Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Does this say more about our draftees or the CHL? :sarcasm:

Some of the stats based people are down the road that if a CHL prospects isn't PPG+ after their draft, it is a kiss of death. At least for forwards.

I think the last CHL forward that the Avs drafted that failed to be PPG in their season following being drafted was Henry and before that all the 2014 CHL forwards.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know, I was trying to make a joke about that & how high scoring the CHL is.

It is crazy on how many players end up PPG in juniors. There are currently 60 players in the Q that are PPG... last year there were 40 who ended at that rate (TBF a number were limited number of games. The Dub is at the same 60 players this year and had 58 at the end. We aren't even in the OHL this year which has been just going nuts on scoring thus far.

Reactions: cgf

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Byram off to an underwhelming start. I expect him to dominate the whl this year

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Got to be a little dejected after being sent down... and into that sunless junkie ridden hell.
Some of the stats based people are down the road that if a CHL prospects isn't PPG+ after their draft, it is a kiss of death. At least for forwards.
At least they are all hitting that mark. Out of all the late rounders we like Kovalenko, Mutala, Beaucage, Sampo, Burzan if just ONE works out it will be such a boon to the organization and good insurance for Kaut and Newhook.

Reactions: MarkT

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

He's averaging a ppg, which is ahead of his 2018-2019 average ppg. But I don't think he should be judged entirely by his offensive production this season. It will happen on these boards in any event, because that is how it is done around here.

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Got to be a little dejected after being sent down... and into that sunless junkie ridden hell.

At least they are all hitting that mark. Out of all the late rounders we like Kovalenko, Mutala, Beaucage, Sampo, Burzan if just ONE works out it will be such a boon to the organization and good insurance for Kaut and Newhook.

They are hitting the mark now... it is so early in the season they could go way above or they could end up way below. Be wary of small sample sizes.

On Byram, people should really settle into the expectation that he's unlikely to repeat 26 goals this year. He may eclipse the total points or he may fall in slightly under, but that isn't the important part of this year for him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I see the Byram is too good for the WHL and can't improve there nonsense is slowly fading out.
Yeah when I saw him in that rookie tournament I thought there wasn’t no chance in hell he could ever go back to junior.

I still feel he’d be much better suited in another league. The junior grind makes for a tough spot to get physically stronger. Unfortunately it’s WHL or NHL and the W is definitely more suitable right now.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I see the hot take brigade is out in full force. He is playing well. I have no idea what some were expecting? Him to go 2ppg?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I see the hot take brigade is out in full force. He is playing well. I have no idea what some were expecting? Him to go 2ppg?

At least 52 goals and 142 points while playing the second half of the season in the NHL where he wins the calder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad