2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Man Ladd was great a few years ago. Thats disappointing had toughness too. Ladd from 3 or 4 years ago is the exact type of player this team is missing.

I like Botts acquisitions individually but I see a real problem trading Risto with the toughness on this team.

Toughness is usually not that expensive. Any one of our top 7-8 defenders would address it. I don't know why Botts doesn't address this issue quickly.

Kassian, McNabb, Lemieux, Kane, Foligno....We always traded toughness for finesse.

Risto is not tough where we need it and he sure as heck doesn’t stick up for his teammates. He’s more of a pest.

Reactions: joshjull

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Davidsson's trajectory is not looking too good.
Yeah, some people were so high on him.

I'm really interested in Weissbach still. A point per game pace isn't anything special for a senior, especially given his linemates, but he's produced pretty well every year.

I feel like people on twitter are making too big a deal of Pekar and Cozens production in a positive way. Like people who dont follow prospects or junior hockey thinking over-agers hitting that 1.5 range is super impressive or something

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Yeah, some people were so high on him.

I'm really interested in Weissbach still. A point per game pace isn't anything special for a senior, especially given his linemates, but he's produced pretty well every year.

I feel like people on twitter are making too big a deal of Pekar and Cozens production in a positive way. Like people who dont follow prospects or junior hockey thinking over-agers hitting that 1.5 range is super impressive or something
Cozens is literally leading his league in scoring.

Reactions: sabremike

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

I think he is about our 20th best prospect at this point.

I don't see him being more than a depth player if he makes it and I have more confidence in other players to fill that role (ie. Oglevie who is starting to produce in the AHL)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It turns out Miller is scratched again, this is not very good for him and his value.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I think he is about our 20th best prospect at this point.

I don't see him being more than a depth player if he makes it and I have more confidence in other players to fill that role (ie. Oglevie who is starting to produce in the AHL)
I too am disappointed with Davidson at this current moment in time. But it's not too late for him to turn it around

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
How about we get Mittelstadt some wingers who aren't AHL plugs?

People act like the kid is a bust, but he has had literally zero talent on his wings so far.

How about some guys who can play C and W well - including Mitts?!? The guy who plays pivot the best stays there, be it Casey, Pageau or someone else... The Sharks model from yesteryear... Marleau, Pavelski,, Thornton, Couture, Wingells, Tierney & Spaling could all play centre as well s wing...

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Are we judging this purely on his stats? Or have there been reports on his game that are negative? While he was a high pick I remember the consensus with him being that he was a safe player and had limited offensive upside. Not surprised he’s not scoring much in Sweden. But is he being used effectively in a checking role? Let’s get him over here before we really start to judge him.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The honestly shocking amount of people defending Mittelstadt's play and even say he's been playing good really make me believe we live in a simulation and you guys are just NPCs put in place to create differing opinions. He's a complete non factor right now. It has nothing to do with his line mates. He has been the least noticeable player on his line for almost every game. Asplund, whose development has been handled correctly plays one game and shows more chemistry with Vesey than Mittelstadt has all season. He's simply not ready to be playing in the NHL, let alone in the NHL as a center.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Hey
Risto certainly is tough. He plays the body lays the lumber and doesn't take any crap in front of the sabres net.

He plays the body long past the puck getting by him, and he doesn’t take crap from guys after the whistle with guys from in front of the net, well, sometimes he does, other times he runs his mouth after adjusting his gear while he looks confused of what’s going on. During the play though, you can take as many whacks at the puck while Risto makes his way to you after he made a poor choice around his net.

Just for laughs: just some guys who have fought more recently than Risto: Larsson, Nelson, Girgensons, Erod.

Reactions: GameMisconduct

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
How about we get Mittelstadt some wingers who aren't AHL plugs?

People act like the kid is a bust, but he has had literally zero talent on his wings so far.

And until we do get NHL wingers on the team, he shouldn’t be center. He’s not capable of handling that role right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad