Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
So if Zhuravlyov makes it as a top 4 guy, does he make Girard or Byram expendable? :sarcasm:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kamenev - Bowers - Kaut
Jost - Kadri - Newhook
Ranta - Compher - Stienburg

Byram - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Zhuravlyov - Helleson

Annunen
Werner

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kamenev - Bowers - Kaut
Jost - Kadri - Newhook
Ranta - Compher - Stienburg

Byram - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Zhuravlyov - Helleson

Annunen
Werner

Not:

Zhuravlyov - Cale
Rosen - Timmins
Byram - Samwise

? :sarcasm:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Zhu will be a bust as shown by CapFriendly having him listed last on their Avs' Reserve List. :sarcasm:

Joking but him becoming at the very least a bottom pair dman for us, along with (hopefully) guys like Kovalenko, Henry, Mutala, would go a ways in changing some of HFAvs' posters' belief regarding our scouting staff.

Reactions: MarkT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Somehow we ended up in a biazaro world where the Avs best prospects are defenseman.

tenor.gif

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
I'm becoming more and more convinced that every player we got in the Duchene trade will be a key piece on the team at some point.

• Girard is already a top pair guy
  • Kamenev will emerge this year or next as a good player (in order to fit with this prophesy)
  • Bowers will be a good player
  • Byram will be a star for us
  • Annunen could be our future starter
  • Now Zhuravlyov is looking good
  • Finally, Andrew Hammond will retire and join our organization in some capacity - maybe as the goalie coach who helps turn Annunen into a star.
Wow, so , did we really get Zhuravlyov, and Annunen from those picks?

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
The Preds 2nd that the Avs got in that deal was traded to Pittsburgh for a 3rd (Annunen) and a 5th (Zhuravlyov) at the draft.
Haha damn, what a haul we got in that trade. Dutchy was my fave Av, but after everything that transpired all I got to say is Thanks Dutch have a great career.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Disagree strongly. As much as I love @cgf I'm a little tired of these sarcastic posts. Team is doing well, trending upwards and our management has mostly done great job for the last few years.

Totally understandable. I know I'm more than a little tired of reading about how any of us who doubt Joe's infallibility are "sakic haters"; so I can certainly supersize...

Reactions: Murzu

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
does anyone now what type of a defender Zhuravlyov is?, and upside comparables?
At juniors he was a solid puck-moving defender that had a calm demeanour and was used as a powerplay QB. Further in his development up till now he has developed into a more reliable defenceman with that same calm demanour. His offensive skills probably won't develop into someone who can be used on the PP, but has decent enough skill in all categorises without truly being amazing in any of them; he's fairly mobile though as a player. If I was going to choose one of them, I would probably say someone around Nick Jensen (probable) or Nate Schmidt (ceiling) type of defender.

Annunen is looking good so far. Two shutouts in a row, unbeaten for 136 minutes and great stats overall. A fantastic way to start a rookie season.
He's probably in-between, he most definitely was not as bad as his numbers said last year, but I highly doubt he's as good as his numbers say this year. This isn't to try and discredit him because he has most definitely improved, but as one of the Finns can conclude here, his team is very good and do a lot of heavy lifting in front of him.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He's probably in-between, he most definitely was not as bad as his numbers said last year, but I highly doubt he's as good as his numbers say this year. This isn't to try and discredit him because he has most definitely improved, but as one of the Finns can conclude here, his team is very good and do a lot of heavy lifting in front of him.
Most definitely, but having a bad season behind a good team is catastrophic so this is as good as it gets for him.

Vehviläinen went from all over the place with Jyp (and the youth NT) to a very good Liiga starter with Kärpät (with maturity too, he calmed down a lot as you might know), so it's interesting to see how he does with the Monsters. Annunen being three years younger I'll be keeping an eye on how he progresses relative to Vehviläinen. And I don't know what his contribution to these guys' games is but Ari Hilli has a great track record of getting numbers out of their goalies in that system, and he's recently served the NT at the OG and WCup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad