Roster Moves: 2019-20 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The guys who generally get credited for their veteranship aren’t good hockey players. It’s just a plea to bring in some older try hard’s & an attempt at a justification for doing so.

Nobody would drive home the point that they’re veterans but both Panarin & Karlsson are just that. Just seemingly Giroux, Voracek, & Couturier get really no credit for either.
It would bewilder me that even though Ghost has played more NHL games than Manning, the later gets credited as a vet (the try-hard kind), but the former is reduced to perpetually sitting at the kid table. Some folks agenda, #sohard

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Best scenario is to mature Frost in AHL , Farabee at juniors to be at big leading role. No need for rush.

We are way youngest team in NHL, we need experienced veteran presens who kids could learn.

I think Bailey makes a strong 4th line player with his speed and getting stronger along the boards and in front of net. That line would be fast and still have a
good offensive upside that other teams would have to try to match.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Another vet thing, adapting to pro-hockey, NA if not from here originally.

Remember early clips of Giroux or Coots, and how broken their english was? Don't even notice that with them now. Well, the same could be said of Morin and Provy*. Listen to them mic'd (Provy), or either of them doing interviews now, they're english is so easy to understand.

Now, language skills =/= hockey skills, but they've been around for a minute for those skills to improve. If time spent is relative, we aren't all a simulation upon a galaxy stuck on the event horizon of a black hole, and the price of tea in china is less than all the stars in the sky, then maybe, just maybe, some of the young guys on the Flyers, that have been drafted moar than ~3 years ago, are ready for an honest NHL audition because they've been around for a minute soaking up the necessary jazz.

The kids are alright. Play them, watch them, let the peacocks fly.

*Listening to Provy speak, he's good, but due to Rocky IV, and Rocky&Bullwinkle, the noticable accent in his voice is always recognizable, and distracting, because meme's.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It would bewilder me that even though Ghost has played more NHL games than Manning, the later gets credited as a vet (the try-hard kind), but the former is reduced to perpetually sitting at the kid table. Some folks agenda, #sohard

Hakstol could relate to the defensemen of limited skill who toiled long in the minors. Manning was definitely one of the lower hockey IQ guys that have played 200+ games for the Flyers. Hagg got elevated to some special vet status as a rookie as well.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Another vet thing, adapting to pro-hockey, NA if not from here originally.

Remember early clips of Giroux or Coots, and how broken their english was? Don't even notice that with them now. Well, the same could be said of Morin and Provy*. Listen to them mic'd (Provy), or either of them doing interviews now, they're english is so easy to understand.

Now, language skills =/= hockey skills, but they've been around for a minute for those skills to improve. If time spent is relative, we aren't all a simulation upon a galaxy stuck on the event horizon of a black hole, and the price of tea in china is less than all the stars in the sky, then maybe, just maybe, some of the young guys on the Flyers, that have been drafted moar than ~3 years ago, are ready for an honest NHL audition because they've been around for a minute soaking up the necessary jazz.

The kids are alright. Play them, watch them, let the peacocks fly.

*Listening to Provy speak, he's good, but due to Rocky IV, and Rocky&Bullwinkle, the noticable accent in his voice is always recognizable, and distracting, because meme's.

ha

I've spent so much time around native Russian speakers I don't even notice Provy's accent.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Lol at the main boards saying Myers+our 1st for Trouba. That’s an overvalue if I ever saw one. Somebody even said Myers, Frost and 1st. Lol. For one year of a player. Trouba is a very good defenseman but he’s not Bobby Orr. I can’t wait to they trade him and Winnipeg fans are disappointed with the return

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Lol at the main boards saying Myers+our 1st for Trouba. That’s an overvalue if I ever saw one. Somebody even said Myers, Frost and 1st. Lol. For one year of a player. Trouba is a very good defenseman but he’s not Bobby Orr. I can’t wait to they trade him and Winnipeg fans are disappointed with the return
Was about to come here to ask about the same insanity. What would we part with reasonably? Their threshold was either frost or sanheim +a first.

I tried to bridge the gap there and said 2020 first and O’Brien since they said they needed center depth and/or prospects.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I’ve already stated my offer would involve the first rounder this year. That’s more than likely the most valuable piece. I believe Winnipeg forgets that he has had durability issues and he also is one year away from UFA.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I wouldn't trade either Myers or Frost for Trouba. No offense to Trouba, but he's not worth a good player on an ELC. I'm not even certain he provides surplus value on his next contract.
I watch him all the time and am telling you , you would love him here and so would every other team . As part of the trade it would be like the Stone trade to Vegas , there would be an extension worked out before the trade would happen . Myers plus a 2020 first on a Trouba 6 year 7.5 mil contract extension would be a yes from me. Who ever is going to trade for him will have that contract worked out ahead of time .

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I wouldn't trade either Myers or Frost for Trouba. No offense to Trouba, but he's not worth a good player on an ELC. I'm not even certain he provides surplus value on his next contract.
He’s definitely worth a good player. The talk is a great player and a first rounder. That’s a no

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don’t want Trouba on the PP over Ghost or Sanheim. He can be on PP2 over Provorov, but good luck with that. :laugh:

His value here is not equal to the value another team could provide where he can be an all situations top pair player. And the price is the same — trade and contract. If you just want a top 4 ES defensemen, you can find a whole lot cheaper players who can provide similar impact as Trouba without the inflated value. $7.5 mil for him on top of a top half 1st and A+ prospect. That’s a hard no for me. Erik Karlsson didn’t even return that value. And I’m not saying he’s not a good player I wouldn’t covet in a vacuum. Trouba won’t even be the BPA RHD on the trade market. He might be the most expensive.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I'm not in favor of moving Provorov, Sanheim or Myers for anyone short of a young star like McDavid, Matthews or Eichel which isn't happening. It's early in the career of these young Flyer defensemen and you can see that they're all going to be something special.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I don’t want Trouba on the PP over Ghost or Sanheim. He can be on PP2 over Provorov, but good luck with that. :laugh:

His value here is not equal to the value another team could provide where he can be an all situations top pair player. And the price is the same — trade and contract. If you just want a top 4 ES defensemen, you can find a whole lot cheaper players who can provide similar impact as Trouba without the inflated value. $7.5 mil for him on top of a top half 1st and A+ prospect. That’s a hard no for me. Erik Karlsson didn’t even return that value. And I’m not saying he’s not a good player I wouldn’t covet in a vacuum. Trouba won’t even be the BPA RHD on the trade market. He might be the most expensive.
I would hope the offensive acumen ghost and sanheim have shown would have some impact there.

I honestly don’t think they get that. Ottawa was, for different reasons, similarly compromised from their negotiating standpoint. The ‘peg is moving him either because they cannot afford him in their long term cap structure or he has shown that he wants out. So I think that first plus a+ prospect is gonna come down. Karlsson is obviously a transcendent talent compared to trouba so I can’t think the jets are going to get more for trouba than Ottawa did.

And we are making a massive assumption that he isn’t the best rhd on the market. There isn’t anything empirical that spurgeon is out there, just speculation .

Trouba is a good to great player (modestly speaking). He would fill a void here. He would make a positive impact here by shifting our d into a very well balanced six man unit. We have the assets to get him. We should at the very least do the due diligence.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I watch him all the time and am telling you , you would love him here and so would every other team . As part of the trade it would be like the Stone trade to Vegas , there would be an extension worked out before the trade would happen . Myers plus a 2020 first on a Trouba 6 year 7.5 mil contract extension would be a yes from me. Who ever is going to trade for him will have that contract worked out ahead of time .

I don't doubt Trouba is a terrific player and he might even be better than most/all of our young defensemen. That said he's what, an $8M defenseman who will get paid $7-$8M for many years. Myers is probably a $4-$5M defenseman who will get paid $1M.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

That is a comically bad idea. There is a very good chance Myers is as good or better than Trouba within a year or two..then you throw in a lottery pick to boot? And have to pay Trouba a hefty raise?

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Honestly the Flyers should just extend Couturier's contract and give him a bunch of money up front. Tack on 5 more years, pay him a salary of $7M a year plus a $20M signing bonus. It'll probably be a bargain by that time and he won't feel grossly underpaid.
He can't be extended until July 1, 2021.
He's like Mark Stone but a quarter of the player.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

EasyMac

Jul 8, 2004
I want to see them add a couple players to the team, but not at the expense of moving established(ing) players that should be part of the core of the team for the forseeable future. We finally have the makings of a good forward and defense corps. Adding a forward and/or defense without taking anyone of value off is what will move this team forward. Dip into picks/prospects pool if can't get it done with a top UFA (with Frost/Farabee being untradeables).

But don't start moving out young pieces who have finally shown that they can be valueable members of the team now that they have been given the chance.

Reactions: baudib1 and renberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad