Roster Moves: 2019-20 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Has anyone considered the fact there is a Russian winger playing for Columbus who will be a UFA this offseason? Do we have cap space to sign him?

Reactions: TheKingPin

JayB

May 30, 2012
Greenway from Wild is a beast. Linblom+2nd? Greenway-Patrick-Ratcliffe drives the game like in the old days om few years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's a steal. I'd do Frost for sure.

don-cherry.jpg

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Brassard for one year might not be a bad idea. Idk what he would be looking for but his value has to be low so maybe he would take one year to try and get a better deal next season.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
It's amusing that for the most part, the Flyers are relatively in the same position this year, as they were last year, with the exception Hart has conceivably resolved the most pressing of goalie issues (still need to find a quality back-up.) The major moves of the year tended to be the hivemind's commonsense moves, and the young players have not yet ascended to a next level tier most were hoping they'd achieve.

Major differences, uncertainty over Fletcher, versus uncertainty over Hextall, what each GM is planning to do.

Have cap space last year and this. Have prospects folks want on the main roster, not yet a given it'll happen. There is top-end talent available (fewer people are arguing over if Panarin is an obvious add than Tavares, or I'm not seeing the contra-arguments), there are 1 or 2 undesirable defenseman on the roster and a prospect not yet given a chance to shine, I'm sure there are a few others as well. And while not the same point totals, the three best forwards are still Giroux, Coots, Voracek- all just another year older, no closer to a meaningful playoff performance as of yet.

This season's highlight was the firing of the GM and HC, followed by the call-up of a rookie goalie during a season in which the team used 8 different individuals in net, from a guy who was quoted as saying in the preceding offseason
Between the AHL and the NHL with the goaltender situation, some decisions to be made there. Any clarity in terms of what you are going to do with personnel or anything?

No clarity at this point. If we have too many goalies, we have too many goalies. I’d rather have too many than not enough. If you don’t have enough, you got a problem. If you have too many, you have a problem. I’d rather deal with that than with not enough. What looks like or feels like one too many then. We’ll deal with it.
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Hextall on 2018 Draft

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Why has Konecny been demoted to the 3rd line? Totally kills his offence.

There's not enough quality forwards to make 3 quality scoring lines -- yet. While I love Konecny this is a move that doesn't bother me too much. JVR needs someone to feed him the puck as he doesn't create his own offense. He's probably the most useless player on the team in a checking role. But TK can create offense by himself so he singlehandedly makes a Laughton-Hartman combo a decent threat.

It's basically working so far -- JVR has been on fire and TK is still getting his points.

JayB

May 30, 2012
Hartman-Laughton-Konecny was quite good, hope they stick together. With some added chemistry it could be more effective.

Laughton-Hartman would work good as 4th line pair next year.

Heey, you analytic guys. Can you give me some report how Ristolainen is doing compared to Larsson and Trouba? ( Or any other good RHD )
Any change to acquire one of these with Gostisphere?

Would do the trick:

Provy-X
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hägg

Last edited:
Reactions: renberg

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I keep really have a difficult time of what Trouba would cost via trade. I know Winnipeg fans will want a gold mine but I think they will get a reasonable package but they will feel undervalued. Essentially like almost every deal for the team trading the NHL player.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I keep really have a difficult time of what Trouba would cost via trade. I know Winnipeg fans will want a gold mine but I think they will get a reasonable package but they will feel undervalued. Essentially like almost every deal for the team trading the NHL player.
I know the fans want D in return. I guess you could trade ghost but I don’t think that’s a good fit. Part of the issue of not playing Morin is no one will trade for him. You could potentially do him and a D prospect that looks good. That may be a decent return. Because we are not trading Sanheim Myers or Provy

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Because I don't think we will get Panarin , I believe Fletcher is going to try for something big and that will have to be through a trade unless he offer sheets
for someone like Marner. I like Zucker and Ekholm and think those 2 editions would help the overall team... would I love a sniper, sure but who is really available?
I wouldn't mind this line-up if Fletcher can make the deals to get them here.

28-14-23
Zucker-19-93
25- Frost or FA- 11
27-21-38

9-Ekholm
6-61
53-3

Morin or Hagg but think he can trade Hagg easier then Morin.

33 or 37

I think Bailey makes a strong 4th line player with his speed and getting stronger along the boards and in front of net. That line would be fast and still have a
good offensive upside that other teams would have to try to match.

Flame away.

Last edited:

JayB

May 30, 2012
Best scenario is to mature Frost in AHL , Farabee at juniors to be at big leading role. No need for rush.

We are way youngest team in NHL, we need experienced veteran presens who kids could learn.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The guys who generally get credited for their veteranship aren’t good hockey players. It’s just a plea to bring in some older try hard’s & an attempt at a justification for doing so.

Nobody would drive home the point that they’re veterans but both Panarin & Karlsson are just that. Just seemingly Giroux, Voracek, & Couturier get really no credit for either.

Reactions: baudib1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad