2019-20 Roster Thread XV: The thread with no name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
2 vs 5 in the opposing end and they were applying pressure. Explain that to me. Do it. Now.
It could be that being smart, skilled, and aggressive means you can possess the puck and prevent goals even better than just sitting in a passive shell.

But again, I'm very stupid and not a pro coach, so this is likely wrong.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm more so triggered by this one:

Maybe in a vacuum, but special teams are your highest leverage situations. Individually, they're far more important than a 5v5 shift. If you have depth, great. But it often becomes a legitimizing of just not playing your best players in the big moments.

Given that PPs don't exactly require a large expenditure of fuel, wouldn't you rather rotate on the PK? And PPs are so chemistry reliant -- what does a PP rotation even mean? Unless that's code for certain defensemen in a 4-1.

upload_2019-9-5_21-44-26.gif

Sounds like someone I know.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Im starting to think we're going to have to shape this roster minus tk and provy. Theres been no evidence the negotiations won't continue into camp.

Sanheim/ghost to pair with Niskanen? Does this pretty much guarantee a rookie a spot to start the year? How much will this confusion affect the team later?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Im starting to think we're going to have to shape this roster minus tk and provy. Theres been no evidence the negotiations won't continue into camp.

Sanheim/ghost to pair with Niskanen? Does this pretty much guarantee a rookie a spot to start the year? How much will this confusion affect the team later?

I think TK will get done pretty soon, not feeling good about Provorov though

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Once a couple of those players sign I think the rest will get their contracts done quickly.

The idea about splitting up time from the PP and PK isn't that bad of an idea. If we can reduce Couts and Girouxs mins a little bit by taking them off of the PP (Couts) and PK (Giroux) then that'll keep them more fresh for the season. You can also take Provy off of the PP and let him work on the PP and even strength where he actually produces more offense.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Once a couple of those players sign I think the rest will get their contracts done quickly.

The idea about splitting up time from the PP and PK isn't that bad of an idea. If we can reduce Couts and Girouxs mins a little bit by taking them off of the PP (Couts) and PK (Giroux) then that'll keep them more fresh for the season. You can also take Provy off of the PP and let him work on the PP and even strength where he actually produces more offense.
I don’t want key players seeing their time reduced on special teams. Special teams play often decides games. I’d rather have a team deep enough to roll 4 lines and 6 D and shave a minute or 2 for these guys at ES. PP minutes, in general, are the least strenuous anyway. When you remove pp minutes from the equation, the only guys playing heavy minutes are Couturier and Provorov. The addition of Hayes should allow them to cut a minute or two from Couturier’s workload and hopefully more depth on D will let them do the same for Provy

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Wouldn’t read to much into AVs comments. We do have players that can rotate on both PP and PK. The way things are now you dont see a lot of special teams playing. If both teams have say 2 or 3 PP a game it should not be a issue.
But it does all come down to the flow of the game as well. I trust this staff more than staff we have had since 2011 on roster moves in game

Reactions: flyersfan187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad