Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Time to bump back up, need to start thinking of cleaning house where possible. Honestly what could Lehner fetch, a 1st maybe?

Well you have to look at what playoff teams need goalies and I just don't see it. Lehner is an upgrade for a lot of teams but I'm not sure he's such an upgrade you could get a first for him unless someone gets injured. Maybe you could trick Edmonton into it.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I would say Carolina would be in the market for Lehner and they have 2 firsts this year. Mrazek isn't exactly setting the world on fire and he wasn't great in the playoffs last year. That's about the only playoff team as of today that I think would be interested.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
tenor.gif

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
For Lehner, I like @Styles idea of Carolina for the reasons mentioned.

San Jose is another option. They are committed to making the playoffs and could use the upgrade in goal. This could even be turned into a mega deal if the Hawks would take Jones back.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The only problem with trading a goalie at the TD is you need multiple teams that need to fix their goaltending or the market won't be there. So if Carolina is the only team in real need for a legit starter, we might be lucky to get a 2nd back. Hopefully a few teams are looking (provided Lehner doesn't want to stay).

CH21 mentioned on the last page (for all those cool cats with a 25 post per page limit) about Strome at the deadline. Interesting possibility. The price needs to be right for me to be happy to part with him, but he's as solid a 2C as will likely be available come the TD, he's currently super cheap due to his ELC, and he's still an RFA after this season, so if a team can't re-sign him this summer, they can still trade him and recoup a bunch of assets. At that point, for most playoff teams, you're probably looking at that team's best prospect or a really solid prospect (think Mitchell level) and a 1st, potentially also a 2nd. A lot of potential value in that type of deal.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
What would Chicago want from Pittsburgh for Brandon Saad? Galchenyuk + Prospect + 3rd?
I wouldnt touch Galchenyuk.

The site isnt letting me link the story, but essentially, Pitt is finding out what Ari and Mtl already knew, that hes not worth the effort.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
What would Chicago want from Pittsburgh for Brandon Saad? Galchenyuk + Prospect + 3rd?

Understood we have to take back gally for cap purposes. But the hawks aren't going to trade saad for a prospect and a 3rd pick.
My guess is the initial ask would be a first and prospect. Then negotiate from there and see where it ends up.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for me i think that is truly a fair trade except maybe getting a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

correction, i like the idea of the prospect without any restrictions. they have several good defensive prospects that can really help the team going forward.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think the reality is Galchenyuk is to make the contract work and then Chicago could likely flip him. The meat of the deal would be one of the Pens prospects + 3rd.
again to me is it 2nd not a 3rd.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If we're trading Saad to Pittsburgh, it better be a good prospect coming back.

I would consider Saad at 50% retention for this season and next for Poulin.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He is a dork. But I'm glad for arizona's fans. Going for it as a organization after so many years getting jerked around.

Imagine being Hall the last few years. From a shitty Edmonton team, to a shitty Devils team, now it's Arizona that gives him the best chance of winning in his career.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If we're trading Saad to Pittsburgh, it better be a good prospect coming back.

I would consider Saad at 50% retention for this season and next for Poulin.
really..... i need to look up this Poulin.

thanks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I would say Carolina would be in the market for Lehner and they have 2 firsts this year. Mrazek isn't exactly setting the world on fire and he wasn't great in the playoffs last year. That's about the only playoff team as of today that I think would be interested.

This would be a very intriguing deal for both sides if Lehner wants to hit the UFA market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce