuable position (especially given the other news today), and his contract can slide up to 9 games.

JVR-Frost-XXX
Raffl-Laughton-XXX

But don't tell me you can't field a better lineup with this, adding in some combo of Twar, Bunnaman, NAK, Pitlick, even Farabee too. Now, that looks dangerous. Currently, we have 2 4th lines with JVR or Lindblom as a casualty. Until they deem Frost ready, there's no remedy.

Why buy a plane ticket to Europe to play in some shit league when you can just hitch a ride?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Isn’t that what I just said and most of your response what situated to they will they will get destroyed.
I’m saying with the roster that Fletcher and AV have selected, going top 6 heavy is probably the best route.

What I’m arguing is that they could have selected a better roster, so that the bottom 6 options weren’t a tire fire. But such is life as a Flyers fan.

Reactions: Striiker

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kind of funny with Stewart going but not signed.

You have to figure they give him some kind of compensation. A meal voucher at least.

He earned over $21M in NHL contracts over his career. He should be alright.

Obviously the team has to feed all these guys enough to ensure they get peak performance out of them. Their travel & board are obviously paid by the team as well. I’m sure he’s under their health coverage too if he were to get hurt.

Anything more is a luxury & on the player’s themselves.

Reactions: FlyerNutter

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I’m saying with the roster that Fletcher and AV have selected, going top 6 heavy is probably the best route.

What I’m arguing is that they could have selected a better roster, so that the bottom 6 options weren’t a tire fire. But such is life as a Flyers fan.
NAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad