Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Pro-Team Tank Thread - The Final Countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
This is the last year that I’m okay with missing the playoffs imo. This draft is just insane. Any one of :

Lafreniere
Byfield
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti
Lundell
Lapierre
Askarov
Drysdale

would complete our core imo.

"Luckily" we traded for Miller, which will cement our draft spot around the 10-12 mark, so we won't be having to figure out where one of these great players slots into the lineup in the future.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Markstrom is going to play so well that A) we won't be able to afford him if he keeps it up and B) we won't trade him because we're desperate to make the playoffs

It's a great situation to be in.
Theres a C option as well, that they'll run him into the ground.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
"Luckily" we traded for Miller, which will cement our draft spot around the 10-12 mark, so we won't be having to figure out where one of these great players slots into the lineup in the future.

I don't know about 10-12th, the next 4 game road trip after our home game to Detroit will be more telling.

that being said unless we get a top 2 pick it might be scary in the 21 draft what we give up to TB unless this team gets alot better with what they have right now, which sure is possible.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
"You don't know" which way? Think they're better than that, or worse?

10-12 is that perfectly average, mid 80s point level team. I haven't seen anything in the 1st four games that changes my mind on this, they were there last season, looks like they'll be there again. Should be 1-3, but won a game they shouldn't have because of overtime and great goaltending. Happened a ton last year, will happen a bunch again.

I figure we'll finish ahead of the usual suspects, Jersey, Ottawa, Kings, Wings, Jackets, Wild, and will be ahead of some of the next tier, Ducks, Wings, Panthers, Coyotes etc, and behind others.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Still early but from what I've seen so far we're going to be a bubble team all season. First time in years we actually have more than passengers on the top 2 lines.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Colorado got a point in Pittsburgh, while Edmonton, Anaheim, and San Jose won at home. Dallas lost. It's a decent tank night, especially with the three Pacific Division wins.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Every October it's the same thing. See it's a good team! Suck it tank bros!

Then the injuries hit or the goaltending sags or many other things happen and the sinking in the standings occurs....

How excited you must be.

Reactions: Nomobo

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Every October it's the same thing. See it's a good team! Suck it tank bros!

Then the injuries hit or the goaltending sags or many other things happen and the sinking in the standings occurs....
I'd understand if they'd come here and gloat because the team is undefeated, but after the team is 3-2 im not so sure what is there to celebrate. :laugh:
As always, be respectful to both sides, even if their opinions on how to get to where we all want to be (Which is winning the Cup) differs.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
If I'm wrong and they win I'm excited and will happily eat crow.

If I'm right I will be happy because it should spell the end of this atrocious management.

Seems as though, as a canuck fan, I'm in a win-win situation.

Why would you be happy if they win? The whole point is for them to lose so management gets fired, yes?

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
I'd understand if they'd come here and gloat because the team is undefeated, but after the team is 3-2 im not so sure what is there to celebrate. :laugh:
As always, be respectful to both sides, even if their opinions on how to get to where we all want to be (Which is winning the Cup) differs.

A 3-2 start to the season is far better for this team long term than a 1-15 start would have been.

I don’t need to be under any delusions as a fan to realize this.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
A 3-2 start to the season is far better for this team long term than a 1-15 start would have been.

you’re right. This core will remember this 3-2 start for the rest of their careers. It’ll transform them into HOF’ers someday.

Reactions: vanuck

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

As long as we have a muppet for a GM, there is no long term for this team. Our salary cap is disgusting.

Benning and Weisbrod being punted into the sun would go a very long ways to rebuild trust with the fans and tanking is a legitimate way of accomplishing this.

Will it happen though? I dunno. There's a lot of new faces on this team which means the slate has been wiped clean, Gud is no longer here and Loui's not playing so....

Hope for the worst and plan for the best I guess.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
you’re right. This core will remember this 3-2 start for the rest of their careers. It’ll transform them into HOF’ers someday.

Presumably a 1-15 start would mean Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Gaudette and Markstrom all got off to horrendous starts to the season.

Benning or no Benning, that would be a terrible reality for this franchise moving forward.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
As long as we have a muppet for a GM, there is no long term for this team. Our salary cap is disgusting.

Benning and Weisbrod being punted into the sun would go a very long ways to rebuild trust with the fans and tanking is a legitimate way of accomplishing this.

Will it happen though? I dunno. There's a lot of new faces on this team which means the slate has been wiped clean, Gud is no longer here and Loui's not playing so....

Hope for the worst and plan for the best I guess.

So let’s hope our core youth fail while we’re at it?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
So let’s hope our core youth fail while we’re at it?

Question: Why do you think people supports the tank?

For a new GM who's not a gibbering idiot!

But do you know that there is a follow up?

Why do you think people wants a new GM who's not a gibbering idiot?

Because we want the team to win a cup before Mars is colonized.

I think even the most vocal tankers would be happy to see the team doing well and has a legit shot at the cup, instead of sitting in the quagmire of mediocrity.

If Benning makes a team who can bring home the cup, he will be praised, period. For those of us who wants the team to tank and for Benning to get embarrassed, we're more than happy to admit we're wrong, if Lord Stanley comes.

Reactions: Hemty

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Question: Why do you think people supports the tank?

For a new GM who's not a gibbering idiot!

But do you know that there is a follow up?

Why do you think people wants a new GM who's not a gibbering idiot?

Because we want the team to win a cup before Mars is colonized.

I think even the most vocal tankers would be happy to see the team doing well and has a legit shot at the cup, instead of sitting in the quagmire of mediocrity.

If Benning makes a team who can bring home the cup, he will be praised, period. For those of us who wants the team to tank and for Benning to get embarrassed, we're more than happy to admit we're wrong, if Lord Stanley comes.

That doesn’t address my comment. A 1-15 start to the season would set this franchise back tremendously with, or without, Benning. Hence, dreaming up such a scenario goes beyond the reasons you provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad