Roster Moves: 2019-20 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I think you're pretty low on a lot of those.

Correct. I posted these a while back...

Jacob Chychrun just got 6 years at 4.6m and he's a bum.

Noah Hanifan got 6 years at 4.95m

Brady Skjei got 6 years at 5.25m. Also a bum.

Shea Theodore got 7 years at 5.2m

Add to that...

Matthew Dumba 5yrs @ 6m.

Mike Matheson 8yrs @ 4.8m.

Josh Manson 4yrs @ 4.1m

Damon Severson 6yrs @ 4.17m

Colton Parayko 5yrs @ 5.5m

Jacob Slavvin 7yrs @ 5.3m

... the last few were signed in 2017. The price of poker has gone up since then with the cap increasing.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Correct. I posted these a while back...

Add to that...

Matthew Dumba 5yrs @ 6m.

Mike Matheson 8yrs @ 4.8m.

Josh Manson 4yrs @ 4.1m

Damon Severson 6yrs @ 4.17m

Colton Parayko 5yrs @ 5.5m

Jacob Slavvin 7yrs @ 5.3m

... the last few were signed in 2017. The price of poker has gone up since then with the cap increasing.

Sounds like you're team 8x8.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Buffalo has shitty depth thus why they’re a terrible team but that doesn’t really effect Skinner individually. He got the ice time & linemates to be successful. Eichel & Reinhart are his two most common linemates.

Skinner was on a heater for most of this year but it’s now coming back down to normal.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think Karlsson gets $11M+

some guesses
Provorov $7M
Sanheim $4.2M
Konecny $4M
Talbot $2.5M
Laughton $1.8M

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

some guesses
Provorov $7M
Sanheim $4.2M
Konecny $4M
Talbot $2.5M
Laughton $1.8M

I think in terms of play, 6M for Provy's age might be better and I would put it up against Dumba for that kind of contract, but I could see 7M. Sanheim would be 4.5M I feel, mainly because this is his first full season. I really, really doubt Talbot goes for that much considering how cheap we got Elliott, who has been a better goalie the last 3 seasons.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think you will get a 25 year old with 30 points like Laughton for under $2m. Not with an $83m cap.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Skinner was on a heater for most of this year but it’s now coming back down to normal.

Who knew he'd normalize THIS season, with 1 goal in his last 16 games? Death, taxes, and statistical regression to the mean.

I'd just repeat what I said last month.
He will score 40+ this season, but will be do it on the contract you’re paying him? He’s riding a career high 17.5 shooting %. As a career 11.3% shooter (sub-11 before this year). He’s notoriously streaky with it. So, he will be paid on a career year he won’t likely replicate. His assist numbers haven’t gone up; that’s not his game. So, if his shooting % normalized to 11.3% this year, he’s right back to 30 goals/82 games. Which is what he has been: a 30 goal/55-60 point type. A complimentary player I’d covet in a vacuum. But not a game breaker like a top 10 forward in Panarin or a top 3 defenseman in Karlsson. Which is my point. Maybe in some alternate world, we could be in on him. But it just doesn’t make sense to me to (over)spend for the 2nd straight offseason on a complimentary UFA. It’s superstar or walk away when it comes to a long-term deal, as I see it.

Even if his contract demands are in JVR territory now, which is fair, it's a no-go for me. But he was getting big head syndrome -- asking for $8 mil plus -- sitting at a point/game and 50 goal pace through 3/5 of the season.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

some guesses
Provorov $7M
Sanheim $4.2M
Konecny $4M
Talbot $2.5M
Laughton $1.8M

If Sanheim and TK sign for those numbers, they are idiots. There's no way. The cap has risen to 83m.

Look at my earlier post. Crap defensemen like Chychrun, Skjei, Matheson got more than that.

At forward recently...

Teravainen 5yrs @5.5m
Tuch 7yrs @ 4.74m
Larkin 5yrs @ 6.1m
Ehlers 7yrs @ 6m

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
If Sanheim and TK sign for those numbers, they are idiots. There's no way. The cap has risen to 83m.

Look at my earlier post. Crap defensemen like Chychrun, Skjei, Matheson got more than that.

At forward recently...

Teravainen 5yrs @5.5m
Tuch 7yrs @ 4.74m
Larkin 5yrs @ 6.1m
Ehlers 7yrs @ 6m
The AAVs are going to vary wildly depending on the contract length. Tuch and Ehlers are the wingers there that got a contract right after their ELC, but Ehlers had b2b 60 point seasons. Tuch is a pretty good comparable. Would love to get Konecny locked up to that for 7 years and realistically it wouldn't be a bad deal for him. (7 x 5ish). I hope Fletcher is aggressive in locking up the younger guys they think are part of the core. Could be in trouble if we sign Sanheim and TK for 3-4 years.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Random note in all of this future cap planning is that the deals for Giroux and Coututier expire in 3* years, Ghost and JVR in 4 years, and Jake expires in 5. So the biggest crunch will come when Giroux and Coots are UFAs. Hart, Provorov, Patrick, and at least one of Sanheim and Myers will likely be locked up beyond then too.

Their cap situation is absolutely incredible. They do need to really make a push for contention within these next 3 years.

*for simplicity I am ignoring the rest of this season

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Giroux-Couts-TK (3.5M per for 4 years)
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Frost-xxxx (Some good 3rd line RW)
Hartman-Laughton-NAK (signed for 900K for 2 years)

Provy (5M per for 6 years)-EK (10M for 6 years)
Ghost-Myers
Sanheim (4.5M for 5 years)-Gudas
Morin

Hart
Talbot (1M for 2 years)

TK has earned more than $3.5
Provy will get more than $5
Hartman is also an RFA.
Talbot will get more than $1

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Could be in trouble if we sign Sanheim and TK for 3-4 years.

Agreed. 3-4 years is too long a bridge. 2 years is the sweet spot. A perfect bridge. Hopefully, covered and scenic. The place where on a long summer afternoon you can peacefully stop to think about just how f***ed you are in the future.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Who knew he'd normalize THIS season, with 1 goal in his last 16 games? Death, taxes, and statistical regression to the mean.

I'd just repeat what I said last month.

Even if his contract demands are in JVR territory now, which is fair, it's a no-go for me. But he was getting big head syndrome -- asking for $8 mil plus -- sitting at a point/game and 50 goal pace through 3/5 of the season.

yeah I've come totally around to your line of thinking. We're not desperate for talent that we need to pay premiums on the Jeff Skinner types. I'd give him higher annual for 4-5 years. The Skinner/Hoffman types are the ones I don't want to go into their age 32-33 seasons.

And we need to be flexible. There's a lot of crazy good players in the league who may become available over the next few years. The Toronto guys, the Tampa Bay guys, maybe even Draisatl and McDavid.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Agreed. 3-4 years is too long a bridge. 2 years is the sweet spot. A perfect bridge. Hopefully, covered and scenic. The place where on a long summer afternoon you can peacefully stop to think about just how ****ed you are in the future.
Fletch is drawing up the contract in his office right now
bridge_by_intheflorsh-d76b15z.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

At forward recently...

Teravainen 5yrs @5.5m
Tuch 7yrs @ 4.74m
Larkin 5yrs @ 6.1m
Ehlers 7yrs @ 6m

Yeah you're right,I was thinking of it in terms of the team's payroll right now; i.e. "We can't pay you more than Ghost"but that was 3 years ago.

Couturier has to be the best contract in the league right now.

Reactions: Jtown

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

At forward recently...

Teravainen 5yrs @5.5m
Tuch 7yrs @ 4.74m
Larkin 5yrs @ 6.1m
Ehlers 7yrs @ 6m

Unless they're judging based on icetime, it'd be a joke if Provorov made that much more than Ghost.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Honestly the Flyers should just extend Couturier's contract and give him a bunch of money up front. Tack on 5 more years, pay him a salary of $7M a year plus a $20M signing bonus. It'll probably be a bargain by that time and he won't feel grossly underpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad