Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I hope they trade one or both goalies away, and Gus. Please keep Saad. Re-sign one of Crawford/Lehner as a UFA in the off-season.

What a disappointment of a season this has been. I’ve drastically overestimated that talent on this roster and JC’s coaching abilities.
Yeah, I still think the talent is adequate, but the only way to really know is to get an experienced coach in here who has proven himself. Maybe JC is a good coach but the players aren't up to snuff, we won't know until he's gone and a new guy is at the helm. Other coaches are doing more, with less (CLB, WPG, NYI, PIT, MIN, etc)

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
It’s time for Stan to get on the phones and improve this team...

For 2020 and 2021 by taking on bad contracts and shopping Saad, Gus, Lehner, and others for assets.

Honestly Crawford has been pretty good. I might resign him if the price is right and they can find a backup who can take 30+ games.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
To improve this team a coaching change must come first. Trading out and bringing in new players will do diddly squat under the present coaching. A change in GM needs to happen as well. Whether Wirtz will wake up, smell the coffee and make the necessary changes is another thing.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Stan needs to wait til the last moment and get as good as he can. McDLT needs to fire Stan in April. Stan should have to clear all moves with the FO.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Management needs to be gutted or real change will not happen IMO. Bowman fires JC. McDonough fires Bowman. Wirtz fires McDonough. If a new staff comes in and brings fresh ideas, things could turn around.

Reactions: magnificent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->