Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Pro-Team Tank Thread - The Final Countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
That doesn’t address my comment. A 1-15 start to the season would set this franchise back tremendously with, or without, Benning. Hence, dreaming up such a scenario goes beyond the reasons you provided.

Because Benning's long eroded away any good will the fans had in him thanks to half a decade worth of countless incompetence.

People are willing to sacrifice their first born child to have Benning removed. While I don't completely agree with such extreme sentiment, I find it very understandable given how many times Benning's brandished his idiocy like it's something to be proud of.

And the team, under his brilliant leadership, had consistently failed to deliver, despite the performance of players such as Pettersson and Boeser.

Besides, the team's already suffered set backs after set backs in the last five years, thanks to, you guessed it, the man in the chair.

To circle back to the 1-15 scenario, like I said in my post, people wants the cup. Those want 1-15 start not because they hate the young players or the team, they want the cup and for the team to succeed as much as anyone else, but at this point this seems like an impossible task without Benning gone.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
To circle back to the 1-15 scenario, like I said in my post, people wants the cup. Those want 1-15 start not because they hate the young players or the team, they want the cup and for the team to succeed as much as anyone else, but at this point this seems like an impossible task without Benning gone.

I never said you hate the young players. I said that a 1-15 start would mean a step back in all of our young players’ development.

Unless the plan is to win a cup in a new window (10+/- years from now), I can’t see how anyone would be wishing for this.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I never said you hate the young players. I said that a 1-15 start would mean a step back in all of our young players’ development.

Unless the plan is to win a cup in a new window (10+/- years from now), I can’t see how anyone would be wishing for this.

I don't see there being a legit window in the first place, based on the lunacies that has happened to this team in the last five years.

I'm not preaching for 1-15 start either, I'm a passenger on the tank observing how things will pan out, still too early in the season to tell.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
I don't see there being a legit window in the first place, based on the lunacies that has happened to this team in the last five years.

I'm not preaching for 1-15 start either, I'm a passenger on the tank observing how things will pan out, still too early in the season to tell.

Fair enough. I can certainly see the argument for wanting Benning gone. A 3-2 start shouldn’t dissuade anyone from that if that’s their opinion.

Reactions: Hemty

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
"Luckily" we traded for Miller, which will cement our draft spot around the 10-12 mark, so we won't be having to figure out where one of these great players slots into the lineup in the future.

I am thankful that our overlord has quietly built a middling team and ensured his employment for years to come, at the cost of winning it all in the long term. Middling is exactly what this franchise needs considering the last 4 and 50 seasons and what is left in the stands. Fans? Who needs them!

I am also thankful that the NHL has allowed our organisation to stand alone as the only franchise to never have won a draft lottery, never moved up in a draft lottery, and never won a Cup. This streak is in tact despite having the worst overall NHL record over the last 4 seasons.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Because Benning's long eroded away any good will the fans had in him thanks to half a decade worth of countless incompetence.

People are willing to sacrifice their first born child to have Benning removed. While I don't completely agree with such extreme sentiment, I find it very understandable given how many times Benning's brandished his idiocy like it's something to be proud of.

And the team, under his brilliant leadership, had consistently failed to deliver, despite the performance of players such as Pettersson and Boeser.

Besides, the team's already suffered set backs after set backs in the last five years, thanks to, you guessed it, the man in the chair.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Except he's not. People who think Benning has done a good job despite building the worst team in the league over 4+ years are the ones who are wrong.
Hardly any of us think Benning has done a good job, and that wouldn't be a prerequisite for believing the poster in question is usually wrong/incoherent.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This thread is for Pro-Tankers.
If you have a different Opinion, Act respectful towards each-other during Discussions.
If you are Pro - Playoffs, Use other threads, Please do not engage into back and fourth battles in this thread.
Any people not following these Directions, Will be subject to a thread ban.
Thank you!

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
This thread is for Pro-Tankers.
If you have a different Opinion, Act respectful towards each-other during Discussions.
If you are Pro - Playoffs, Use other threads, Please do not engage into back and fourth battles in this thread.
Any people not following these Directions, Will be subject to a thread ban.
Thank you!
Mentioning that you disagree with a particular view isn't a battle, and granting adherents of that view a thread where it can't be contradicted is silly.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Mentioning that you disagree with a particular view isn't a battle, and granting adherents of that view a thread where it can't be contradicted is silly.
As long as the Discussion is respectful, that is fine.
Once a conversation becomes a back and fourth argument, with multiple reports, it gets out of hand

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I am thankful that our overlord has quietly built a middling team and ensured his employment for years to come, at the cost of winning it all in the long term. Middling is exactly what this franchise needs considering the last 4 and 50 seasons and what is left in the stands. Fans? Who needs them!

I am also thankful that the NHL has allowed our organisation to stand alone as the only franchise to never have won a draft lottery, never moved up in a draft lottery, and never won a Cup. This streak is in tact despite having the worst overall NHL record over the last 4 seasons.

hik223a.png

Reactions: valkynax

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I like how the tank thread is meaningless now that Benning gave one of the next two years' picks away so nobody can cheer for the lottery in either year.
Not really accurate. If they miss the playoffs this year...they keep their pick. Guaranteed

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Im not sure whats the issue here, this years Tank thread has a simple designation. We, the tankers, see if this team misses the playoffs this year, it increases the chance this management group is gone, which is what we want. Not sure why the Pro-Benning people even come in here, other than to gloat & annoy people who have different opinions of the team.
If you want to debate us, then at least present some quality arguments, not this b*****it i've been seeing here these past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad