2019/20 Roster Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I don't think the tinkering and stuff happening right now is that serious (I'm just generally unhappy with the dinosaur hires in general in the first place), but to answer your question, Chuck spent the offseason having clambakes near the cardboard box that Chris Stewart was living in on the shore of a lake in Bemidji.

What concerns me is AV coming into camp knowing little about the players, it really seems like they put themselves behind the curve for no reason

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm not too worried about those combos. Seems like throwing shit at the wall at this point.

This was a bad year to be selected for the European trip and the behind-the-scenes series. The team is transitioning from an era of disorganized crap under a quiet, inexperienced coaching staff to a group of very strong personalities with a ton of experience and, likely, opinions and expectations. Not to mention the addition of what, 5-6 new roster players?

The whole "be surrounded by cameras all day and then fly to Europe for the last week of camp" thing seems pretty distracting during that. Really seems like a time where the team should have just been down to basics and working like hell to get everything in place, and it doesn't seem easy to do that given the silly circumstances.

Oh well.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
With only the current group?
Farabee-Laughton-Lindblom
Raffl-Bunny-Twarynski

With what it should be?
Farabee-Frost-Lindblom
Raffl-Laughton-NAK
I agree. I’m just saying that regardless of what we wanted, the expectations are based on potential... which is a slippery slope.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
He hasn't even played a game yet in the AHL after being sent down. If he was truly healthy he would have played already. But die on that hill.

Based on the exchange surrounding him in last night's Behind the Glass, it seems like the coaching staff had no real problems with his play and were mostly concerned with the injury. Fletcher referred to him as "a big part of our future for a long time" and AV mentioned that they had to "put him in a position to succeed." Both lamented the injury and said it was unfortunate timing.

That, paired with Fletcher's earlier comments about a consistent exchange of players between LV and the big club, make me think he has a pretty good shot of being in the lineup by November if he gets healthy, stays healthy, and plays pretty well for the Phantoms when he gets his chance.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Frost and Patrick should have both played in Switzerland yesterday. Rub some dirt on it and get out there. Actually, have Patrick rub his dirty head on Frost's groin. That should get them going in a hurry.
Eagles training staff is like..."Damn, I wish we thought of that"

Reactions: VladDrag

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As COC pointed out in his Athletic column today, Welinski and his $750,000 cap hit will have to start the season on LTIR.

NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Full Cap Hit

Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What in the hell has this team and staff been doing all off season and camp? 2 days from puck drop and the lineup is in total disarray. If this team doesn’t hit the ground running they aren’t making the playoffs.

This regime is looking just as bad if not worse than the previous.
I will take that bet.

I wish i had your photoshiop skills so i could do a picture of christ stewart with his "im a dinosaur" quote.
Bro

;)

Reactions: Starat327

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Those lines are bizarre but I'm open to a new coach trying new things. If anything, he wouldn't be doing his job if he just went with what the last coach was doing without trying new combinations. Especially in practice, doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

Giroux and Hayes could be interesting and Couts and Giroux on different lines could be good. That 3rd line looks awful. D pairs aren't great but who knows how Niskanen and Braun will fit in til they try out a few different partners. Really seems like Hagg has the inside lane with how pairings look unfortunately.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
AVs comments, how the lines look, and the lack of scoring and winning in games makes me think Frost is in at 3C as soon as that’s possible.

Outside of that, it was always going to be the case that we would not see AVs system up and running for a month or two. Going to need Hart to keep us afloat for that time.

Reactions: DaphneLion

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Twarynski, Farabee, Bunnaman, Myers, Morin are rookies.
Hayes, Pitlick, Braun, Niskanen are newbies.
That's half your roster.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Those practice lines. :laugh:

What the hell has happened to this organization. I’m really curious as to why this system apparently takes only Mensa candidates to truly pull off.

Last edited:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I'm not too worried about those combos. Seems like throwing **** at the wall at this point.

This was a bad year to be selected for the European trip and the behind-the-scenes series. The team is transitioning from an era of disorganized crap under a quiet, inexperienced coaching staff to a group of very strong personalities with a ton of experience and, likely, opinions and expectations. Not to mention the addition of what, 5-6 new roster players?

The whole "be surrounded by cameras all day and then fly to Europe for the last week of camp" thing seems pretty distracting during that. Really seems like a time where the team should have just been down to basics and working like hell to get everything in place, and it doesn't seem easy to do that given the silly circumstances.

Oh well.

Really odd that we got that series. The NFL doesn't allow the teams that change coaches on Hard Knocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad