Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There was an adjustment period but it seems Newhook has gotten a hang of this NCAA thing. Up to 10 points in 12 games now.
The "adjustement period" was just moving him back at center where he belongs.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Pretty impressive how quickly Newhook has adapted to the NCAA game. The kid is going to fit in beautifully with the Avs core.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very happy Newhook is doing well with BC. he is producing very well after a short adjustment period. I'm still not convinced the Avs picked the right guy at #16 when Krebs was also available but so far so good. I would be more than happy to eat crow on this one.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I was really impressed by Newhook’s undrafted linemate, Hardman last night.

Same... Hardman looks real good and should get picked up in the mid rounds this year.

When it comes to Newhook's adjustment... he's taken off since being played with Rasanen. Those two have real chemistry and are a good match. Rasanen has played a lot of center in college and he is taking some of that roll now while Newhook is allowed the position in the offensive zone where he is clearly more comfortable and impactful. In someways it is a Landy/MacK situation and it is working real well for them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Very happy Newhook is doing well with BC. he is producing very well after a short adjustment period. I'm still not convinced the Avs picked the right guy at #16 when Krebs was also available but so far so good. I would be more than happy to eat crow on this one.

Krebs is either really going to make me look like a dumbass for doubting his skill-level; or validate my mistrust of junior stars whose only standout skill is their hockey-IQ. Cause I just did not get the hype he got.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Talk dirty to me why don't you.

CZ7Ks9j.jpg

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Period 2 for Helleson was the complete opposite of period 1. He was a rock that time. Pietrangelo lite like.
Might be a bit of an ask, but could you or anyone else give us a run down on the game? Specifically what was the difference between the first and second and how did he look in the third?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Newhook has 9 pts in his last 6 games.

I believe he's playing 3C instead of being the LW for 2C - Boldy (2 pts).

Boldy is a MIN prospect and really struggling, some of the Boards are commenting he might be a bust. Newhook seems better suited as a C than Winger.

Reactions: Balthazar

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I believe he's playing 3C instead of being the LW for 2C - Boldy (2 pts).

Boldy is a MIN prospect and really struggling, some of the Boards are commenting he might be a bust. Newhook seems better suited as a C than Winger.
That is correct. He is playing 3C.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Will he get promoted up in the lineup next year? I'm assuming there will be graduations.
with how hes producing and having an extra year of experience you would have to think so.

Those are pretty impressive numbers for a 3rd line centre.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I've been trying to temper my expectations figuring the Avs will get one good player out of their non-1st round forward prospects: Sampo, Wiess, CaMo, Kovalenko, Burzan, Beaucage, Mutala. But it's getting harder and harder for me not to puch it up to 2.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I've been trying to temper my expectations figuring the Avs will get one good player out of their non-1st round forward prospects: Sampo, Wiess, CaMo, Kovalenko, Burzan, Beaucage, Mutala. But it's getting harder and harder for me not to puch it up to 2.
Honestly if all these guys can come over and make our AHL squad legit I’ll consider that a win. I want some home grown depth guys that can actually go over p/g at that level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad