2019-20 Roster Thread XV: The thread with no name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A bit surprised the d is even where it is—sounds like they are expecting rebounds from all of provorov, ghost, niskanen and Braun.

Yeah I think they are a bit optimistic but if Provy and Ghost DO bounce back and Myers breaks out, it could be a really good group.

Reactions: Devonator

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Yeah I think they are a bit optimistic but if Provy and Ghost DO bounce back and Myers breaks out, it could be a really good group.
Honestly I think that we are going to see a mean of provy and ghost—not as good an iteration as 17-18 nor as poor as 18-19, which both will be still bordering on top pair caliber play.

More than any of them, sanheim i feel is the biggest wild card. How much improvement or regression do we see? If he keeps making the leaps and bounds he’s made over the last couple years, holy smokes look out.

I think niskanen and Braun will be improvements on the players they replaced in the lineup, but not by a ton.

Myers i think next year is the real impact year, give him a full year of stability in the system.

I can’t fault the rankings because we are a young team that is counting on progression of a bunch of players. That’s gotta be difficult to handicap.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Heard Anthony Stewart on the radio this morning, talking about his brother Chris, who is coming to
Flyers camp on a PTO. Said it's hard for vets to get contracts because there are so many kids. Chris has been working out at BioSteel all summer and is in great shape. He's 31 with the body of a 25 yr old - hoping to find a way to make the team. Just FYI, don't expect him to make it, but he'll be there competing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Moving on to Marleau now.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Frost-Patrick-Lindblom
Marleau-Laughton-Raffl
NAK

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Heard Anthony Stewart on the radio this morning, talking about his brother Chris, who is coming to
Flyers camp on a PTO. Said it's hard for vets to get contracts because there are so many kids. Chris has been working out at BioSteel all summer and is in great shape. He's 31 with the body of a 25 yr old - hoping to find a way to make the team. Just FYI, don't expect him to make it, but he'll be there competing.
If Stewart comes to play and isnt that lazy f***er that shows up time to time he'll be a bitch at camp and some kids wouldnt wanna compete against him. He's not 50 yrs old and he has a chance to be Maroon on the 3rd line.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Sitting on a hockey bench,
Eying Bob Hagg with bad intent,
Snots running down his nose,
Greasy stats smearing shabby pros,
Hey, Aqualung

ImpoliteCanineGermanshepherd-small.gif

(Ian Anderson in Fletcher's office)

For real though, Hextall made a big deal about going from 0 to 1 to 2 analysts in the span of several years. 2 to 4 is a significant jump in 1 season. I still don't know what to think of them, particularly Anderson given the team goings-on under Hextall ("He is currently the second-longest-tenured analytics staff member in the NHL" -- is that a positive?), but this is a good step. Fletcher has been close to the forefront in hockey analytics.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If they give a solitary f*** about analytics then you'd expect Hagg to be done here, right? I mean, just watching him should be enough, but if you consider analytics it gets even more obvious.

I wonder if they're going to have any input on the Provorov contract too. Or are they just there so we can say we have an analytics department.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This question from Charlie's Q&A is so bad. What should they have done, hired another head coach from college, or a CHL coach?

Flyers Q&A: Charlie O'Connor on fan apathy, reasons for...

Is there anything that makes you think this year the team could break the mediocrity that has plagued it for years? It concerns me that it seems like the team hired another recycled coach from another team.

Wow, this one's even worse. The Flyers had the #2 overall pick just two years ago.

Would you have rather the Flyers have tanked a season and gotten a top prospect, rather than picking 10-20 the last few years? It seems like a top prospect is needed both to invigorate the fan base as well as potentially replace Giroux when he starts to slow down. Couturier is great, but he is not a game changer like Giroux can be. This current prospect pool is deep, but lacks elite prospects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad