Roster Moves: 2019-20 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
SPEND MONEY!!!
upload_2019-3-20_23-11-0.gif

WE DONT NEED FREE AGENTS!!! THE PRECIOUS CAP SPACE!!
upload_2019-3-20_23-11-14.gif

WE HAVE FOUR TOP PAIR D-MEN
upload_2019-3-20_23-11-18.gif

NOT ENOUGH D!! WE HAVE MACDONALD!!
upload_2019-3-20_23-11-25.gif

LET THE KIDS PLAY!!
upload_2019-3-20_23-11-29.gif

MOAR VETS!!
upload_2019-3-20_23-11-34.gif

COACHING!! (IS OVERRATED?!?)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
SPEND MONEY!!!
View attachment 202541
WE DONT NEED FREE AGENTS!!! THE PRECIOUS CAP SPACE!!
View attachment 202543
WE HAVE FOUR TOP PAIR D-MEN
View attachment 202545
NOT ENOUGH D!! WE HAVE MACDONALD!!
View attachment 202547
LET THE KIDS PLAY!!
View attachment 202549
MOAR VETS!!
View attachment 202551
COACHING!! (IS OVERRATED?!?)

* WE'RE TIRED OF THE DRAFT!! TRADE OUR 1ST FOR HELP!! RABBLE RABBLE!!

* YOU DON'T TRADE A TOP 15 PICK!! THEY ARE GOLDEN!! RABBLE RABBLE!!

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I am a little worried about this Dave Scott thing for spending close to the cap. I do want us to add big pieces but we need to be smart about it and not spend like drunken sailors.

Add quality, elite players, be aggressive in converting a couple of B prospects into NHL talent but be smart about it. We'll need flexibility over the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: BernieParent

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
Like every other team, I would freaking love to add Panarin, but I feel like our 3rd line center is our biggest forward need. I want Giroux to stay at wing.

Giroux Voracek Coots Jvr Patrick Konecny Lindblom Hartman Laughton

Provo Sanheim Ghost Myers Gudas

Hart

Panarin or a top tier third line Center ie Josh Anderson!

A 28yr Mcdonagh for 6mil on multi yr deal would be the exact leader, and add this team needs to solidify our top 6 D.

Cam Talbot could be the perfect back up other then probably too expensive.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Like every other team, I would freaking love to add Panarin, but I feel like our 3rd line center is our biggest forward need. I want Giroux to stay at wing.

Hart

A 28yr Mcdonagh for 6mil on multi yr deal would be the exact leader, and add this team needs to solidify our top 6 D.

He's 29 plus on a historically great team he still has <50% Corsi and PDO of 104.5. No thank you.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Hart

Hell motherf***ing no

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hockey Central saying Skinner's price could be 6-7 million now.

Has 15 points in his last 28 games. Has come back down to earth. I think he gets more than JVR. I see him getting 7x7.5 million.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hockey Central saying Skinner's price could be 6-7 million now.

Has 15 points in his last 28 games. Has come back down to earth. I think he gets more than JVR. I see him getting 7x7.5 million.

While he's come back down to earth, the team really has a whole. I think Skinner, with the right system and linemates can do some serious damage. Has a great shot and can skate well. I think he'd be more expensive than JVR though basically just due to age. However, I think he'll be cheaper than Panarin.

I think my only real issue with getting someone like Panarin/Skinner is that it'll more than likely prevent someone like Farabee to play top 6 minutes in a few years, especially since I think these guys would want long contracts.

Also, the notion that we need vet D-men really misses what we actually have. We have some damn good young D-men who are ready to burst out and they've shown tons of skill and deserve to play over just some aging vet. AMac is well over the hill and shouldn't play for the O&B again. Morin, Myers and Sanheim are all in prime positions to show off the future of this club and I think they can do it.

Reactions: dag54

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
While he's come back down to earth, the team really has a whole. I think Skinner, with the right system and linemates can do some serious damage. Has a great shot and can skate well. I think he'd be more expensive than JVR though basically just due to age. However, I think he'll be cheaper than Panarin.

I think my only real issue with getting someone like Panarin/Skinner is that it'll more than likely prevent someone like Farabee to play top 6 minutes in a few years, especially since I think these guys would want long contracts.

Also, the notion that we need vet D-men really misses what we actually have. We have some damn good young D-men who are ready to burst out and they've shown tons of skill and deserve to play over just some aging vet. AMac is well over the hill and shouldn't play for the O&B again. Morin, Myers and Sanheim are all in prime positions to show off the future of this club and I think they can do it.
Nobody wants a crap vet like AMac though. The ones that want a vet, want one that can help lead the kids. Someone like EK or Spurgeon become our best Dman the moment they are on the ice. Having a guy like that for them to lean on and learn from is invaluable. Especially with Gudas only having 1 year left. For next year, you have both, then that "new" guy replaces Gudas spot essentially. Still lots of room for everyone.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Nobody wants a crap vet like AMac though. The ones that want a vet, want one that can help lead the kids. Someone like EK or Spurgeon become our best Dman the moment they are on the ice. Having a guy like that for them to lean on and learn from is invaluable. Especially with Gudas only having 1 year left. For next year, you have both, then that "new" guy replaces Gudas spot essentially. Still lots of room for everyone.

With keeping Ghost, Provy, Gudas, Myers and Sanheim for next year, do you play Morin or Hagg? Or does one get sent down? I really wish Morin would get play time as he's been good from the little spurts I've seen. I'd love EK on this team more than Spurgeon, but he definitely would be a costly one. Admittedly, EK would fit better on this team than getting a winger.

Reactions: dag54

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
With keeping Ghost, Provy, Gudas, Myers and Sanheim for next year, do you play Morin or Hagg? Or does one get sent down? I really wish Morin would get play time as he's been good from the little spurts I've seen. I'd love EK on this team more than Spurgeon, but he definitely would be a costly one. Admittedly, EK would fit better on this team than getting a winger.
I said before, I personally would have Morin as the #7 Dman, and trade Hagg.

We will have injuries so Morin will get icetaime. As well, on b2b, I put him in to always have a fresh Dman. And if he plays his way into more minutes, you then can always make the decision later in the year to trade Gudas if you want....not that I would. But you could use next year as a transition year for him without going all in on him in case that injury bug arises again.

Provy Spurgeon
Sanheim Gudas
Ghost Myers
Morin

then the following year

Provy Spurgeon
Sanheim Myers
Morin Ghost
Friedman

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think Skinner would be a nice addition but I think he's going to want too much term. I'd rather sign Panarin to a 10-year $120M contract (if that were possible) than Skinner for 7.
He just seems like the sort of player who will give you 3-4 good years and be somewhat of an albatross at the end. Like Jeff Carter, or Scott Gomez.

As I've said, too many other options seem preferable. Like Zucker, same age, who is signed for 4 years, $5.5 per, which seems a lot more palatable. Trading for Nylander is probably a better deal, because he's someone who could legitimately outperform his contract.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
What is the maximum that the Spurgeon-philes (among whom I count myself) would pay in a trade?

I'd give up a first and a very marginal prospect like a Friedman/NAK assuming he'll agree to a 5-year extension. I'd give up a first and Ratcliffe for Spurgeon/Zucker.

Reactions: Tripod

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Giroux-Couts-TK (3.5M per for 4 years)
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Frost-xxxx (Some good 3rd line RW)
Hartman-Laughton-NAK (signed for 900K for 2 years)

Provy (5M per for 6 years)-EK (10M for 6 years)
Ghost-Myers
Sanheim (4.5M for 5 years)-Gudas
Morin

Hart
Talbot (1M for 2 years)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
EK would be the highest salaried D-man as Subban is 9M, but I don't think he deserves 12.5M of McDavid.
Provy could definitely pull more than 5M, I was just giving some sort of number. 4.5M for Sanheim seems about right since this is his first mostly full season. TK... 3.5 could work or around 4M because he still does need to do a bit more to earn more. Talbot is no where near what he was worth before.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad